USA123

Dogs

Unless these big,big dogs can be trained to shit in the toilet and flush, no thanks, 35-50 lbs. is enough for me.  Took care of an Alaskan Malamute that was the meanest dog I ever dealt with, bite you as soon as look as you.  And the cleanup was tremendous.    

• Like 1

This is Maximus.  He’s almost 10.  He’s a rescued mixed lab and pit they say.  He’s gotten a raw deal in his life.  He is diagnosed with prostate cancer, which in dogs is fatal.  They give him maybe a year to a year and a half.  And recently, he wound up with a partially torn acl in his knee from rough housing with a younger dog.  He lives with one of my daughters.  I will miss him.  He is such a great, friendly, loving member of my family.  We’ve had him since he was a pup.

CED2D1C2-5EF9-4335-91D1-4D774EDEEB57.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maximus said:

This is Maximus.  He’s almost 10.  He’s a rescued mixed lab and pit they say.  He’s gotten a raw deal in his life.  He is diagnosed with prostate cancer, which in dogs is fatal.  They give him maybe a year to a year and a half.  And recently, he wound up with a partially torn acl in his knee from rough housing with a younger dog.  He lives with one of my daughters.  I will miss him.  He is such a great, friendly, loving member of my family.  We’ve had him since he was a pup.

CED2D1C2-5EF9-4335-91D1-4D774EDEEB57.jpeg

My heart is breaking for you man...keep your chin up. He looks like a good boy

• Like 1

@Maximus His raw deal turned around when you saved him.  That’s all that matters.  I feel bad about his diagnosis but he looks happy right now. 

Here's my "home protection" dog, Brandy. She thinks she's a big dog so she'll bark at any unknown noises, but once she sees someone who is friendly she's most likely to want a belly rub. Otherwise, she'll run between my legs for protection. That's when I call her "Killer."

20160717_190050.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday, Maximus lost his battle with prostate cancer.  He fought hard and put up with all of his treatments and actually looked like he would be around for a while.  The cancer spread to two of his other legs and the feeling was it had invaded his entire body.  He lost a lot of weight and couldn’t walk without help.  He left us yesterday and isn’t in any pain anymore.  We lost a great friend and will miss him very much.CED2D1C2-5EF9-4335-91D1-4D774EDEEB57.jpeg