Scorpio64

Thanksgiving Cocktail Hour.

Here's a couple delicious recipes for Thanksgiving day.  These are favorites that I've been serving for a few years.

Pumpkin Pie Martini. 

2 parts pumpkin spice vodka (there are several brands, any will do)

1 part Baily's Irish Cream. 

Splash of light cream or half and half

Whipped cream

Ground nutmeg

Ice

Shake vodka, Baily's and light cream mixture  in ice filled shaker, pour into chilled martini glass, top with whipped cream, sprinkle with nutmeg, drink, repeat until unable to repeat.

After Dinner Espresso.

2 jiggers Van Gough Espresso or Double Espresso Vodka

Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino

Whipped cream

Chocolate covered Pocky sticks.

Ground cinnamon

Pour 2 jiggers vodka into a coffee cup (use the nice ones with a saucer if possible), pour Frappuccino leaving enough room for whipped cream, top with whipped cream, sprinkle lightly with ground cinnamon, garnish (optional) with Pocky stick or any similar confection such as chocolate coated pretzel sticks.  This goes extremely well with dessert.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zeke said:

The martini has @Mrs. Peel written all over it

The martini sounds much too sweet for my tastes... I'm more of a dirty martini fan, myself.

But, I do like a sweet after-dinner drink (it's like dessert in a glass!) and that espresso sounds divine! I'll make that up.... for myself anyway! :D

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, T Bill said:

FIL used to always put a shot of Romana Sambuca into his espresso after dinner.  What don't kill ya makes you stronger.

Yes, but I noticed your use of the past tense...

19 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

The martini sounds much too sweet for my tastes... I'm more of a dirty martini fan, myself.

But, I do like a sweet after-dinner drink (it's like dessert in a glass!) and that espresso sounds divine! I'll make that up.... for myself anyway! :D

That would be Benedictine  Not B&B but Benedictine.  Always support the church :)

• Like 1

My usual mixed drink is Jamison's Black Barrel with an ice cube or two (that's the mix part)

I do have to make my wife's drink of choice:

• 1 shot of Jamison's (I just use the regular Jamison's for this)
  • 6 oz of Ginger Ale (whatever kind you like, I like Canada Dry because it's not too sweet)
  • Juice from half a lime
  • Add a lime slice for garnish (or for additional lime juice if the person wants to drop it in)

-Jim