louu

Another home made case lube thread

Yeah there is a million threads online about home made case lube and I never cared to try it until I realized it was going to take me at least 4 more cans for this winters loading season. At $10 or more a can that was to much, I could buy about 800 .223 heads for that much. Well after watching a few videos and reading a few threads I figured I'll give it a shot, whats the worst that could happen, I waste $15...

You'll need some liquid lanolin, here is the one I used https://www.amazon.com/Home-Health-Liquid-Lanolin-Ounce/dp/B0014AWF0S/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1511369620&sr=8-3&keywords=liquid%2Blanolin&th=1

Some 99% isopropyl alcohol, here is the one I used https://www.amazon.com/Swan-Percent-Isopropyl-Antiseptic-Solution/dp/B00ZCCYTWG/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1511369769&sr=8-3&keywords=99%%2Bisopropyl%2Balcohol&th=1

And a spray bottle, Walmart has some really nice ones by the irons for 88 cents.

HCDLxkv.jpg

According to the internet your supposed to mix it in a 1:10 ratio and it turns out the internet was right. I simply poured 10 oz of alcohol in the bottle

edV83Mf.jpg

Yeas its low now I been using it

The lanolin being 4 oz. I took my caliper, measured the liquid in the bottle, divided it by 4 and put some marks on the bottle

4rL3Lfl.jpg

Shake it up and use it.

Let me tell you that it works better than 1 shot and you use less. Just 1 or 2 shots from that spray bottle and they are butter smooth. It really goes a long way I probably have a lifetime supply now. 

2 tricks, 

1. You have to let the alcohol evaporate so wait a couple minuets before resizing.

2. If you hate the smell of alcohol there is some liquid smelley stuff in the candle isle at walmart, I got the one that smells like oranges, just add some in there and your smelly old reloading room will be like a flower shop.

• Like 2

I spray it on a rag pile my casings on to the rag and wipe them keeps lube from getting inside cases.. geez I used crc 5-56 for years this way last year when I ordered my 650 I ordered 2 bottles of dillons lube probably switch back I like the 55-6 better..