FishNHard

who has xfinity internet

Honestly they all suck to deal with , every time I call I get someone I cannot understand , for what I pay Verizon for phone and internet and Comcast for my tv  it would be cheaper to get the Comcast bundle , I just wanted to see how others like it since you have to sign a 2yr agreement.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FishNHard said:

Hey all , I have Verizon DSL and its slow and drops out alllllll the time fios is not available were I live and was wondering who has cable internet and how's the speed and reliability Thanks John.

in lindenwold just switched from verizon dsl last year to comcast. no issues whatsoever.

Getting about 235Mbps download and 12Mbps upload with xfinity. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but you can buy your own modem if you’re just getting internet from them. You have to use their hub if you’re also getting voice as part of their package. 

53 minutes ago, FishNHard said:

Thanks for the reply's .  Ive had 5 techs out here this year and everyone one of them said old lines , heavy rain or wind and internet is useless, constant having to reboot modem  and constant drop outs It is really getting old. 

i caught verizon flat out lying to me. on more than one occasion. i still have their old copper landline here......but the 3rd time i caught them bs'ing me, i told them that they needed to have me up n running by the end of the day or i was switching to comcast. a superviosor called me, gave me another bs line to which i repeated the "fix tonight or you lose me" line.....they didn't fix it. even if they DID get fios into my area....and even if it were 100 times better than comcast, they will never get me back....other than the copper landline. and if that goes away, they'll never get me back for anything. eff those pricks.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FishNHard said:

Right now I only have tv tru Comcast , not sure how that would work buying my own modem and signing up for internet.

Tv with internet is fine. I think it’s only if you get a bundle with their phone or security that requires a special box only they provide. 

Yes - you can buy/use your own cable modem if you don't have the triple play which includes voice.  I had a HD set top box and used my own cable modem.  Helped cut down on monthly costs.

I actually pay more now for Verizon FIOS but get better channels (more for the kids) and much faster internet.

34 minutes ago, FishNHard said:

Thanks all, looks like ill be switching for the hell of it I did a speed test early this morning  just to see what I was actually getting  and the download speed was 1.17 mbps and upload was 0.36 , I think I heard the website laugh at me LOL .

Yeah. You could probably print out the bits on paper and hand-deliver them by camelback quicker. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Yes - you can buy/use your own cable modem if you don't have the triple play which includes voice.  I had a HD set top box and used my own cable modem.  Helped cut down on monthly costs.

16 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but you can buy your own modem if you’re just getting internet from them. You have to use their hub if you’re also getting voice as part of their package. 

Back in early 2015 in order to save money, I opted for the Comcast / xfinity triple play combination bundling package of TV, Telephone and Broadband.  To save even more money I bought my own (Comcast-approved) cable modem dedicated for the telephone function and a second cable modem that also has a built-in WiFi router, for our wired and wireless broadband and cable TV.  I had a Comcast service technician set it all up to make sure it all worked well together.  It does and has for over two years.  The cost of my purchasing the two modems at Best Buy have now equaled what the monthly  rental cost would have been if I had gone that route.   BTW, I have a combination of TiVo and Comcast X1 set top cable TV boxes, just to make things even more complicated.

Good luck with your new set up.

AVB-AMG

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Oh and if anyone needs a Comcast/Xfinity cable modem, I have one here (Docsis 3.0 so you can get the good speeds).  Will let go for cheap.

I just bought the Arris with Docsis 3.1. It has a 3.1 connection on the downstream and 3.0 on the up. Pulling 215/12 on a 200/10. Not too bad.

I was going to buy the Arris with Docsis 3.0 but I read about latency issues with the Intel chipset.

With Verizon FIOS and their router, I was getting 89/88 on a 75/75. Kinda miss them.

Just now, Vicious said:

I just bought the Arris with Docsis 3.1. It has a 3.1 connection on the downstream and 3.0 on the up. Pulling 215/12 on a 200/10. Not too bad.

I was going to buy the Arris with Docsis 3.0 but I read about latency issues with the Intel chipset.

I have the Arris SURFboard SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 - Download Speed: 172 Mbps

Not the fastest speed but hey - if anyone wants it it'll save you some money.