Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

Black Friday broke nics record

34 minutes ago, mossburger said:

But is it more people buying guns?

Or is it just people who own guns, buying more?

What we gun owners need, more than anything, is more PEOPLE who own guns, not people who own more guns.

Politically speaking, that is. 

Concur. And that's why I hope every single person who reads this thread has their own 2018 New Shooter Recruitment Plan all mapped out. :D

• How many people do you intend to bring to the range monthly?
  • Have you identified who they are?
  • Have you talked it up already (planting the seed)? etc.

I believe that may be the single most impactful thing every individual gun owner can do (and should also be a big focus of our 2A groups). If they caught ME on a hot mic instead of Loretta - I'd be saying "recruit - recruit - recruit!!!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mossburger said:

What we gun owners need, more than anything, is more PEOPLE who own guns, not people who own more guns.

Standby by.. I don’t like to e dance. But fo u I might. Looking into njsp data

On 11/27/2017 at 4:27 PM, mossburger said:

This, 100%

But in all honesty, there are guns in a majority of homes in the US.  People just don't broadcast it.

15 hours ago, T Bill said:

The antis claim every time there is talk of a new ban, the 3 percent that own guns go by more, who knows.

Well according to them, anyone who has more than 2 guns in the home is a ticking timebomb with their "arsenal" of ten firearms.  If we were to believe their rhetoric of "more guns = more gun deaths" then the chart wouldn't look like this.

percent_changes_since_1993_-_number_of_f

• Like 3

On 11/27/2017 at 5:06 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

Concur. And that's why I hope every single person who reads this thread has their own 2018 New Shooter Recruitment Plan all mapped out. :D

• How many people do you intend to bring to the range monthly?
  • Have you identified who they are?
  • Have you talked it up already (planting the seed)? etc.

I believe that may be the single most impactful thing every individual gun owner can do (and should also be a big focus of our 2A groups). If they caught ME on a hot mic instead of Loretta - I'd be saying "recruit - recruit - recruit!!!"

Don't fret none Mrs. Peel, cause it IS a "big focus" of every 2A group that shares info!  In fact, CNJFO just helped to sponsor the Black Bag Resources' Minuteman Challenge down at Ft. Dix Range #14, and we'll be sending guns, ammo & volunteer instructors to Tony Simon's Diversity Shoot at Gun For Hire tomorrow night!  :) 

Anthony Colandro's famous line, heard both on his podcast & in-person, "EACH ONE, REACH ONE!" is something I've personally been practicing for DECADES!  Get Newbies behind the trigger, in a safe environment, with good instruction, and watch magic happen :) 

• Like 2

On 11/28/2017 at 9:25 PM, Ray Ray said:

This, 100%

But in all honesty, there are guns in a majority of homes in the US.  People just don't broadcast it.

I agree, I know some that have them, but really don't talk about it unless their with their group of friends. It's almost like  they don't mention it because they don't want to get labeled. 

• Like 1