Sign in to follow this  
Jackruf

References on Subsequent Purchases

It has been a few years since I applied for a P2P so my memory may be off.  I filled out the firearms purchase permit form today and left the reference section blank, thinking this was only done on during the initial application process. When I submitted, I was told to go back and fill in two references. Does the local PD actually send reference letters out each time you apply for a permit? I don't recall this being the case after the initial FID card application. The process can become onerous on the references.

4 minutes ago, Jackruf said:

It depends. Some PD's do, some don't. If you feel comfortable sharing the location of your PD, I'm sure some here will be able to tell you whether yours does or not.

Regardless, you have to provide two references - not related to you - everytime you apply for P2P. They can be the same you've always used or someone new. Can be NJ resident or from out of state.

• Like 1

Mine doesn't call them but does send them the form every time. One of my references got divorced and he didn't send it in last time and it held up my permits. He ended up hand delivering it. It turned out his wife made sure they got done in the past. In the future I will put a new reference down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk