Sign in to follow this  
1LtCAP

impressive

while everyone's all googly-eyed over the dodge demon running 10.8's. the fact is it's a limited production stupidly expensive car.

then there's the 2018 mustang gt. running 12.02@117mph bone stock. a regular production car in the realm of affordability for most people.

https://www.svtperformance.com/2017/11/16/lmr-2018-mustang-gt-runs-12-02-117-mph/

21 minutes ago, T Bill said:

Running a 12 with a standard front passenger seat sounds good to me, I miss my "68 fastback though.

i['ve been through a few 60's stangs. had mostly coupes....but had a 68 fastback project car. never finished it due to working too many jobs. some guy came along and offered me cash on the spot..and like a dumbass i took it. can't touch a decent condition 67-68 fastback for less than 10k now.

also....that 2018 weighed 3800 and change when it ran that.

Check out the Chevy SS.  If I had more money than I knew what to do with I would like to get one.  GM / Holden stopped protection this year.  Only produced from 2014 -2017. Not as rare as the Pontiac G8 (another Holden import) but rare enough that I have yet to see one on the road.

I also like the style and design of the new Stangs.  

54 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Check out the Chevy SS.  If I had more money than I knew what to do with I would like to get one.  GM / Holden stopped protection this year.  Only produced from 2014 -2017. Not as rare as the Pontiac G8 (another Holden import) but rare enough that I have yet to see one on the road.

I also like the style and design of the new Stangs.  

I've ridden in my coworker's...it's a great sleeper. There's even a button inside the car to make your exhaust  a little quieter when you're trying not to wake the babies

Edit: I forgot, I think @Pizza Bob has one, IIRC

Yes I do :D and I love it. 

Actually the SS is rarer than the G8. There were actually fewer SS's made, total - over the four years they were produced - than the production of G8's for just the 2008 model year (appx 12K 2008 G8's vs, 11K 2014,15,16,17 SS's) and I'm not sure of the 2009 G8 production numbers. I had a 2009 G8 GT that I traded for my 2017 SS. The G8 GT was only available with an automatic, you had to go for the G8 GXP to get a manual. My SS is a manual 6-speed (Tremec 6060) and I love this car. While the G8 was available in three trim levels (G8 base V6 & G8 GT for 2008 / G8 GXP added for 2009) The SS only came one way - completely loaded. Only options were the choice of transmission, a sunroof and a full-size spare.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

a customer of mine has an ss. he bought all the holden badging and had it installed. he ordered a holden airbag...which he said was hell to get shipped......and installed it. he loves the car. i like the sounds of them, but think they're kinda plain looking. 'least they don't look like big fat nissans like the stangs do though.