Bully

107 vs. 108 vs. 110 vs. 115---Help Me Pick a Bullet

I'll be building a regular old 243Win for my next shooter. I'm looking at the heavier weight bullets and wondering what direction I should go. The rifle will be a paper shooter at 300 with possibly a local comp or two and will go on steel to 1k once a year. I'll be running a 26" (+/- 1/2") 7 twist tube so I can handle the heavier bullets. Once I figure out a bullet I'll set the chamber up with my buddy and we'll get that all figured out. 

I'm hoping to get them to run just about 3k. 

I'm just going roundy-round on bullet choice so I figured let me defer to the experts (or at least more informed than myself) on the site. Any help is appreciated.

A 108 seems to perform the best on paper I guess in the field would verify this.  Experience tells me max speed never wins in accuracy, look for something around 2800 plus or minus.  Powder would seem to be a factor as well, 243 and barrels seem to have this love hate relationship and sometimes the results are more than popped primers. 

Thanks all.

As far as barrel "life" I'm not all that concerned about it.  I'm learning to chamber/thread my own barrels so the cost is somewhat cut by that. 

As far as speed, I want to be in the 3k neighborhood.  In a 243Win it looks like I'll be within 50fps or so with the right powder and a 110SMK.  I have 100 of these on the way to try out even though the rifle won't be ready for quite a while.  The 110 requires a 7 twist because of it's design.  It's not always a weight thing, it's more often a length thing.  

I appreciate all the feedback.