Barms

Bitcoin...

Deleting posts will work here here, though checking the wayback machine (the internet archive) the forum has been archived 101 times since 2009.  No way to remove it from there, though it can’t archive the password protected 1A forum.  Unless they somehow got their hands on the cryptographically-uncrackable password.  :-)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

At 32,500 now.  Up al.ost 10x from Sniper's Jan 28 post.

If you recall, the last record high was December 2017, when it hit 19K, and all the fools rushed in, only to see it collapse through 2018, all the way down to 3K in 2019.

Are you feeling luckier THIS time?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Barms said:

Well now that you guys quoted me it kind of defeats the purpose.  Just let it be known my stuff is multisig and obviously this is a gun owners forum.  

not following

surely you realize you cannot 'delete' anything you've put on the internet and let sit, with regards to forums like this.

are you planning on blowing something up and need to clear the slate?   lol   just kidding

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

surely you realize you cannot 'delete' anything you've put on the internet and let sit, with regards to forums like this.

are you planning on blowing something up and need to clear the slate?   lol   just kidding

Maybe he just made his billion in Bitcoin, and is looking to retire in the Caribbean, anonymously?

I hear Jeffrey Epstein's island is for sale. :thankyou:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sniper said:

If you recall, the last record high was December 2017, when it hit 19K, and all the fools rushed in, only to see it collapse through 2018, all the way down to 3K in 2019.

Are you feeling luckier THIS time?

Bought some back in 2018.  Rode out the lows.  My small investment has a little more than doubled.  May sell half and let other half ride 

9 hours ago, Barms said:

How do i remove myself from this entire thread history?   Just edit/delete myself?

Suicide is never the answer.  Buck up little camper.  We'll beat that slope together.

But seriously, if you are following the thread & receiving notifications, then just unfollow it.  Should be a button you click at bottom of text box.

Looks like this:

Screenshot_20210103-014816.jpg

Guys wow.  Lol.   Not killing myself.  Jeez.  Just want to erase all mention of me and the coin.   When it hits $288k per coin you’ll start knowing why people go invisible.   I’ll probably move before then.   

26 minutes ago, Barms said:

Does buying a home via an LLC really make your last name on home address not available via Google search/tax records etc?  Or is finding the owners name of an LLC pretty simple?

https://www.njportal.com/DOR/BusinessNameSearch

This market volatility is a trader's dream.  Very easy to make money right now.  Opponents are far less sophisticated than in more mature markets.

Don't forget to take some profits now and then, especially if you are buying and selling from one coin to another.  You are going to owe tax on those transactions.

Ethereum and bitcoin (and oil and nat gas) are where people should have their money right  now

On 1/3/2021 at 8:29 AM, Barms said:

Guys wow.  Lol.   Not killing myself.  Jeez.  Just want to erase all mention of me and the coin.   When it hits $288k per coin you’ll start knowing why people go invisible.   I’ll probably move before then.   

yup...we're just kidding with you

just wait till the accessibility of it all becomes more mainstream and now pp is allowing btc and eth...game changers for the long term

On 4/18/2019 at 10:59 PM, Barms said:

Probably too soon for this.   (Can’t tell If I posted the quote right on my phone it was capt 14k telling me I was wrong). But for all my haters.   One of the great things that can come from a “bubble”. Is that it can attract those who would not have known about it if not for the bubble.   If you were accumulating under $5k you’re feeling pretty good right now.  If you sold, you should never have bought. (Options that never expire should never be sold.).  I will say this again.  The assymetrical outcome of this thing is warranted the risk.  100% down and 10,000% up.    

One thing I have “matured” over the past year in arguing about this thing is I’m just gonna admit it’s a Ponzi scheme.   Fine I’ve said it.  It’s a Ponzi scheme.  That way we don’t have to argue about it anymore.   “I have a small portion of my portfolio in Ponzi schemes and bubbles,  because frankly the outcomes can be pretty huge”

my Ponzi scheme prediction for 2021 price is $50,000.  (This is based on a stock-to-flow analysis that has a 90% R^2 when backtesting gold and silver too.  DM me if you want that study)

Whats more important?  “The truth”  or assymetrical outcomes?   (And save me the lottery ticket outcome argument.  It’s not the same thing).

Long Ponzi. Short monetary policy.

im at peace with the vocal non believers now because I’m with you it’s a farce, it’s fake, it’s a Ponzi, there is no need for a digital global currency.  I’m in it strictly for the greed now.   :-)    3 cheers for global monetary non censorship non inflationary Ponzi scheme!

This aged well..  holy cow, cannot believe that was two years ago..      BTW..  the new model base case ponzi scheme is $100k.

• Haha 1

Here's an article from someone who's been in on Bitcoin since 2013. Or as the title refers to it Magic Internet Money.

I thought the most interesting aspect was that the author moved to Chelan County WA to be near the Grand Coulee dam, where electricity cost $.03/KWH. That was to save electric costs on his Bitcoin mining server farm operation. Now that's commitment!

But there's a lot of history on the evolution of Bitcoin since 2008.