Barms

Bitcoin...

11 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Which Crypto do you guys recommend?  How much to start out with? 5K?

There are literally hundreds of different crypto coins.  Probably best to stick with the most popular.

You can open an account for probably as little as $50.  I wouldn't "invest" more than you are willing to loose.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Which Crypto do you guys recommend?  How much to start out with? 5K?

When it comes to crypto,  ethereaum,  bitcoin, and light coin are like the blue chip stocks. Doge coin is a little more risky but has more upside. 

I have my money in bitcoin and ethereum.  As with anything,  invest what you're willing to lose. Right now crypto has been hot ,who knows how long that lasts. 

• Thanks 1

BTC and ETH--- NOT BITCOIN CASH or other BS ----------I suggest are must haves before anything else, then go from there. Example ADA cardano and DOT and LINK afterwards. If you want to take a chance after that look at vechain etc. All the ones I mentioned have working projects etc. NOT A financial advisor just been in the game since 2017 if you need to chat 732-841-2472

If you're not investing in crypto you're doing it wrong. Bitcoin and ethereum among the best. Look at the growth of those two alone over 10 years. 

They are becoming widely accepted.  They're used by PayPal, venmo,  etc.  It will certainly be part of the future.

• Agree 1

Still, to me crypto has no substance and no value other that some people telling me: Crypto is the future!, the day crypto falls 'investors' will end up with nothing, as opposed to say investing in real estate (or any other tangible object market) if the bubble burst at least you might end up owning some run-down houses or an empty lot but at least is something, precious metals and other tangibles will never go away.

My 2 cents

These days, most anything financial can go belly up except for the government (sofar) or things approved and backed by the government.  Things NOT liked by the government may take a hit, but that would be many more things other than cryptocurrency.

With that in mind, invest accordingly.

On 10/9/2021 at 11:42 AM, NJ_Dude said:

Still, to me crypto has no substance and no value other that some people telling me: Crypto is the future!, the day crypto falls 'investors' will end up with nothing, as opposed to say investing in real estate (or any other tangible object market) if the bubble burst at least you might end up owning some run-down houses or an empty lot but at least is something, precious metals and other tangibles will never go away.

My 2 cents

Most currencies have no real "substance" or "value".  They aren't backed by anything except the promise of the issueing country that they are indeed worth something.  The government of the issuing country controls the amount and relative worth of thee currency by printing more of it or taking it out of circulation.  The main allure of bitcoin / crypto is it takes that control out of the government's hand (unless it is outright banned by a country).  It also levels the worth of different currencies.  One bitcoin is worth one bitcoin no matter what country you are buying or selling something in.

I wouldn't by any means put a large chunk of my networth in it.  But then I wouldn't but a large chunk of my networth in one investment ever.  

if the bubble does burst in crypto, there will still be millions and millions of people who made money.  For every buyer there has to be a seller.  If you buy some and it doubles or triples and you sell the amount you orginally invested and let the rest "ride" then you wouldn't have lost anything at all.

It's not for everyone.  It is HIGHLY speculative.  But as others have pointed out, we are already at the point that you can complete transactions for a variety of different products and services in bitcoint / crypto.  It's no longer the future.  It's here.  It's happending NOW.  It's just a matter of if governments allow it to conitnue and compete with their fiat currencies and if it's popularity and use continues to be adopted by more and more users.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Correct i don't believe a crypto like bitcoin will replace the countries currency like the dollar etc. I will work along side it. Example el Salvador make bitcoin a legal currency along side its money not replacing it. Wall Street companies are placing billion dollar bets on bitcoin. Im sure those guys wouldn't invest a dime if they knew its got no staying power. Those guys know the inside baseball more than we ever will. Who knows but crypto is liquid enough to place a sell order in a millisecond if u ever need to get out back into fiat. Bitcoin is now 11 years old. If it had to go im sure it would be gone by now. Who knows but just casually keep an eye out you will see bitcoin atms and wall st adoption. I spend 100 dollars out on a good night easy. 100 into bitcoin certainly is worth the risk to me. But live n let live I say.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 70gto said:

Who knows but just casually keep an eye out you will see bitcoin atms and wall st adoption. I spend 100 dollars out on a good night easy. 100 into bitcoin certainly is worth the risk to me. But live n let live I say.

You mean like these Bitcoin ATMS?  I'm sure there are more but those are first two that came up for "bitcoin ATM New Jersey".

https://bitcoindepot.com/#find-atm

https://bitcoindepot.com/

The Single State of the Earth already has plans of going after it as soon as they lock in the $600  1 cent money movement circumspection and establish their own electronic bartering system.  

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

The Single State of the Earth already has plans of going after it as soon as they lock in the $600  1 cent money movement circumspection and establish their own electronic bartering system.  

This is totally out of control. Regardless of what u choose to have or invest in. Who in their right mind would vote or approve that should be voted out of office. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

So how secure are all these blockchain crypto currencies anyway? This looks much bigger than bank robbery to me.

Crypto scammers took a record $14 billion in 2021: Chainalysis (cnbc.com)

Seems like most of the "scams" involved rug pulls which is no different then a pump and dump in the stock market.  If you invest in ridiculous coins you can almost expect that.  Alot of people were chasing the next doge coin.

As far as security goes, if you're using legitimate platforms your money is pretty well protected and in some cases insured

Also the percentages are even expected. The increase in people that used or invested in crypto increased almost 200 percent.

On 10/15/2021 at 2:19 PM, Cheflife15 said:

Bitcoin looks like it might hit a new all time high soon! Don't want to jynx it but I think it keeps going up.  

Oh snap... did you sell yet??

...."Bitcoin dropped to a three-month low late Friday amid jitters over U.S. monetary policy tightening and an internet shutdown in Kazakhstan, the world’s second-biggest bitcoin mining hub.

The price of bitcoin fell below the $41,000 mark to $40,749.90 just after 10:50 a.m. ET Friday, reaching its lowest level since Sept. 29, according to data from Coin Metrics. It was last trading down 2.9% at a price of $41,947.75.

The world’s largest cryptocurrency began falling earlier this week after the minutes from the Federal Reserve’s December meeting hinted the U.S. central bank would dial back its pandemic-era stimulus.

The hawkish comments triggered a sell-off in global stock markets which spilled over into cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin bulls often describe it as an asset that is uncorrelated to traditional financial markets, however experts have noticed growing parallels in the price movements of bitcoin and stocks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/07/crypto-bitcoin-btc-price-slumps-to-3-month-low.html?&qsearchterm=cryptocurrency

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Oh snap... did you sell yet??

...."Bitcoin dropped to a three-month low late Friday amid jitters over U.S. monetary policy tightening and an internet shutdown in Kazakhstan, the world’s second-biggest bitcoin mining hub.

The price of bitcoin fell below the $41,000 mark to $40,749.90 just after 10:50 a.m. ET Friday, reaching its lowest level since Sept. 29, according to data from Coin Metrics. It was last trading down 2.9% at a price of $41,947.75.

The world’s largest cryptocurrency began falling earlier this week after the minutes from the Federal Reserve’s December meeting hinted the U.S. central bank would dial back its pandemic-era stimulus.

The hawkish comments triggered a sell-off in global stock markets which spilled over into cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin bulls often describe it as an asset that is uncorrelated to traditional financial markets, however experts have noticed growing parallels in the price movements of bitcoin and stocks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/07/crypto-bitcoin-btc-price-slumps-to-3-month-low.html?&qsearchterm=cryptocurrency

Nope. I took my initial investment out and I'm playing with profit. It dipped to 30k or so in June or July.

I'm slowly buying more crypto. Alot of world's most influential billionaires are supporting it. I'll pick up the bread crumbs.

• Like 1

Looks like some even more downward pressure. Back to levels it was at a year ago, after hitting a high in Nov. around 69,000.

....."The price of bitcoin fell at one point Monday to its lowest point since September, as rising rates continue leading investors to shed positions in risky, growth-oriented assets.

Bitcoin fell as much as 6% to touch a low of $39,771.91, according to Coin Metrics, but has since reclaimed some of its losses. It last traded about 4% lower at $40,758.90. Ether, the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, fell more than 6% to $2,979.82.

Declines across the cryptocurrency market follow a week of rough trading for equities, particularly momentum stocks. As the 10-year U.S. Treasury yield spiked to start 2022, investors have been rotating into more cyclical and value names.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/bitcoin-tumbles-below-40000-to-lowest-since-september-as-investors-dump-risky-assets.html

U.S. Fed exploring launching "digital dollar".  Looks like all the major crypto coins / currency are taking an 8-10% loss right now.  Bitcoin down almost 50% from highs back in November.

If you are a gambler, could be a good time to buy some soon.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-federal-reserve-is-taking-the-next-step-toward-possibly-launching-a-digital-dollar/ar-AASZ8Vk?ocid=uxbndlbing

• Informative 1