On 12/1/2017 at 9:13 PM, Ray Ray said:

YouTube is entertainment.  Yeager is entertainment.  He is actually a nice guy.  Now, there are other YouTube personalities who are total dicks but seem like O.K guys on screen.

I used to watch Yeager and then grew tired of him and unsubscribed. On the other hand in the last few days I have seen a couple of video's supporting him and saying in person he is real nice guy (funny he sounds like a rougher Trump). Take a look at SkinnyMedic's and Sootch00's video;s about him.

Sootch00

SkinnyMedic

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NJGF said:

I used to watch Yeager and then grew tired of him and unsubscribed. On the other hand in the last few days I have seen a couple of video's supporting him and saying in person he is real nice guy (funny he sounds like a rougher Trump). 

I'm not going to mention who on YouTube is naughty and nice, but Mr Yeager is actually a good guy.  A total gentlemen and very polite. 

• Like 1

I say just watch everything you can and take from it what you feel is right for you.You usually can tell within the first few minutes of the video haha.I've been lucky enough to have training from some great instructors.Larry Vickers,Clint Smith at Thunder Ranch,and  a few trips to the old Blackwater to name a few.I feel that my mindset is a combination of all of my classes.So I've taken a little from here,a little from there.For example Clint Smith teaches in a more defensive posture as to where the Blackwater classes were a little more aggressive.Vickers was somewhere in the middle.I'm not a Yeagar fan but no matter the instructor yoou might be able to take a little piece you can use.Stay safe folks.

IMO YouTube videos are good for reference and entertainment, but I agree with the folks who say that they're no substitute for actually going out and getting live instruction.

I think that extends to any other sport or hobby as well. 

• Like 1

I agree there.One of the biggest surprises for me was no light,low light situations.Most classes don't address that because there aren't too many ranges that let you do that sort of thing.No video is a replacement for that situation.The bad thing I find now is that many of the popular instructors are only doing 2 day classes.Having been to 2,3,and 5 day classes I found that it takes a day or day and a half just to get the new skill sets worked out.That being said 2 days is still better then no days.

3 hours ago, winmag45 said:

One of the biggest surprises for me was no light,low light situations.Most classes don't address that because there aren't too many ranges that let you do that sort of thing.No video is a replacement for that situation.

You can gain experience shooting in low/no - light situations by shooting IDPA. A number of clubs will have low/no - light stages as part of their regular matches. Phillipsburg has them fairly often. Somerset has them occasionally. Guthsville tried one stage last year. One club I shoot at (Blue Ridge Cherry Valley) has a whole match after dark, outside.

Adios,

Pizza Bob