BlueLineFish

Shotgun replacement sight

I run a Hi-Viz tricomp front sight on my 1301 comp, and I like it.  Do you subject your shotgun to hard use?  I use mine for 3-gun and throwing it into dump buckets will sometimes knock it out of line but you just turn it back with your fingers.  That's my only gripe.  It comes with multiple sizes and shapes (you aren't limited to triangle) of fibers and screws for all common makes.

https://www.amazon.com/Hi-Viz-Tricomp-Sight-Fundamental-Concepts/dp/B000AU2MFQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1512241680&sr=1-1&keywords=hi+viz+tricomp

I had a fiber optic front sight on my double defense shotgun that broke when I hit it against a door jam.  Although I love sights that glow, the reality is is that those vials can and do fall out.   Have you thought about XS-big dots?

15 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I had a fiber optic front sight on my double defense shotgun that broke when I hit it against a door jam.  Although I love sights that glow, the reality is is that those vials can and do fall out.   Have you thought about XS-big dots?

my 870 had factory xs sights. the front was mounted dovetail. it fell off. never found it. can't get the dot like came on it, which sucks.

Replaced  mine with High Viz, or use the magnetic ones (I carry a set for occasions just like hat happened to you).  Big improvement.  One model has multiple replacements, some just plain white.  

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

my 870 had factory xs sights. the front was mounted dovetail. it fell off. never found it. can't get the dot like came on it, which sucks.

The good ole brass bead is hard to beat

• Like 1

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1005801823/champion-easy-hit-shotgun-fiber-optic-front-sight-25mm-green-5

This is what I put on mine. There’s different sizes and colors to choose from. I like it, but In all fairness I still suck at clays so my opinion may not mean much.