Sign in to follow this  
BobA

Cabelas

3 minutes ago, BobA said:

$I have Cabelas points to burn.  Can I walk out with a long gun in the Cabelas PA?  Or will they insist on the FFL thing to my home sate?

Yes!  For now, after 1/16/18 who knows. As long as legal in NJ.  Delaware store, no sales tax, PA 6%

Alright. This is all good stuff. I’m going out to the gun show in Allentown tomorrow and I think I’ll shoot out to get a shotgun. I’ve got $145.00 in points to use before 1/16. And I have zero faith that NJSP will come across with my P2Ps in time. 

17 minutes ago, BobA said:

Alright. This is all good stuff. I’m going out to the gun show in Allentown tomorrow and I think I’ll shoot out to get a shotgun. I’ve got $145.00 in points to use before 1/16. And I have zero faith that NJSP will come across with my P2Ps in time. 

Now handguns have to be instate... but longs interstate jus need an FFL.

I did not know de was that much cheaper! 

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Now handguns have to be instate... but longs interstate jus need an FFL.

I did not know de was that much cheaper! 

Yes.  I was hoping to burn the points on a pistol once the permits came through.  But plans change.  

DE doesn't have sales tax as well as cheaper.  But being all the way out in Allentown puts me only 30 mins from Hamburg.  Gas and tolls it works out better for tomorrow's big adventure.  

• Like 1

Well, 3 FFLs at the show and Cabelas said no yesterday to a Jersey sale of the shockwave. 
You can only buy a long gun from an out of state dealer. A shockwave does not have a stock, hence not a long gun.

On 12/2/2017 at 4:16 PM, BobA said:

You can pay for a handgun at cabelas with your points and have it sent to your FFL to hold till you get your permits. 

10 hours ago, PK90 said:
11 hours ago, BobA said:
Well, 3 FFLs at the show and Cabelas said no yesterday to a Jersey sale of the shockwave. 

You can only buy a long gun from an out of state dealer. A shockwave does not have a stock, hence not a long gun.

PK has it.  Sort of - one FFL gave me the paper work to read.  Depending on the interpretation (of course).  PA considers it so, but they claim NJ does not yet.  Either way no PA buy. 

9 hours ago, fishnut said:

You can pay for a handgun at cabelas with your points and have it sent to your FFL to hold till you get your permits. 

FFL fees and NICS fees (Cabelas and my FFL) make it counter productive.

I guess a trip to Oak Ridge in in order.