Zeke

Real or fake tree

Never had a fake tree in my house, never will! My wife wants one so as not to have the mess when it gets dry but I absolutely, completely, utterly, and vehemently oppose the idea. I told her she can have one when I am dead!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, checko said:

We just went to cut our own today. I much prefer live and even something not "perfect" . Makes it unique each year. 6cd7e24c2c02318ac45fd1599c7d664e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wait, You got two trees and they both look the same...........there goes the uniqueness!:lol:

We had real trees until a few years ago. We picked up a tree from a local farm. It ended up having a couple of Preying Mantis Egg sacks on it that incubated in warmth of our home, and resulted in a few hundred tiny Mantis running wild around our home...and of course they popped while I was at work, so my Father in Law had to run over to our home and drag the tree, decorations and all, to the curb. We collected what was left unbroken the next morning, and have been rocking a fake tree since.

Oh, and good luck  finding an inexpensive, but decent quality fake tree, a few days before Christmas...

Always had a fake tree growing up but once out on my own real was the way to go.

Cindy loved the real tree for a few years but then insisted we switch to a high quality pre-lighted 6 foot tree.

That lasted a few years an now we have a table top pre-lighted tree.

As posted before happy wife happy life.

fake. 28 yrs running the same one lol and its starting to show....30 yrs ago our first tree was real. too messy and didnt like tossin that money out for afew weeks of tree. 29 yrs ago hadthe romantic notion of getting a live tree and planting history every yr. what a pia!  having a big dirtball in the house, watering and digging in the half frozen ground....didnt think that thru too well. but the tree still lives and is 30-40 tall : ). after that went to Treasure Island and got the deeply discounted fake and here we are today. Past few yrs my wife has been pushing a new fake one but too much money and I hit her up with some nostalgic bs about all the memorys around this tree lol.