10X

Electric Fence?

Does anyone in northern NJ sell electric fence supplies?  Not the rabbit and woodchuck nuisance fencing that sometimes turns up at Home Depot or Lowes, I'm looking for electrified deer/bear fencing, which I've only found online.  

I went out today to wrap and/or fence the plantings I'm trying to get started as a privacy screen.   But everything in the privacy screen had once again been girdled by the deer, all bark gone, all the way around, from about 12" above the ground up to maybe 30".   Nothing is coming back from that.  The problem I have is that I live in a semi-isolated neighborhood of 6 houses on maybe 15 acres, with a resident herd of 12 does.  We're miles from the nearest place they can be hunted, far enough from the nearest real road that the cars aren't getting them, and there isn't nearly enough forage for them here, so they eat damn near everything.     I've replaced a row of arborvitae a couple of times, a few small trees twice, and even the holly gets eaten down to a stump every year.  This, despite everything being 'deer resistant', soaked in every manner of deer repellant, and fenced off or wrapped in burlap from fall through spring.  The deer just push down the temporary fencing, or chew through the burlap.  They genuinely seem to enjoy the taste of the deer repellants.

So I need to up my game.   You know the electric fence around the T-Rex paddock in Jurassic Park?   I need something like that; not necessarily that tall, but with more voltage.

Any suggestions?

24 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Or play chicken with your friends 

It's not that bad but you defiantly feel it. 

58 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Remember, don’t whiz on the electric fence. 

You won't get shocked