stuckinNJ

Action Alert: Please call your reps, even Dems, about this week’s vote on HR38 aka National CCW

1 minute ago, jackandjill said:

We have a D idiot here.. but sent it anyways.

Same. Unfortunately we lost Garrett and have to deal with Gottheimer now... 

although the real challenge will be the Senate. This bill will most likely clear the House.

im still gonna call menendez and Booker though...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeke said:

They are still our representatives....

Sorry cough just spit my coffee out.....  they are NOT our reps.  We r not i would imagine on the public some, 'victim's, live in the alums etc....  no they are surely NOT our reps brother.

Gottheimer will not respond at all....

Menendez the criminal at large and the Barack 2.0 will not ever support this and will laugh at your call

It doesn’t matter that your call won’t sway their vote. Every call/vote request gets logged and it helps the data to see more 2A support.

my close friend works for a rep and told me how the system works. Obviously a hardcore Dem won’t switch votes, but it helps nonetheless.

please take the few seconds to call or email.

• Like 1

Make sure you bring up black, single mother, Shaneen Allen . And how her life was destroyed because NJ does not have reciprocity with any state. This will fix that

For those of you constantly negative nay sayers. I only have to point to our @ 30% voter participation. So if you’re not going to call, please stop trying to dissuade others from doing so. Should I put suicide hotline on hold for you?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Nver mind .....one party conset.....

i know. :) on certain topics, i spend an unhealthy amount of time looking for rules/statutes/laws, lolol.

that was one of them.

3 hours ago, stuckinNJ said:

It doesn’t matter that your call won’t sway their vote. Every call/vote request gets logged and it helps the data to see more 2A support.

my close friend works for a rep and told me how the system works. Obviously a hardcore Dem won’t switch votes, but it helps nonetheless.

please take the few seconds to call or email.

how does this logging work? if we're calling the office of an anti, does he really have to turn those logs in? does he really keep them to begin with?

8 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Sorry cough just spit my coffee out.....  they are NOT our reps.  We r not i would imagine on the public some, 'victim's, live in the alums etc....  no they are surely NOT our reps brother.

Gottheimer will not respond at all....

Menendez the criminal at large and the Barack 2.0 will not ever support this and will laugh at your call

You should insist that Gottheimer support this "reasonable" legislation. They love that word when attempting to deny our rights, I'd advise repaying the favor. Plus, might as well occupy his time away from denying our rights.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

how does this logging work? if we're calling the office of an anti, does he really have to turn those logs in? does he really keep them to begin with?

It just shows that this is an issue that matters to their constituency. It’s better than showing nothing at all. Especially in NJ-05 where gottheimer only won by a few thousand votes!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

While contacting Democrats may be futile it's good to let them know we're out there.

We should definitely contact Booker and Menendez when it hits the Senate, but I agree that if your in a district with a Demorat, let them hear you. Eat up their resources to tell you that they'll "carefully consider your opinion" or whatever crap they feed constituents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

and encourage friends to call too. even if they don't own firearms. just don't tell anyone that they don't own......

You don't have to affected by it to be for or against legislation. You just have to have an interest in the direction of the country.

7 hours ago, stuckinNJ said:

Update: the vote is scheduled for this Wednesday, December 6th.

Call call call

and then get ready to call again once it goes to the Senate 

Do you have a link by chance? I'd like to spread the word. 

Bill as amended: H.R. 38

NRA news brief:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171201/us-house-of-representatives-to-vote-on-hr-38-the-concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-next-week

It looks like it passed out of committee, but govtrack.us has this listed for Dec 5th:

"Considered by House Committee on Rules A committee held a hearing or business meeting about the bill.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr38

Not quite sure if it's referred to another committee or to the floor for a full vote. Any insight would be appreciated.

37 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Bill as amended: H.R. 38

NRA news brief:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171201/us-house-of-representatives-to-vote-on-hr-38-the-concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-next-week

It looks like it passed out of committee, but govtrack.us has this listed for Dec 5th:

"Considered by House Committee on Rules A committee held a hearing or business meeting about the bill.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr38

Not quite sure if it's referred to another committee or to the floor for a full vote. Any insight would be appreciated.

@Mrs. Peel

rest easy. if this goes through, we're in like flint.

• Like 2