stuckinNJ

Action Alert: Please call your reps, even Dems, about this week’s vote on HR38 aka National CCW

31 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

@Mrs. Peel

rest easy. if this goes through, we're in like flint.

Jus got off phone with Norcross office.  Explained we need it for Shaneen! 

For those of you you looking for your reps contact.

https://www.house.gov/

calls get logged. Written letters demand response by law. Emails... meh

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

@Mrs. Peel

rest easy. if this goes through, we're in like flint.

It will pass, but the (D)s and a few questionable (R)s are trying to attach another bill to it, HR 4477. Congressman Thomas Massie is calling it a way to deny more people their rights. I read through the bill, but I'm missing where that is happening, aside from federal agencies being required to report felony and domestic violence convictions. Additionally, at the end of the house version (there is a nearly identical companion bill in the senate) there is a paragraph about conducting a study on crimes committed with a bump stock. It's probably going to be a short list, but at least they can claim due diligence was done before calling for a ban. 

My concern would be that after this, as is always the case with progressives, it won't be enough. Next stop on the gun control train will be calling for an end to private sales without a background check. 

• Like 1

From Josh-

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding regulation of firearm ownership. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

The overwhelming majority of gun owners are law-abiding and responsible, and I will fight efforts to repeal their Second Amendment rights. Additionally, I believe that we can agree that violent criminals and terrorists have no legal standing to purchase assault weapons and threaten our children. That is whywe should enforce existing laws and look for ways to strengthen programs that work, such as the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. Finally, no effort is complete without significantly improving mental health services.

As ISIS and lone wolf terrorists attempt to infiltrate the United States and attack our homeland, Congress should close a loophole that allows terror suspects to legally purchase AR-15s and other deadly assault weapons. This commonsense measure is supported by a majority of gun owners and should not be caught up in partisan gridlock. Rather, it is one way that Congress can secure our homeland while protecting the rights of law-abiding citizens and hunters.

Thank you again for contacting my office about your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me with any additional questions or comments. If you would like to receive regular updates from me on these and other issues, please visit gottheimer.house.gov/forms/emailsignup/ to sign up for my e-newsletter.

Response -

Dear Josh -

While I appreciate your zeal to protect us from terrorists - the most logical and comment sense conclusion, then is for you to throw your full weight and consideration behind the concealed carry reciprocity act.  I look forward to seeing you signing onto it for the good of the American people and NJ residents.

But let me provide you a quick clarification - the AR15 is not an assault weapon and frankly the most prevalent and common use rifle in the United States today - far from a weapon of war as the M4 and 16 fully automatic variants.  

It is truly the modern musket and in keeping with your proclivity for providing for common sense safety and security of your constituents, I continue to look forward then to your protecting the rights for law abiding citizens to choose common use firearms for self defense 

Yours in freedom,
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

We should definitely contact Booker and Menendez when it hits the Senate, but I agree that if your in a district with a Demorat, let them hear you. Eat up their resources to tell you that they'll "carefully consider your opinion" or whatever crap they feed constituents.

You have a link to their numbers?

Is anyone else in the 7th District? Rep Leonard Lance?

It encompasses I believe Hunterdon, parts of Somerset... I have not called Lance yet, because just today I noticed an email that came in a few days ago saying that he's having a live telephone townhall TONIGHT at 5:30.

I'm going to make time to dial in --- with reciprocity looming, I want to make sure it doesn't get hijacked by the shrieking "Bloomsberg Moms" (heaven forbid).  If it does, I will certainly try to speak up. Even though it seems he's largely pro-2A, I think it would be good to have a good showing of pro-2A 7th District constituents on the call. Info below: 

You're invited! Monday, December 4 for a telephone townhall with Rep. Leonard Lance

December 1, 2017

Dear Friend,  

I will be hosting a live telephone townhall from my desk in Washington, DC for constituents living in New Jersey's 7th Congressional District on Monday, December 4 at 5:30pm. 

During the call I will take questions and share my views on issues like tax reform, immigration and health care.  

This is a great opportunity to join the conversation and share your thoughts about today's biggest issues facing New Jersey and the Nation.

Here's the information you need to join the call at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, December 4: 

Dial-In Phone Number: (908) 977-1113

Listen From Your Computer: listen.cmsteleconference.com PIN: 395245

You can contact my Westfield District Office at 908-518-7733 if you have any questions about next week's telephone townhall meeting.

I hope you will join me on Monday, December 4 beginning at 5:30pm.

Best personal wishes, 
LLsig.jpg
Leonard Lance

Will you be participating in Monday's telephone townhall meeting?

( )

Yes.

( )

No, but I would like to be contacted about future townhall meetings.

( )

No.

( )

I don't know.

[Submit]

Click to open in a separate window

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

It will pass, but the (D)s and a few questionable (R)s are trying to attach another bill to it, HR 4477. Congressman Thomas Massie is calling it a way to deny more people their rights. I read through the bill, but I'm missing where that is happening, aside from federal agencies being required to report felony and domestic violence convictions. Additionally, at the end of the house version (there is a nearly identical companion bill in the senate) there is a paragraph about conducting a study on crimes committed with a bump stock. It's probably going to be a short list, but at least they can claim due diligence was done before calling for a ban. 

My concern would be that after this, as is always the case with progressives, it won't be enough. Next stop on the gun control train will be calling for an end to private sales without a background check. 

or they'll just add that on to the tail of this one........

21 hours ago, Zeke said:

Cmon bro! Wear pink!

a friend of mine gave me a pink holster for moms pistol. she hated pink. till i gave her that pink holster.
:)

21 hours ago, Zeke said:

Cmon bro! Wear pink!

a friend of mine gave me a pink holster for moms pistol. she hated pink. till i gave her that pink holster.
:)

3 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I’m with you on this. Makes every federal agency accountable for reporting. I don’t see any loophole or back door.

Frustrating! I just spent an hour on the phone "in the queue" to ask a question on Congressman Lance's telephone town hall meeting - but the meeting ended before I got up to bat. NO ONE mentioned National Reciprocity btw - hey, maybe that's a good thing? I would have expected a shrieking mom (or 2) on the call, but nada. (BTW, the vast majority of questions were concerns about tax reform - and how SALT and a few other proposed changes might whack people in this high cost state). 

Oh, well... I tried! But, as it turns out I'll have to call his DC office tomorrow morning anyway. :wacko:

• Like 4

I suggest you read this. Breitbart is not the only report out there about stashing the NICS 'improvements' in with reciprocity.

So, an agency can decide on its own that you're not worthy of buying a firearm? Without judicial review?

3 hours ago, stuckinNJ said:

Ya this is a Federal bill, so call you House Rep.

when it gets sent to the senate, we should all call Booker/Menendez 

i'm starting to feel dumber and dumber.

so i don't have to call that asshammer norcross then, as he's 1st district? i'm in 4th district, which is chris smith...whom i know nothing about, but at least he's got an r after his name.

or do we call em all?

16 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I suggest you read this. Breitbart is not the only report out there about stashing the NICS 'improvements' in with reciprocity.

So, an agency can decide on its own that you're not worthy of buying a firearm? Without judicial review?

I've posted Massie's facebook post on another thread. The problem is that folks are only seeing the shinning spinner -the promises of cc- and missing the big hook. And when the hook gets pointed out, it gets dismissed.

We shall get what we deserve. 

26 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i'm starting to feel dumber and dumber.

so i don't have to call that asshammer norcross then, as he's 1st district? i'm in 4th district, which is chris smith...whom i know nothing about, but at least he's got an r after his name.

or do we call em all?

You only really need to to call the federal representative for your district. There’s nothing stopping you from calling a rep from a different district, just say you live there when they ask you so your call gets logged ;)

8 hours ago, WP22 said:

I've posted Massie's facebook post on another thread. The problem is that folks are only seeing the shinning spinner -the promises of cc- and missing the big hook. And when the hook gets pointed out, it gets dismissed.

We shall get what we deserve. 

Thanks. Yes I saw that after I posted this. I hadn't been following that thread. I'll leave it here for anyone else that is unaware.

Being discussed right now - https://www.c-span.org/video/?438152-1/rules-takes-concealed-carry-gun&live

Lots of false statements by Dems (shocked face).

Lib heads be 'sploding :)

If this passes, I hope that someone plans to sue NJ, when people from constitutional carry states can carry in NJ and NJ residents cannot, for unconstitutionally preventing equal justice under law.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Being discussed right now - https://www.c-span.org/video/?438152-1/rules-takes-concealed-carry-gun&live

Lots of false statements by Dems (shocked face).

Lib heads be 'sploding :)

If this passes, I hope that someone plans to sue NJ, when people from constitutional carry states can carry in NJ and NJ residents cannot, for unconstitutionally preventing equal justice under law.

And this is why they tacked on 4477.

Called Booker and Menendez’s offices today, will do it again tomorrow.

”I urge you to vote in favor of the National Concealed Carry Reciprocity legislation which will end New Jersey’s long, infamous and unconstitutional suppression of its citizens civil right to carry firearms for self defense.”

I’m sure they’ll sneer at my request individually, but maybe there will be enough of us that they notice the numbers.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Called Booker and Menendez’s offices today, will do it again tomorrow.

”I urge you to vote in favor of the National Concealed Carry Reciprocity legislation which will end New Jersey’s long, infamous and unconstitutional suppression of its citizens civil right to carry firearms for self defense.”

I’m sure they’ll sneer at my request individually, but maybe there will be enough of us that they notice the numbers.

Need to bring up Shaneen

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Need to bring up Shaneen

When I spoke to Congressman Lance's aide this morning --- I made that case a major point. I was only on a few minutes...but I said not only did I want Lance to vote for reciprocity - but I was urging him to speak out forcefully on the issue. Because particularly as a representative from NJ, where we've seen so many egregious cases of prosecutorial overreach (like Shaneen Allen's), it's only appropriate that he brings those cases to the forefront... as good examples of WHY this legislation is so desperately needed.

I also made it clear that I was expecting Lance and other republicans not to crumble in the face of what was likely to be tremendous pressure from the well-funded gun control groups. The aide was very polite and appeared to listen closely, but he didn't really "telegraph" anything either. So, eh! Who knows? But, at least I tried!

Actually, I think it was the first time in my life I ever called a "federal-level" rep. I feel inspired (LOL). Who knows? I might make an appointment at his office in Flemington too sometime soon. I'm his constituent, after all... why shouldn't I? Maybe this is something gun owners should do regularly? Squeaky wheel and all that... (and good for those of you who already do this).

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

When I spoke to Congressman Lance's aide this morning --- I made that case a major point. I was only on a few minutes...but I said not only did I want Lance to vote for reciprocity - but I was urging him to speak out forcefully on the issue. Because particularly as a representative from NJ, where we've seen so many egregious cases of prosecutorial overreach (like Shaneen Allen's), it's only appropriate that he brings those cases to the forefront... as good examples of WHY this legislation is so desperately needed.

I also made it clear that I was expecting Lance and other republications not to crumble in the face of what was likely to be tremendous pressure from the well-funded gun control groups. The aide was very polite and appeared to listen closely, but he didn't really "telegraph" anything either. So, eh! Who knows? But, at least I tried!

Actually, I think it was the first time in my life I ever called a "federal-level" rep. I feel inspired (LOL). Who knows? I might make an appointment at his office in Flemington too sometime soon. I'm his constituent, after all... why shouldn't I? Maybe this is something gun owners should do regularly? Squeaky wheel and all that... (and good for those of you who already do this).

Muscle! Woman!

Peel power! Look out!