Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
124gr9mm

Midsouth Shooters free hazmat with $150 powder order until 1/17

8 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

Anyone try to the Clean Shot?

On the website they compare it to Winchester 231 and Titegroup.

I've not tried it; I confess, I hadn't heard of it until your post.

I checked the website, and they do compare it to 231 and TightGroup.  I find that confusing, as those two powders have significantly different burn rates.

I just went to the website and added 2 ponds of the powder and went to checkout:

Shooters World Clean Shot Smok Shooters World Clean Shot Smok eless Powder 1 Lb By Lovex
Item: 130-CLEANSHOT1  
In Stock
2 $19.73 $39.46

Subtotal $39.46

Tax $0.00

UPS GROUND   Est. Shipping $9.72

Insurance $0.00

Hazard Fee: $0.00

Order Total $49.18

I didn't buy it, but the Hazard fee was definitely not there.

I’ll pass. Really dont need 4 pounds of powder that I never heard of in order to save a few bucks. On the other hand, Brownells had a deal yesterday for free hazmat and shipping for an order of $150 or more. That is something I would go for if I needed more powder. That was yesterday though. 

On 12/14/2017 at 7:45 AM, BullzeyeNJ said:

I’ll pass. Really dont need 4 pounds of powder that I never heard of in order to save a few bucks. On the other hand, Brownells had a deal yesterday for free hazmat and shipping for an order of $150 or more. That is something I would go for if I needed more powder. That was yesterday though. 

Yeah, I was hoping someone would have some experience with the powder and let us know how it worked for them.  One or two ponds might be worth a gamble, but four pounds can be a lot if it doesn't perform well.

I figured I'd share just in case.