AlDente67

Why all the angst about pistol grips?

One common item in every "responsible gun ownership" bill, law, talking point is the banning of pistol grips on long guns.  I never understood how a foregrip turns a paperweight into a self-guided killing machine.  Can some enlighten me on the logic behind this?

12 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

One common item in every "responsible gun ownership" bill, law, talking point is the banning of pistol grips on long guns.  I never understood how a foregrip turns a paperweight into a self-guided killing machine.  Can some enlighten me on the logic behind this?

i think you're mixing 2 things they're after. the pistol grip is at the trigger group. the one at the foregrip is a verticle grip i think.

but.......i guess it might have something to do with how they(with their lack of actual knowledge?) perceive those items due to tv? since bad guys use em all the time in tv?

• Like 1

That's absolutely it.  Agenda driven people have filled the heads of politicians and other sheep to believe whatever they tell them.  Pistol grips make a gun deadlier.  Barrel shrouds are bad.  Ghost guns are an epidemic problem.  Thirty round clips allow someone to fire 600 rounds per second.  The people who are selling these "facts" to the people aren't concerned because the people they are targeting will likely never go and research it to find the actual truth.

Has nothing to do with old movies, politicians being sheep, or any of that nonsense.

The ultimate goal is the banning of all firearms, or at least, any firearm somewhat useful for self defense or insurgency, riots, etc.

The pistol grip is a common feature found on everything from the AR and AK to, well, pretty much every single firearm designed after WW2. 

By banning the pistol grip, or centering legislation around if a firearm has one or not, they're simultaneously attacking anything designed in the last 80 years, as well as saying "you can have a gun, just not that one". It puts these firearms into a separate category.

One of the worst mistakes in any kind of conflict is to underestimate and/or misunderstand your opponents. 

• Like 1

So the pistolgrip is the one behind the trigger?  I thought it was one up under the heat shield.

In that case, I have one shotgun what would pass the test.  All the rest would not.    But what about a pistol?  If it had no grip, it would recoil the barrel back in your face.  Like a blowgun with powerdered propelent.