Silence Dogood

S3477 - Bump stocks

Senate Law and Public Safety meets Monday 12/11/17 10:30 AM Committee Room 10 State House Annex

On the docket is S3477 banning bump stocks.   

Text - http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2016/Bills/S3500/3477_I1.PDF

Since they're already illegal in NJ they will be making them double secret illegal.  Or something.

More to come ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

From what I understand, it was just an NJSP edict that made them illegal up to this point.

The asshats in Trenton want to preserve that in statute now.

Fuggem all.

that and the evil features game.  looks like they're doing triple secret illegal on the bumps lol. funny thing is I'll bet most of the legislative bufoons dont even know of the redundancy. 

2 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

From what I understand, it was just an NJSP edict that made them illegal up to this point.

The asshats in Trenton want to preserve that in statute now.

Fuggem all.

which means that they were in fact not illegal.

7 minutes ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

Open carry your Wang in public and you’ll be arrested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the Wang in that situation would not be "manifestly appropriate" :-)

NJ 2C:39(d)

d.Other weapons. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any other weapon under circumstances not manifestly appropriate for such lawful uses as it may have is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

8 minutes ago, Zeke said:

No, cause they are stupid! I shoot like a ninja mall sniper!

Period! Ask @GRIZ

and Pm @Displaced Texan

Uhhhhhhh, sure. Whatever makes you sleep at night! :B:):

12 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Does anyone other than the south Jersey hillbillies even have one of these so called bump stocks?

And I resent being called a ‘hillbilly’. No bbq for you. 

• Like 1

Up until now, the stock was not legal when installed on a Semi-Auto rifle because

it was (technically) a telescopic stock, which is banned as an Evil Feature on a S.A.

wit ha pistol grip.

The New legislation is going to make it illegal to own one even if it is not on a rifle.

I am assuming the mear possession of one will be some sort of heinous crime.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

but it's not telescopit. it moves an inch. or it doesn't move. but it doesn't telescope.

John, As stupid as it is, the stock moves in / out and it is technically "Telescopic"

You're thinking in the vein of a stock the is adjustable, (multiple positions) but ANY stock

that moves in / out can be ruled as telescopic..............:facepalm:

• Like 1

Here is who buys this "stock".  A 19 year old kid in 'murica who takes said stock, his budget AR, 3 friends, one chick (there's always one) and a case of Tula 223 from Wal-Mart into the local community shooting pit.  They only shoot it one time because the gun jams due to the gun AND the stock AND the shitty ammo.   They reinstall the regular stock and throw the "bump stock" in the closet.

Done

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i think most of us here could care less about them. but...the point is if they get away with banning this item.....then what's next?

oh yea. pistol grips. muzzle brakes. box magazines. etc

You know dam well these Fucktards will stop at nothing till they get a total ban.

• Like 1

Used my friend’s in PA. Say what you want, but bump stocks are dang fun.

Right now, it is only legal to have a bump stock in NJ if you don’t have a compatible rifle. Constructive intent and all. 

After this bill passes, you could beat someone silly and steal their money and get less time when compared to getting caught possessing a bump stock.