CNJFO's Annual Hog Hunt is always a great time!  Here's the Details:

What:  An ANY WEAPON Hog Hunt with NO LICENSE required!  Just $400 per Hog!

When:  Sunday January 28th, 7:45 am. 

Where:  150 acre island in middle of the Susquehanna River, off Bainbridge, PA (near Harrisburg).

Who:  This Hunt is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, so CNJFO membership is NOT required.  Age 10 & up (with parental supervision)!

Why:  This is our Winter Fundraiser to FIGHT BAD GUN LAWS!  

How:  Pay a $200 deposit HERE:  http://www.cnjfo.com/event-2746575  to confirm your registration and your $200 balance is broken-up into (2) additional payments of just $100 each (total per animal is just $400)!  We invoice you to bill your credit card.  Or you may pay in-full at time of booking with a credit card or paper check mailed to our PO Box 768, Sewell, NJ  08080.

We will also be holding a raffle on the island featuring all sorts of great prizes including firearms instruction, ammo, range passes, CNJFO membership, CNJFO apparel, shooting accessories, and a ton of other useful prizes.  If someone here has a prize to donate, just contact us to do so!  Gun For Hire Goody Bags are given complimentary to each Hunter!

For those that wish to do a little more than merely "Shoot & Scoot" on a Sunday, we have a pre-Hunt Saturday filled with enough to do to make it worthwhile to bring a spouse or significant other along for the weekend!  In addition to a self-guided tour of Lancaster County countryside, also available on Saturday the 27th is a Winery Tour & Tasting of Nissley Wines in Bainbridge, PA!  Full range Winery from sweet to dry, priced right!  Split a case with a friend or take a case home for yourself!  http://www.nissleywine.com  .

Saturday night we go to Dinner at Bube's Brewery in Mount Joy, PA.  It's on the National Historic Register & they conduct a tour on the way to your seat!  We go to the Catacombs Restaurant, which is the storage area where kegs of beer were kept cold 30 feet underground as far back as the 1800's!  Full range menu, all popular brands of beer and their own award-winning creations.  Full bar for those so inclined.  http://www.bubesbrewery.com/restaurants/catacombs/  .

We stay at a Mount Joy, PA B&B that is GUN FRIENDLY (Rosey wears his brace of Colt Cap & Ball revolvers to Breakfast!), and costs LESS than the local Holiday Inn Express!  Doris's hearty home-cooked breakfast is served to us EARLY so we can drive the short 12-15 minutes to the Boat Ramp for the Hunt!  Here's the web site:  http://www.thevictorianrosebandb.com .  Bube's Brewery is just a short 4 block walk from the B&B!

You can butcher yourself (all animals will be field-dressed by the professional guide service, please TIP THEM) OR do what most do and transport your hog to V. Roche & Sons in Whitehouse Station, NJ.  Chic Roche is a master butcher, and a CNJFO sponsor.  No deposit is required.  In 2-3 weeks you'll get a call to come pick up your fully-processed hog.  YOU get to pick what you want done (we all LOVE his thick-cut BACON) with your animal.  Prices vary $225- $275 depending upon hanging weight after skinning and how much smoked pork products you desire.  Some of us get both smoked & fresh chops and hams.  

So please consider joining us as we travel to Bainbridge, PA to harvest some of Pennsylvania's best hogs & have some great camaraderie doing it!

Thanks for reading!

Dave "Rosey" Rosenthal, VP

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

So, for two to three times the cost of a fully dressed pig from a butcher, we get the privilege of killing a destructive species for just just $400 a hog.  Thanks, I'll pass.

And some folks here wonder why almost ALL 2A groups tend to not bother with this forum??  LOL, maybe THIS^^^ is why??

FYI these hogs run 250-300 pounds prior to field dressing & skinning.  So your numbers are WAY OFF.  But no matter.  So congratulations on your "put-down" opinion.  I guess your Mama never told ya about "iffin' you got nuthin' good to say, to keep yer YAP SHUT"??

• Like 4

UPDATE:  The Hunt is already half sold-out!  We still have slots available!

If anyone from here booked it, thank you kindly for recognizing a value & for your continued support of our mission!

Rosey

Sorry man, but paying $400 to kill a destructive animal that is costing farmers thousands every year, and only getting worse, is like the exterminator paying me to come and kill vermin in my home.  My mama (rest her soul) taught me that a fool and his money are easily parted and she didn't raise a fool.

EDIT:  I just noticed that this is a fundraiser, so, okay, maybe I jumped the gun a little.  I have participated in discussions on national forums about the problem of wild boar.  These bastards need to become extinct, like yesterday.

BUMP!  SOLD-OUT HOG HUNT NOW HAS WAIT LIST!

CNJFO's SOLD-OUT 1-28-18 HOG HUNT NOW HAS WAIT LIST!
HOG HUNTERS WINERY TOUR & DINNER NOW BEING PLANNED!
by Black Wire Media Saturday December 23, 2017 www.cnjfo.com

We've set-up a WAIT-LIST so any unforeseen vacancies can immediately accommodate a waiting Hunter: www.cnjfo.com/event-2746575 . We're putting together other social activities (pay as you go) for Saturday January 27th: A Wine Tour & Tasting at Nissley Winery on Saturday afternoon: www.nissleywine.com , followed by Dinner in The Catacombs Restaurant (1870's beer storage 43 ft underground) at Bube's Brewery in Mount Joy, PA. www.bubesbrewery.com/restaurants/catacombs/ . Overnight accommodations at The Victorian Rose B&B (just 5 blocks from the Brewery) can be had at reasonable rates: www.thevictorianrosebandb.com . (Saturday is optional & pay-as-you-go).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I wish I had seen this earlier. Will there be a hunt in the near future?

Chris, I'm thinking we might try one in April again?  Sorry you missed this notification.  It was also posted to + or - 50 Facebook group pages, so the slots went in 3 weeks flat!  Are you on Facebook & if so, what pages do you frequent?  I'd like to make sure that you don't miss our next Hunt!

You can always just send us a paper check for $400 to the PO Box.  That way you'll be the first in line for the next Hunt :)   Include your name, full address, email & phone number on a piece of paper stapled to the check.  We won't cash it unless we run an April Hunt, and we'll contact you first before we do so!  Here's the web site for address info:  http://www.cnjfo.com 

Rosey

2 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I need to join the FB page. I'd have to see if I can get the week. How much meat does a hog usually yield?

Yes, yes you do indeed need to like our Facebook page.  You & LOTS of others here...

The Hunt is near Harrisburg, PA, so it can be a "Shoot & Scoot" single-day affair.  It doesn't require a week.  As to the quantity of meat, if you're somewhat familiar with "banana boxes" at the grocery, I come home with approx. 2 1/2 banana boxes worth of wrapped & frozen labeled cuts of meat.  Hogs run between 250-300 pounds prior to field dressing, so you get enough to make the trip worthwhile for sure!

I wish I’d seen this.  I’d have had no issue making this donation and enjoying a day of hunting.  If I’m around next time count me.  Keep up the good work @Smokin .50 It’s a tough battle you’re fighting.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

I wish I’d seen this.  I’d have had no issue making this donation and enjoying a day of hunting.  If I’m around next time count me.  Keep up the good work @Smokin .50 It’s a tough battle you’re fighting.  

Same here, I've always wanted to shoot my own bacon and pork chops.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

Rob,

Thanks for the kudos & sorry you didn't see this thread until after it was over.  You are correct that you would have enjoyed it.  I used my black powder .50 caliber muzzleloader w/ a 370 gr. conical bullet for a head shot.  One & DONE!  After being rained-on for 4 hours (I put duct tape over the muzzle) I still had superior ignition!  Smoke hung in the air like Gettysburg, lol!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fishnut said:

There's not allot of people who hunt on this forum.

Maybe there should be a separate thread for 2A fund raisers? 

@Smokin .50 @Krdshrk

I think THAT^^^ is a nice idea!  Cause I do what I'm told & post Hunts to the Hunting sub-forum & the threads DIE!  Hunt after Hunt, the same result!  Except for Nick (who's a proud member & fellow mentor at Diversity Shoots like TONIGHT'S!) and less than a handful of others, NO ONE generally posts anything on the threads.  Hundreds of visits, but not a single post.  Maybe because I try to be very thorough with the 5-W's (Who, What, When, Where and Why) and type the link to get to our web page for the "How"?  The result is folks like yourselves always miss-out on the fun!  Meanwhile, on Facebook, we sell-out the entire island's worth of spots (15 Hunters) in 21 days flat!  The moral to the story is:  Those that don't follow our Facebook page do so AT THEIR OWN PERIL!  Like for instance, do any of you know about our upcoming afternoon Pheasant Hunt on St. Patrick's Day (March 17th)?  

I'd love to be able to post what we do in "General Firearms" forum instead of "Hunting".  

Rosey

• Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 1:44 PM, xXxplosive said:

Hog Hunt.....Sounded like a night at the bar in Philly....and Rosenthal, what are you doin' eatin' Swine anyway.

Philly has the Mummers so it ain't all bad!  And CHOP for sick kids too!

NEWSFLASH:  I'm NOT JEWISH!  I do however like me my corned beef & pastrami at Jerry & Harvey's Deli in Marlboro, as well as Lox & Bagels, so although I'm not "part of the tribe", from time-to-time I do eat like I am, lol!