The following letter was published at TTAG about how and when 1911s will be distributed by the CMP.   Notice it will be 5 months after receipt before the final pricing and such will be determined.  Who knows if NJ gun owners will even qualify by then.

The Truth About Guns
  •  

How to Buy a 1911 From the Civilian Marksmanship Program

BY ROBERT FARAGO |

DEC 05, 2017 

Civilian Marksmanship Program 1911 (courtesy grandthumbblog.com)

Mark Johnson, Chief Operating Officer of the Civilian Marksmanship Program writes:

To all CMP constituents: The CMP Board of Directors has discussed at length how the sales of 1911s would be handled, if the CMP were to ever receive them from the United States Army. Some preliminary decisions:

Decisions concerning the grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt. All laws pertaining to the sale of 1911s by CMP will be strictly obeyed. Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting:

1) proof of U.S. Citizenship,
2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club,
3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity,
4) a new form 2A with notary,
5) successful completion of a NICS background check,
6) a signed copy of the 01 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.

– The CMP customer will be required to complete a form 4473 in person and successfully complete another NICS check by the recipient FFL holderbefore the pistol can be transferred.
– Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.
– No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales.
– CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.
– Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery.
– Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.
– Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator.
– The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP.
– Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.
– When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one.
– As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grade and pricing options will be available. Again, this done completely random.

Mark Johnson
Chief Operating Officer
Civilian Marksmanship Program
www.thecmp.org

• Like 1

4 hours ago, T Bill said:

The following letter was published at TTAG about how and when 1911s will be distributed by the CMP.   Notice it will be 5 months after receipt before the final pricing and such will be determined.  Who knows if NJ gun owners will even qualify by then.

The Truth About Guns
  •  

How to Buy a 1911 From the Civilian Marksmanship Program

BY ROBERT FARAGO |

DEC 05, 2017 

Civilian Marksmanship Program 1911 (courtesy grandthumbblog.com)

Mark Johnson, Chief Operating Officer of the Civilian Marksmanship Program writes:

To all CMP constituents: The CMP Board of Directors has discussed at length how the sales of 1911s would be handled, if the CMP were to ever receive them from the United States Army. Some preliminary decisions:

Decisions concerning the grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt. All laws pertaining to the sale of 1911s by CMP will be strictly obeyed. Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting:

1) proof of U.S. Citizenship,
2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club,
3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity,
4) a new form 2A with notary,
5) successful completion of a NICS background check,
6) a signed copy of the 01 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.

– The CMP customer will be required to complete a form 4473 in person and successfully complete another NICS check by the recipient FFL holderbefore the pistol can be transferred.
– Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.
– No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales.
– CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.
– Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery.
– Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.
– Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator.
– The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP.
– Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.
– When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one.
– As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grade and pricing options will be available. Again, this done completely random.

Mark Johnson
Chief Operating Officer
Civilian Marksmanship Program
www.thecmp.org

I do not understand this. There are hundreds of pistol models out there, why is this just pertaining to the 1911? Given there are so many variations of it, styles, calibers and makes it would even be hard to say that for sure is a 1911. I just don't think I'm understanding what's going on. 

Will NJ ever be a free state? It baffles me that they call where we live "The United States". There seems to be nothing united about us. Every state has different laws, regulations, policies and tolerances. At least this state can start with letting its tax payers ( that pay the most in the country ) start off carrying 22's or even pellet guns for crying out loud. Then see if there is any less crime rate. A would be robber, car jacker would really hesitate and think twice if he thought his potential victim was carrying a little 22 that can certainly kill him, but more likely send him running with some small holes in his butt. I NEVER thought about moving until I got into the hobby of firearms and realize how tied down we are with no real freedoms, everything just covered up by laws, policies too much to even manage  a lifetime to browse through. :(