jwswartout

Yugo M48 Question

I'm considering purchasing an m48 which in excellent condition with the exception of a mismatched bolt. Now Some say no problem others say stay away....does this effect function or collectability...both? Not a ton of money, but don't want to throw $300 in the toilet either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Yugo M48 is a nice rifle, but not really collectible. It isn’t a World War rifle.

With the mismatched bolt, you’d want to be sure it is safe to shoot. Probably likely to be good, but should always make sure.

A few years back, I got M48A (matching), with a bayonet, for $295. Definitely look on Gunboards and GunBroker to see what is out there. You might be surprised with a similar deal with a matched rifle, as Yugos were imported heavily. Most are in great condition because they were maintained very well.

It’s probably good with the headspace but you can probably get a matching one for that price if you look around.The M48s are normally in new condition and not collectible. If you want something more collectible I would look for a VZ24 or Yugo refurbished K98. You can probably find one for around that price.