1 hour ago, tattooo said:

I read the bill but am still a bit confused on if it allows a NJ resident with a Florida or Utah non resident CCW be able to carry.

As I read it no. 

The law references the interstate commerce clause directly and excludes the state of residence of the individual. 

The way I read it is thus:

If you live in state A, and can't get a permit there because may issue, and have no other permit you can't carry anywhere that requires a permit, as you don't have one. 

If you live in state A, and can't get a permit there because may issue, and have a permit from state B, you can carry in any state but state A. 

Those who have a permit from any other state can carry in state A, but have to abide by the limitations of the laws in state A. i.e. If state A prohibits carry in bars,  and your permit is from state G that lets you carry in bars, you get no protection from carrying into a bar in state A. 

Additionally, if you are from a no permit state, you would have to get a permit from some other state as an out of state resident in a permit state to carry in state A. 

Additionally, the way it is written, if a court decided that the clause that limits the laws protections to citizens in their own state of residence were found unconstitutional because say.. equal protection, then that portion may be thrown out without tossing the rest of the law. 

Basically the senate bills are a heaping pile of shit. They couldn't keep them in committee, and this is there so they can keep fix nics alive and unpaired and delay a vote on this long enough to kill hr38 by promising we'll vote on this, or by gutting hr38 and turning it into this. I'll leave it up to you if this is due to gun grabbers, shithead GOP members, or them working as a team. You can also hold the position that this is a bill crafted to minimize the issue of pre-emption of states rights. 

1 hour ago, tattooo said:

I read the bill but am still a bit confused on if it allows a NJ resident with a Florida or Utah non resident CCW be able to carry.

we're boned on this one........

:::::::

n commerce in any
State other than the State of residence of the indi-
vidual that—
‘‘(A) has a statute that allows residents of
the State to obtain licenses or permits to carry
concealed firearms; or

So in a nutshell if it passes your non-res permit nets you ccw for the other lower 48 but still no CCW for NJ residents. Looks like the NJ Libtards prevailed again this time without any effort on their part. NJ doesn't trust us but other states do, makes perfect sense.

6 minutes ago, FXDX said:

So in a nutshell if it passes your non-res permit nets you ccw for the other lower 48 but still no CCW for NJ residents. Looks like the NJ Libtards prevailed again this time without any effort on their part. NJ doesn't trust us but other states do, makes perfect sense.

the only upside will be if we found a lawyer that actually wants to solve the problem, as this would then allow nj to be sued....as they'd be forced to let virtually everyone other than nj residents to carry. problem is that everyone depends on lawyers that want to put a bandaid on the bleeding artery.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FXDX said:

To a point... all the visitors are carrying 

Sadly I do not know why it is so hard to comprehend that you will never be allowed to carry in NJ.

Thinking that this is some majuc bullet is foolhardy 

The only real solution is to LEAVE nj

We r the minority and everyone else takes precedence but the law abiding hard working citizen

• Like 1

I dont understand why some are stuck on "does it allow carry with non resident permit". It should not matter. 

I like the senate bill to pass even if it means NJ citizens cannot carry but other residents can carry in NJ. That in itself is a HUGE achievement and stepping stone in right direction. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, jackandjill said:

I dont understand why some are stuck on "does it allow carry with non resident permit". It should not matter. 

I like the senate bill to pass even if it means NJ citizens cannot carry but other residents can carry in NJ. That in itself is a HUGE achievement and stepping stone in right direction. 

That’s true, didn’t look at it that way so if it does pass and it gives NJ lawmakers grief then it was worth it

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Opens a door 

Yes it does, it kind of makes that trip to the range with the handgun and no deviations a joke don’t it? So yes, we have to drive directly to the range and technically can’t stop for fuel or food but now everyone else will be getting off the NJTP looking for burger joints feeding their faces with their S&W 642's in their pants and I’ll still be the golden boy going to and from with no detours. Can’t make this stuff up LOL

• Like 4

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Sadly I do not know why it is so hard to comprehend that you will never be allowed to carry in NJ.

Thinking that this is some majuc bullet is foolhardy 

The only real solution is to LEAVE nj

We r the minority and everyone else takes precedence but the law abiding hard working citizen

So why are you wasting your time here typing about failures that have yet to take place? Why aren't you busy packing your bags and leaving?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

So why are you wasting your time here typing about failures that have yet to take place? Why aren't you busy packing your bags and leaving?

I need to change my avatar to spec ops cia sumtin. Perhaps a new thread

43 minutes ago, FXDX said:

Yes it does, it kind of makes that trip to the range with the handgun and no deviations a joke don’t it? So yes, we have to drive directly to the range and technically can’t stop for fuel or food but now everyone else will be getting off the NJTP looking for burger joints feeding their faces with their S&W 642's in their pants and I’ll still be the golden boy going to and from with no detours. Can’t make this stuff up LOL

You are now thinking long game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

we're boned on this one........

:::::::

n commerce in any
State other than the State of residence of the indi-
vidual that—
‘‘(A) has a statute that allows residents of
the State to obtain licenses or permits to carry
concealed firearms; or

I am a resident of 2 states. I have government issued photo id's from both states including mailing addresses. Both states consider me a resident. I wonder how I fit in to this shit show.

1 minute ago, brucin said:

I am a resident of 2 states. I have government issued photo id's from both states including mailing addresses. Both states consider me a resident. I wonder how I fit in to this shit show.

You don’t, you’re deported! Unless you vote d

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brucin said:

guess you could then carry everywhere 'cept those two states?

Just now, brucin said:

I have a carry permit from one of the states. The way I read it I'm good in all 50.

Not yet Mr. Happy!

Just now, 1LtCAP said:

not for the senate one. read what i copy/pasted above.

You are technically incorrect..

2 minutes ago, brucin said:

I have a CCW issued to me by a state I reside in. How am I not covered?

Well cause it didn’t pass senate, and get to President Trumps desk yet..

let alone reconciliation. But if it does, you’ll be .... Mr. Happy