danw77

AK Parts Kit

Thinking about starting my AK build. I have a stripped stamped fixed-stock receiver, but am in need of all other parts. Can anyone provide me with links to decent parts kits or reputable sellers? 

I'm not looking to build anything crazy. Just want a reliable, functional range toy.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.

What A Country is good to go. They have Polish and Romanian kits now 

https://whatacountry.com/parts-kits.aspx

Ak-Builder is great for other parts and tools, barrels, rivets, fcg’s, etc  

https://ak-builder.com/

I’ve also had good experience with gun broker and the NJGF marketplace here so don’t hesitate to check those.

• Like 1

Look into a Saiga trigger linkage as well, you can fashion one yourself by cannibalizing two regular AK FCG's. You can find a receiver template online  or just measure and drill the extra holes for the two additional pins. You'll definitely want the ability to remove your pistol grip and mount a standard "sporting" style stock on it in 2018. 

• Like 1

ak-builder is fantastic I just did one off nodak spuds receiver (which are great too).  I did bulgarian 107 in 5.45 and it's awesome.  Also inexpensively ALG does an AK trigger (upgrade to purple high energy spring) and you get crisp AR like trigger off the AK.  I had my Saiga conversion (same trigger) out yesterday and it was awesome.  Highly recommend the ALG kit.