Recon Racoon

Flying with fire arms

So I'm going to be coming back to Jersey for a few days in Feb. When I leave, I'm bringing four rifles back to Florida. I know I need to check them like luggage, bolt out, no ammo in the gun. But is there a limit of firearms I can check? They'll be in two double gun cases, locked down. Would the TSA give me crap about bringing that many?

I'll be flying into and out of Philly if that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Good call on flying into Philly.   That should go smoothly.   I'm not aware of any limit on the number of guns, but there is a limit on ammo--not that you mentioned bringing in ammo.   Different airlines have different limits; I believe the international limit is 5 kilos, but various domestic airlines seem to have their own rules, usually involving '5'.    I've heard 5 lbs, 5 boxes, 500 rounds.    in factory boxes or equivalent (like MTM plastic boxes, not loose bulk ammo)

Krdshrk is correct.  Just did a trip to Florida and return via Newark in October.  Used two Pelican 1700 as this is the only rifle case that is under the 62" gross max before fees start.  (L+W+H).  Check your airlines.  You may get away with a Pelican storm 3100 that is just 63", weight was checked at counter but not size. I used Southwest so 62" and 50 lbs each max. They have a no fee for first two checked bags so I checked two, carry-on for clothes, and a backpack for personable items (couple of restricted items got packed into cases).  No questions asked, went smooth.