JohnnyB

Norcross responds to my email supporting HR38

Here is his response! He does not hide his true feelings!

"Thank you for reaching out to me regarding proposals for a national concealed carry law. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me on this issue. As your Representative, I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to you directly.

As you know, there are several proposals currently in Congress that would allow for national concealed carry practices. These bills would allow for persons who already possess a state-issued concealed carry permit for their personal firearm to travel across state borders where their permits may not allow them to travel currently. They would also allow concealed carry permits to reciprocate across states. 

I believe that local and state decisions to limit permits for concealed firearms should be respected. A national concealed carry law would override state and local authorities, and would directly oppose existing New Jersey laws on concealed carry permits. Currently, applicants in New Jersey for a concealed carry permit must demonstrate a justifiable need to carry a concealed firearm. National concealed carry laws would undermine the will of the people in New Jersey and other states and cities across the country. Individual states and cities should have the authority to choose for themselves the best practices on firearms when it comes to keeping streets safer for our children while ensuring that the Constitutionally-guaranteed right to bear arms is ensured.

Thank you again for your interest. If I may be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me."

Sincerely,
DNorcorss_Sig_Formal.png
Donald Norcross
Member of Congress

7 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I believe that local and state decisions to limit permits for concealed firearms should be respected. A national concealed carry law would override state and local authorities

And there is a flip side of this argument.  States don't like being told what to do by the Feds.  I still believe it will be it will be ignored and defied by the states like ours until it goes to the Supreme Court and becomes a right.  This is only a step in that process. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

National concealed carry laws would undermine the will of the people in New Jersey

The will of what people, The anti gun politicians. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

"Thank you for reaching out to me regarding proposals for a national concealed carry law. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me on this issue. As your Representative, I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to you directly.

As you know, there are several proposals currently in Congress that would allow for national concealed carry practices. These bills would allow for persons who already possess a state-issued concealed carry permit for their personal firearm to travel across state borders where their permits may not allow them to travel currently. They would also allow concealed carry permits to reciprocate across states. 

I believe that local and state decisions to limit permits for concealed firearms should be respected. A national concealed carry law would override state and local authorities, and would directly oppose existing New Jersey laws on concealed carry permits. Currently, applicants in New Jersey for a concealed carry permit must demonstrate a justifiable need to carry a concealed firearm. National concealed carry laws would undermine the will of the people in New Jersey and other states and cities across the country. Individual states and cities should have the authority to choose for themselves the best practices on firearms when it comes to keeping streets safer for our children while ensuring that the Constitutionally-guaranteed right to bear arms is ensured.

Thank you again for your interest. If I may be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me."

Sincerely,
DNorcorss_Sig_Formal.png
Donald Norcross
Member of Congress

yea, nevermind that nj's laws are in fact.....against the law.

do these idiots in trenton even realize that shit like this wouldn't be happening if they weren't passing illegal and unconstitutional laws???

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

I believe that local and state decisions to limit permits for concealed firearms should be respected.

But he had no problem voting to use the Federal government to force mandates on states on other topics whether the people of those states did not want them. Hypocrite. Another "swamper" that needs to be sent into retirement.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, T Bill said:

But he had no problem voting to use the Federal government to force mandates on states on other topics whether the people of those states did not want them. Hypocrite. Another "swamper" that needs to be sent into retirement.  

welll technicslly speaking the state and every one of the guilty politicians should and could be taken to court over this. if they're passing and enforcing these laws/statutes, they are going against their oaths. and the law. but.....no one will bring this up.

3 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

welll technicslly speaking the state and every one of the guilty politicians should and could be taken to court over this. if they're passing and enforcing these laws/statutes, they are going against their oaths. and the law. but.....no one will bring this up.

That SAPPA case did so, and all was for naught.

45 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Made it up to SCOTUS, I’d say they did a good job.

i didn't mean to disparage them. i was mostly thinking that with lawyers they perhaps could've picked up on something that would've forced scotus to hear their case.......

i was both sad and pissed that they didn't hear that case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i didn't mean to disparage them. i was mostly thinking that with lawyers they perhaps could've picked up on something that would've forced scotus to hear their case.......

i was both sad and pissed that they didn't hear that case.

The cases scotus does take leave me confused 

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

possibly the need for better lawyers? who'd they use? i thought they were doing that themselves?

A person that uses themselves as a lawyer has a fool for an attorney - but hey if you look back they said...

"We can't lose, we have a surefire case "

Hmmmm. Not so much.

@capt14k Is the only one that is right in all these threads.....  it WILL go to scotus - a case will be heard - when there is more balance to the court and the case for the 2A is ensured.  Till then we need to deal with it 

Sadly

The falling back on the states' rights issue is pure drivel.  The bill is not stating that NJ has to allow NJ subjects to be allowed CCW, it just allows US Citizens to travel freely in NJ.  This would not impact NJ laws pertaining to NJ subjects.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:21 PM, JohnnyB said:

Sincerely,
DNorcorss_Sig_Formal.png
Donald Norcross
Member of Congress

What do you expect from someone who won't stand for the Pledge of Allegiance?

• Like 1

I know how to get a case to SCOTUS. What you have to do is ask a bakery if they will put a 1911 inside of a cake for you. When they refuse, take it all the way to SCOTUS because your 1911 identifies as a non binary gender. The end result is a ruling that allows you to carry a gun cake anywhere. Good news is now you can basically CCW. Bad new is you have to fish through 2 layers of frosting to get to it.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:48 AM, Lostboy said:

Well, you have to give credit where it's due. It's a good response nontheless.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

No, it's a well crafted lie. He's doing what every liberal does and uses a "grain" of truth (states rights) to make his argument against something he does not want....However, it's NOT a states right to trample on the original 1791 Bill of Rights! These apply to the Federal government as well as the states....just like states can't implement illegal searches, laws against freedom of speech, etc. Just another shrewd propagandist at work..

On 12/27/2017 at 10:26 PM, louu said:

y do you people waste your time responding or emailing these politic

-7 lol

On 1/4/2018 at 10:39 PM, charbs1985 said:

I want to know which politicians here have ccw's

I would say most..

Laws are written for us not them, so it seems.