Zeke

If you use a quality qd Mount for a scope

Ray, you don't seem particularly well versed on the topic and you don't seem to care for this type of mount so I find myself wondering why you are posting in this thread. There are MANY reasons for QD. With My setup I can have my rifle setup for 800 yd shooting and in 5 seconds reconfigure to go CQB if I choose, or reconfig again for a NV setup. My "kit" leaves me with many options based on the emerging need. Sometimes I use QD just for the simple convenience. I even use QD on my precision rifles for that very reason.

• Like 6

Point of view? Discussion? I don't see any case articulated by you. I only see contrarian comments and silly ones about wearing out components. I guess you couldn't possibly strip out a screw on a fixed mount eh? Its not a discussion when you don't consider or respond to any points made and you just poo poo the idea because it doesn't fit your purview. You don't even concede that there are uses that don't pertain to you personally but that you can see the case for it. You just cling to a negative perspective based on.....YOU don't see the need.

• Like 5

No, I don't see a need.  But I guess others do.  And it's not my money, so spend away.  Hell, people still by 870s even though they have proven themselves to be sub-par.  But that's another topic.

Adios

Pizza Ray

I have three scopes and two RDS on LaRue mounts. I've taken them off multiple times, usually take it off when I clean the gun. I confirm zero after each time the optic is removed, but so far I have not witnessed a POA/POI shift. 

They seem to work as advertised. Return to zero every time.