GramGun79

Optics Planet

For years they have had great service and good prices. Recently customer service is non existent. Placed an order this past weekend and never received confirmation of my order. My paypal account was charged so they do have my money. Usually when I order from them I instantly get a confirmation email. Tried calling to confirm my order and no response. The automated system puts you on hold for 20 min then tells you to leave a message. I left a message. No one returns your call.

Anyone else have a bad experience with them lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ordered from them in the last 6 months. Nothing besides the usual issue that they will sell you stuff they don't actually have so shipping can take a while. 

If you use free mail by MS or google, check your junk folder, mine started eating optics planet mail about a week ago. 

It's Christmas time, if you are going to find the bits that break, now is it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raz-0 said:

I have ordered from them in the last 6 months. Nothing besides the usual issue that they will sell you stuff they don't actually have so shipping can take a while. 

If you use free mail by MS or google, check your junk folder, mine started eating optics planet mail about a week ago. 

It's Christmas time, if you are going to find the bits that break, now is it. 

You were correct..Spam is where i found it. Never happened before. Thanks for the tip

Well, I am now reversing my previous post of no issues. I ordered an all new reloading setup. Ordered press on Monday and it was in stock, ordered dies on Tuesday, also in stock. Dies have already shipped but press has not, and I am getting pissed, it's been 4 business days and they still haven't shipped. So basically the later order was shipped but the earlier order was not.

Sometimes they have good pricing but with a little looking around it can usually be beat.  On top of that, I have always found that their shipping times are very slow.  It's taken close to a week before something shipped.  I will use them for price comparisons but if I can find it somewhere else I'll usually pass on buying it from Optics Planet and go with someone that wants me to have the product I paid for.  

I have ordered from them several times. Prices are good, sometimes great but their shipping times are usually longer then other places and communication about when things ship is bad. For example I ordered a set of grips for my victory a few months ago, the web site still said on order when they arrived at my house a week and a half after the order. 

If the price is right I have no problem ordering from them but usually if there is a time I need something like for a last minute birthday present or something, I don’t use them because I can’t depend on when it is going to arrive.

right now I have an open order from 4 days ago for a couple of thing that showed as in stock. The order status shows “on order” I have no idea when they will show up. Maybe next week, maybe Feb sometime. 

JMHO

-Jim

My press finally came in. Took them 6 business days to ship, and it was in stock the entire time. They kept telling me that they have shipping issues and delays due to holidays but orders I placed afterwords were shipped, no problem. Another item I had on order, said ships 1-3 business days, they told me over the phone, back ordered till end of December.

Their prices are great but I'm too the point where I can't deal with their shipping bull shit anymore.

Waiting on an order I placed that was in stock 10 days ago. Called them after 6 days of constantly seeing  that the order was showing still being processed. I finally called them and they promised it would go out that day. That was Thursday. They said no problem, it's in stock. Today I got an email saying they cancelled my order, no mention of a refund just another new order confirmation saying to now use that reference number. I checked it, and it now tells me to expect my order in 25 days. WTF? It only took them 30 seconds after I placed the order to charge my card. Buyer beware! Check out their reviews. They average 1 star. Also read about 25 bad reviews in a row before I finally saw a good one. From now on I will check buyer reviews first.

Have spent thousand with them never a problem, shipping is a day or two slower than most.  called them a few times with product questions got my answers and was given coupon codes to use for more money off my order.  I think half the problem is people expect 2 day shipping like every business is amazon prime, not everything you order online needs to be at the door next morning 

5 hours ago, MartyZ said:

Not expecting 2 day shipping, but definitely expecting less then 2 week shipping. And like I stated earlier, their site says item ships in 1 to 3 business days, I call them on day 6 and it's on back order. How does that make sense? 

Some of the prices they get, they get via doing bulk order deals with the manufacturer. This can be a delay in and of itself as it appears they wait to hit the number. They can also exceed the manufacturers supply and have to wait for inventory to exist. This is where they wind up taking weeks to ship. 

It can also work the opposite way. I ordered something for $43 that said it may take 3 weeks to ship. The item MSRP is $89, most places sell it for $78, and the cheapest everyday price I have found is $67. Not too pricey and a large discount. It shipped in 3 days because the manufacturer has tons on hand and the price was attractive enough that the bulk order commitment was reached rapidly. 

Much like PSA, I don't order things from optics planet that I need right now. I pay the gotta have it now tax and go elsewhere. 

53 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Some of the prices they get, they get via doing bulk order deals with the manufacturer. This can be a delay in and of itself as it appears they wait to hit the number. They can also exceed the manufacturers supply and have to wait for inventory to exist. This is where they wind up taking weeks to ship. 

It can also work the opposite way. I ordered something for $43 that said it may take 3 weeks to ship. The item MSRP is $89, most places sell it for $78, and the cheapest everyday price I have found is $67. Not too pricey and a large discount. It shipped in 3 days because the manufacturer has tons on hand and the price was attractive enough that the bulk order commitment was reached rapidly. 

Much like PSA, I don't order things from optics planet that I need right now. I pay the gotta have it now tax and go elsewhere. 

If that is the case then they have to make that clear on their product page. I don't mind waiting if I know I will have to wait. But when something says in stock or ships in 1 to 3 days, then that is what I expect. If it's back-ordered takes 2 weeks to ship, I am fine with that as long as I am made aware before I check out. Like you stated, some items you have to wait for to get a good deal, and i'm OK with that, but only if I know that ahead of time.

Exactly, I’m at 2wks, Item was in stock when I ordered it...

Hit my card right away no problem... Then they cancelled my order, gave me a new confirmation number and are now quoting it will not be in stock for 25 to 32 days. Bullshit way to run a business if you ask me. Order at your own risk from these guys. I wish I saw their 1 star rating before I placed my order.