Sign in to follow this  
Downtownv

I just received this and I want to just put it here.

ELITISM EXPOSED: Shaneen Allen’s Judge “ONLY PERSON” to get CCW Permit in Atlantic County

Posted by Alexander Roubian 490sc on December 13, 2017 · Add your reaction

For years we have stated that only politicians, judges and their friends can obtain conceal carry permits in New Jersey… and for years we have been told we are "paranoid" and only “specially trained” individuals like law enforcement officers are allowed that privilege.

Michael_Donio-Shaneen_Allen.jpg

Politicians like Loretta Weinberg have fought hard to keep permit holder information exempt from public records requests, probably to protect the identity of her friends, and maybe herself? Though we do not know who exactly the 1,274 that have received a conceal carry permit are, the admission of a prosecutor that Judge Michael Donio was the only non-police officer in Atlantic City to receive a conceal carry permit (ccw) is further evidence that we are, in fact, not paranoid nor wrong.

For over two years we have scoured through public records and went undercover to identify, document, and now expose those who are quick to deny us our constitutional right (while they simultaneously enjoy that same right). This elitist “good for thee, but not for me” mentality must end NOW!

To make matters worse, Judge Michael Donio didn't find it "egregious" that prosecutors thought a single mother from crime-ridden Philadelphia, a victim of violence herself, would be a prime candidate to put in prison and made an example of. The hypocrisy and double standard is disgusting, and the snippet at the end of the video below speaks for itself. 

Video HERE:
  • Like 6

Sometimes Roubian does stuff that is soooo very good... I just wish he had more self-discipline to keep his anger focused only on the anti-2A crowd. But, I'm quick to admit... this is one of those times when he nailed it. It's a great video.

• Like 5

I will say this again. I have far more respect for an idiot who does something than a learned who sits on their ass all day contemplating. 

Almost anyone can sit in their air conditioned office and talk. But it takes tremendous amount of balls to do what Roubian is doing here. 

Most of us hesitate to write a letter to local Chief asking why the processing is taking longer than directed by law. Imagine going with video cameras, recording, showing up at anti-2A discussions, challenging and opening yourself up to problem and taking on legal system ? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jackandjill said:

I will say this again. I have far more respect for an idiot who does something than a learned who sits on their ass all day contemplating. 

I hear you. I do. I just feel like sometimes it's 1 step forward and 2 steps back with him. But... this research project they're doing sounds interesting to say the least. I'll be delighted to eat my words. I'm hoping he comes up with 3 or 4 strong videos in a row, all winners... (and that he has the sense and self-discipline to leave the stupid ones on the cutting room floor). 

He's the only one in this entire state that does anything positive for us. He's the only one that actually wants this to move forward. He's also the only person who has gotten anything done for us. Witch is why he's the only 2a group (besides the NRA) that gets my money. All the other ones in this state do not have me fooled.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I hear you. I do. I just feel like sometimes it's 1 step forward and 2 steps back with him. But... this research project they're doing sounds interesting to say the least. I'll be delighted to eat my words. I'm hoping he comes up with 3 or 4 strong videos in a row, all winners... (and that he has the sense and self-discipline to leave the stupid ones on the cutting room floor). 

Only way to make no mistakes is not try at all. But that itself is a biggest mistake.  I am sincerely interested in what he did with "2 steps back" that negatively impacted 2A rights of a regular Joe in NJ ? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jackandjill said:

Only way to make no mistakes is not try at all. But that itself is a biggest mistake.  I am sincerely interested in what he did with "2 steps back" that negatively impacted 2A rights of a regular Joe in NJ ? 

Fair question! 

1) Some of his videos have just been stupid - the one where he's obviously trying to "trick" politicians into showing they support cop-killer Joanne Chesimard. OK, fine, you made a video that didn't hit the mark. Great, leave it on the cutting room floor - don't release it and look like a moron. Do we benefit when a 2A leader comes off looking totally inept? Or does it make us all look inept?

2) From what I can gather, he completely bungled his "support" of that large range that was planned for North Jersey. ... and then deflected, blaming other 2A groups for not doing enough.  :facepalm:  2A proponents should follow the same oath as doctors do: "first do no harm". Sometimes charging in like a raging bull is useful, sometimes it's disastrous. I think he stirred the pot TOO much... and helped it implode. Did we all benefit from the other side squashing a new range in NJ?

3) As for "other" NJ 2A orgs - this is just my opinion - but CNJFO seems to be meeting their stated mission, which relies largely on awareness raising, bringing more people into the shooting sports, etc. I have no issues there. Time will tell whether they're good at bringing lawsuits, etc. which seems to be an area they want to wade into now. ANJRPC has been too quiet, too over-promising IMO. This is a new day though - a new ugly day. Whether they can rise to the occasion remains to be seen. The fact that they're reaching out to other groups is promising - again, time will tell. But Roubian has DELIGHTED in trashing other 2A groups to the press - creating divisiveness and bad feeling in a community that desperately needs to be fighting as one. When he's giving quotes to the anti-2A press or trashing them on Facebook - do you really think the 2A community benefits from that? You've never struck me as naiive - AT ALL. Surely you suspect he's just trying to win members to his own organization...? 

Those are some examples of "2 steps back". I'm sure you and many others might disagree. Do keep in mind though, I LOVE the things he does right. I just think he's such a hothead that he often directs his anger inappropriately and that's a BIG problem. The credo "criticize privately, praise publicly" is one he should follow when dealing with other 2A groups. If he has nothing good to say about one of the other 2A groups, he should keep his big trap shut... not vent to a reporter! :facepalm:Why is this so hard to understand??

• Like 1

Agree to disagree on that. I am not counting on any other NJ organizations to do what NJ2AS is doing. And I dont see any "individuals" to stand up like Roubian does. The hot-headedness comes with the territory. If he wasnt, he would have joined an existing group like rest of us and wish things were different. 

He need to watch out though. Character assassination is a typical strategy opposition usually employs against this type of people. IF that were to ever happen, most of us will forget all the good things he did and say "See, I told ya, he wasn't all that different". 

14 minutes ago, jackandjill said:

Agree to disagree on that. I am not counting on any other NJ organizations to do what NJ2AS is doing. And I dont see any "individuals" to stand up like Roubian does. The hot-headedness comes with the territory. If he wasnt, he would have joined an existing group like rest of us and wish things were different. 

He need to watch out though. Character assassination is a typical strategy opposition usually employs against this type of people. IF that were to ever happen, most of us will forget all the good things he did and say "See, I told ya, he wasn't all that different". 

OK, I can see you're a Roubian fan. You like his moxie, I get that.

But to clarify: do you disagree with all 3 examples I gave? For instance, let's take just one: you seem worried about people assassinating Roubian's character. Really? Do you think it's OK for him to do that to other 2A groups... but it would be bad somehow if they turned the tables and did the same to him? To get really specific, do you think he should have been complaining to a reporter that ANJRPC's meeting with Guadagno was closed to the public?

Because my feeling is: it wasn't his group's meeting - what the hell business was it of his? Why was he casting innuendo about what another 2A group was doing?... to a reporter of all people? Why? :facepalm: Do you think that was right? [Mind you, I'm not a member or a big fan of ANJRPC - so I have no skin in the game. But I thought that move was stunningly moronic]. Do you think it was good? If so, why?

And --- what has he actually done that has moved gun rights ahead so much in this state? I believe he supported the stun gun case --- jury's still out on how that can be implemented and what practical use it will be. (Hopefully it won't be used as leverage to deny actual GUN rights). But I still consider it to be a plus and a tiny step in the right direction. Anything else? Anything at all? I think his fans like his feisty attitude... but I'm more apt to judge on achievements rather than attitude. But, hey... if I'm wrong and he's achieved a lot, educate me. List them. I'll consider all points. I really mean that. 

IF he's still trashing other groups that want the same thing.....he needs to stop. we need to adapt the same tactics that the antis use. first and foremost that means that those with egos need to put their egos in the closet, and work together with others, regardless of who's the leader. at this point, it doesn't matter who did the most, or who is a meanie. what matters is that we need full support of/for all our 2a groups. without it, we're gonna lose more than anyone wants to imagine.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

OK, I can see you're a Roubian fan. You like his moxie, I get that.

But to clarify: do you disagree with all 3 examples I gave? For instance, let's take just one: you seem worried about people assassinating Roubian's character. Really? Do you think it's OK for him to do that to other 2A groups... but it would be bad somehow if they turned the tables and did the same to him? To get really specific, do you think he should have been complaining to a reporter that ANJRPC's meeting with Guadagno was closed to the public?

Because my feeling is: it wasn't his group's meeting - what the hell business was it of his? Why was he casting innuendo about what another 2A group was doing?... to a reporter of all people? Why? :facepalm: Do you think that was right? [Mind you, I'm not a member or a big fan of ANJRPC - so I have no skin in the game. But I thought that move was stunningly moronic]. Do you think it was good? If so, why?

And --- what has he actually done that has moved gun rights ahead so much in this state? I believe he supported the stun gun case --- jury's still out on how that can be implemented and what practical use it will be. (Hopefully it won't be used as leverage to deny actual GUN rights). But I still consider it to be a plus and a tiny step in the right direction. Anything else? Anything at all? I think his fans like his feisty attitude... but I'm more apt to judge on achievements rather than attitude. But, hey... if I'm wrong and he's achieved a lot, educate me. List them. I'll consider all points. I really mean that. 

I didnt think  of donated to NJ2AS until recently, much less a fan or moxie. I donated 100 times more to other organizations than I ever did to NJ2AS.  In my personal opinion, my ROI has been great with NJ2AS than anything else in recent past. 

I will take his stupid video about a politician (in the context of other videos he had made at various PD locations) any day over "Permitting Strike Force" that does nothing (what a name) any day.  We (specially I am ) are way past worrying about what others may think. 

Publicly criticizing another 2A organization, unprovoked is one thing I DO NOT support. May be we will take another 1A thread, but I wasn't talking about type of character assassination you are talking about and I certainly wasnt implying that other 2A groups will do. Its a different type of Character Assassination he needs to worry about, specially sticking he head so far out against a rotten system. More than happy to elaborate in 1A thread, if need be. 

Last but not least, NJ2AS was not just in  "support" role for the stun gun case. They are the party to the stun gun case. And they won. If it was so easy, then I wonder what was taking so long for any number of NJ 2A organizations to get it done. 

And if it was so easy to go through Freedom Of Information act process, get videos, review them, get that one "aha" moment posted in the OP, then why isnt any other organization doing it ? 

• Like 1

BTW, do you want to know anit-2A strategy ?  Simple. Public humiliation of Politicians, what ever it takes.  Last November elections, their grass roots organizations took no-holds-barred approach of showing up offices of Republican politicians with displays, chants that said to the effect of "so and so blood is on your hands" or "this politician killed children in sandyhook". 

Which of the 2A organizations came anywhere close to that, directly picketing politicians ? 

If there is one thing Politicians understand, its non stop public humiliation, and recording of retarded things they say and do. 

You make interesting points. See comments below in bold italics.

1 hour ago, jackandjill said:

I didnt think  of donated to NJ2AS until recently, much less a fan or moxie. I donated 100 times more to other organizations than I ever did to NJ2AS.  In my personal opinion, my ROI has been great with NJ2AS than anything else in recent past. 

I will take his stupid video about a politician (in the context of other videos he had made at various PD locations) any day over "Permitting Strike Force" that does nothing (what a name) any day.  We (specially I am ) are way past worrying about what others may think.

I don't know what ANJRPC has (or has not) done about permitting problems... my impression though is "not much." At the very least, their communications attempt has certainly been a bomb. This is exactly the example I was thinking of when I mentioned "over-promising". But still, saying, "but those other orgs are even worse" doesn't erase Roubian's dumbass moves.

Publicly criticizing another 2A organization, unprovoked is one thing I DO NOT support. May be we will take another 1A thread, but I wasn't talking about type of character assassination you are talking about and I certainly wasnt implying that other 2A groups will do. Its a different type of Character Assassination he needs to worry about, specially sticking he head so far out against a rotten system. More than happy to elaborate in 1A thread, if need be. 

OK, I misunderstood what you were referring to when you said "character assassination". For the record, the moment I decided I would NOT join NJ2AS is when I read is quote to the reporter trashing another 2A org. I instantly thought, "moron - egomaniac - loose cannon" etc. And obviously. there's not a strong enough exec board in NJ2AS to rein him in when he goes "off the reservation" like that. That's a shame. But I won't invest in a loose cannon. 

Last but not least, NJ2AS was not just in  "support" role for the stun gun case. They are the party to the stun gun case. And they won. If it was so easy, then I wonder what was taking so long for any number of NJ 2A organizations to get it done. 

Granted, excellent point! As a contrast, ANJRPC apparently has a whole bunch of attorneys on speed dial. Frankly, they should be filing lawsuits right and left. If they don't start doing that asap, I would imagine they'll lose a lot of members once the Murphy Squeeze starts... and those members will either move their dollars to other existing orgs... or something new will spring up in this new era. ANJRPC, I think, needs to deliver... and rather quickly. Either that, or they need to change their mission and just represent ranges, not individual gun owners... and then fight like hell for the rights of gun range owners and member-funded private ranges. Either way, they have to start "fighting". Politicking hasn't worked.

And if it was so easy to go through Freedom Of Information act process, get videos, review them, get that one "aha" moment posted in the OP, then why isnt any other organization doing it ? 

Well, every organization is different. I can accept that some have been more focused on education/recruitment (like I think CNJFO has been of that mold), whereas NJ2AS is more focused on the "gotcha" moments. I think there's room for all approaches. They just need to work together, not fight each other!

• Like 2

IMHO you can Put Evan Nappen in the category of useless. He does however promote himself, at the expense of gun owners.

Try calling his office, don't count on a return call unless you were a high profile arrest.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

IMHO you can Put Evan Nappen in the category of useless. He does however promote himself, at the expense of gun owners.

Try calling his office, don't count on a return call unless you were a high profile arrest.

Concur. He's a very entertaining presenter, I'll give him that - but even if (god forbid) I was involved in a high profile arrest, he's not the attorney I'd be calling to defend my life and freedom. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, louu said:

He's the only one in this entire state that does anything positive for us. He's the only one that actually wants this to move forward. He's also the only person who has gotten anything done for us. Witch is why he's the only 2a group (besides the NRA) that gets my money. All the other ones in this state do not have me fooled.

Very shortsighted, incorrect, juvenile, insulting & foolish.  A classic example example of "the passionately uninformed".  You & those who "liked" this post have no concept of what has been accomplished with three years of hard work.  I'm much too tired tonight to go further.  I've been on the computer all day trying to fool people.......

• Like 1

Fair question! 
1) Some of his videos have just been stupid - the one where he's obviously trying to "trick" politicians into showing they support cop-killer Joanne Chesimard. OK, fine, you made a video that didn't hit the mark. Great, leave it on the cutting room floor - don't release it and look like a moron. Do we benefit when a 2A leader comes off looking totally inept? Or does it make us all look inept?
2) From what I can gather, he completely bungled his "support" of that large range that was planned for North Jersey. ... and then deflected, blaming other 2A groups for not doing enough.  :facepalm:  2A proponents should follow the same oath as doctors do: "first do no harm". Sometimes charging in like a raging bull is useful, sometimes it's disastrous. I think he stirred the pot TOO much... and helped it implode. Did we all benefit from the other side squashing a new range in NJ?
3) As for "other" NJ 2A orgs - this is just my opinion - but CNJFO seems to be meeting their stated mission, which relies largely on awareness raising, bringing more people into the shooting sports, etc. I have no issues there. Time will tell whether they're good at bringing lawsuits, etc. which seems to be an area they want to wade into now. ANJRPC has been too quiet, too over-promising IMO. This is a new day though - a new ugly day. Whether they can rise to the occasion remains to be seen. The fact that they're reaching out to other groups is promising - again, time will tell. But Roubian has DELIGHTED in trashing other 2A groups to the press - creating divisiveness and bad feeling in a community that desperately needs to be fighting as one. When he's giving quotes to the anti-2A press or trashing them on Facebook - do you really think the 2A community benefits from that? You've never struck me as naiive - AT ALL. Surely you suspect he's just trying to win members to his own organization...? 
Those are some examples of "2 steps back". I'm sure you and many others might disagree. Do keep in mind though, I LOVE the things he does right. I just think he's such a hothead that he often directs his anger inappropriately and that's a BIG problem. The credo "criticize privately, praise publicly" is one he should follow when dealing with other 2A groups. If he has nothing good to say about one of the other 2A groups, he should keep his big trap shut... not vent to a reporter! :facepalm:Why is this so hard to understand??
Sheila Oliver seemed pretty tricked. The rest was stupid.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Very shortsighted, incorrect, juvenile, insulting & foolish.  A classic example example of "the passionately uninformed".  You & those who "liked" this post have no concept of what has been accomplished with three years of hard work.  I'm much too tired tonight to go further.  I've been on the computer all day trying to fool people.......

So then try to enlighten us what has been going on. The only results I ever hear about are the things NJ2AS does. If other groups are making progress or getting stuff done, then they need to promote their successes better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, carl_g said:

So then try to enlighten us what has been going on. The only results I ever hear about are the things NJ2AS does. If other groups are making progress or getting stuff done, then they need to promote their successes better.

I agree not a fokking thing from ANYONE including the NRA except their non stop money begging.calling.

To which my answer is I pay my annual dues until you do ANYTHING for NJ Gun  owners stop calling.

1 hour ago, carl_g said:

Carl you must go to Facebook to see 3 years worth of daily work by CNJFO's 5 Trustees, 3 Committee Chairs, several ACTIVE committee members, and an ACTIVE rank & file membership.  We have a LOT more than a single individual who's burned every bridge he sees & a PO Box.  Sitting here, on THIS forum, waiting for CNJFO to promote every success, every teachable moment, every gun club meeting we attend, every door-knocking for Guadagno we did, every phone bank and NRA Day at gun shops & county fairs to get out the vote w/ NRA-ILA, every news article we're quoted in, every personal appearance by one of us will net you zilch.  Simply because we don't have the time to do it AND the WORK we do.  We reach THOUSANDS of interested parties on Facebook.  We teach (some of) them how to shoot safely (Diversity Shoots at GFH, Women-On-Target at Old Bridge R&P, etc.), what their gun rights are, how to transport within the law, what FOPA is & how & when to use it, what constructive possession is, etc., etc., and yes, we even run clay tournaments, hog hunts & pheasant hunts to reach-out to hunters while we fund-raise to keep the doors open.  So you either have to go THERE:  http://www.facebook.com/cnjfo or just believe me or Mrs. Peel (who "gets it"). 

Yes, we need to promote our successes better.  Want to volunteer for the job?  It pays zilch and they'll always be people SOMEWHERE who didn't see what you were doing within the confines of their small world.  :) 

Now, I'm off again to Facebook to remind our readers & supporters of our upcoming "any weapon" Hog Hunt on January 28th.

10 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

I agree not a fokking thing from ANYONE including the NRA except their non stop money begging.calling.

To which my answer is I pay my annual dues until you do ANYTHING for NJ Gun  owners stop calling.

Do you know who Melissa Gokmogol is & what group paid for her to be here?

Do you know who Christian Ragosta is & what group pays for him to be here?

Do you know who Darin Goens is & what group pays for him to be here?

Do you know who Rob Nixon is & what he does for ANJR&PC?

If you answer "no" to any of these questions, then you're "PASSIONATELY UNINFORMED"

You can get a free copy of ANJR&PC's "News & Briefs" at your favorite gun store or range.  Read it and become informed.

FWIW the NRA-ILA has been in NJ for years, and added additional personnel for the last election cycle.  The NRA's fundraising dept. has nothing to do with ANY other dept.  Any contact between them & you is purely coincidental.  The fact that you don't know what's going on or what was done for you, doesn't mean it didn't happen :) 

1 hour ago, carl_g said:

Ooops... Rosey just beat me to the punch, so I'm editing this message, LOL. My 2 cents, he's the only rep of a NJ 2A org that regularly posts on here. (LOL, hmmm... I wonder why? We're a tough crowd, and I include myself in that! Hmmm... maybe if we all didn't chase people away with our torches and pitchforks... they'd stick around and give us even MORE information. :huh:)

I've seen him fairly regularly post: "we had X# number of new shooters at our women's event this past weekend" or "we provided trainers to the diversity shoot last week" or "here's a pic of our new billboard on route so-and-so" --- my only reasonable conclusion is that they are, in fact, doing something and reporting it back to us. What am I missing here? Maybe you measure "results" only by lawsuits? I don't. Newbies getting a fun, safe day at the range that makes them look at shooting in a more positive light is a good thing in my book, even better if they join the shooting sports because of it.

I think there's room for different approaches... from new shooter recruitment (like CNJFO) to in-your-face exposes (like NJ2AS). As long as they're not damaging the cause (the big issue for me), I guess my question is: how much should we criticize the organizations that are staffed by volunteers? Maybe not at all? Frankly, I wouldn't have criticized Roubian at all if he wasn't striking out at other 2A groups like a primadonna... I've been delighted to acknowledge his successes (even went so far as to share one of his videos very widely).

I would end with this: if you think any of these groups are not doing enough, perhaps you should join them and help drive their successes? And if you find out they have successes you were unware of, maybe you want to volunteer to be their communications person...? BTW, those roles won't pay you a dime... and a bunch of people will be waiting in the wings to criticize everything you do. Sounds great, right?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Do you know who Melissa Gokmogol is & what group paid for her to be here?

Do you know who Christian Ragosta is & what group pays for him to be here?

Do you know who Darin Goens is & what group pays for him to be here?

Do you know who Rob Nixon is & what he does for ANJR&PC?

If you answer "no" to any of these questions, then you're "PASSIONATELY UNINFORMED"

You can get a free copy of ANJR&PC's "News & Briefs" at your favorite gun store or range.  Read it and become informed.

FWIW the NRA-ILA has been in NJ for years, and added additional personnel for the last election cycle.  The NRA's fundraising dept. has nothing to do with ANY other dept.  Any contact between them & you is purely coincidental.  The fact that you don't know what's going on or what was done for you, doesn't mean it didn't happen :) 

Nope never heard of them and we still have the same F'ed laws we always had, let us know when anything positive changes...

But we are prepared for worse with Murphy and not a thing any group tries to do will stop these tyrants. I seen them in Action in Trenton.

They are all treasonous and violate the US Constitution.

Acta non Verba

1 minute ago, Downtownv said:

Nope never heard of them and we still have the same F'ed laws we always had, let us know when anything positive changes...

But we are prepared for worse with Murphy and not a thing any group tries to do will stop these tyrants. I seen them in Action in Trenton.

They are all treasonous and violate the US Constitution.

Acta non Verba

What have you done to help?  Other than donate money.  It's very easy to point at a group and say they're not effective and proclaim what they should be doing.  Have you volunteered for anything with any group?

• Like 3

23 hours ago, jackandjill said:

What good has the stun gun decision done us?  We still can't carry them.  There is nothing that opens a door that was previously closed with gun rights.  You can now legally own a stun gun in your home, just like you previously could with a gun.