1LtCAP

if only i had the extra money

12 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

It’s the BATMOBILE!!! Who wouldn’t love that???!!!!

you'd prolly see me driving it, 'cause it'd be coming to/from work every day.....so i'd be driving right through stratford.

and yes....i would geek out enough to get myself a batman costume, lolol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

you'd prolly see me driving it, 'cause it'd be coming to/from work every day.....so i'd be driving right through stratford.

and yes....i would geek out enough to get myself a batman costume, lolol

Yeah brother!!!

7 minutes ago, tony357 said:

:blink: 460 ford with 2BBL..

dude.....it's a 77. what'd a 460 have in 77? 190hp? sheesh, lololol

my grandmothers 71 ltd wagon had a 390 2v.......and for the record, most of the auto shop guys at school wouldn't run me in after a bit, 'cause they lot. often. they had no problem running me in my grandpops 67 stang though....'cause that lil 289 2v wasn't exactly a power house. :)

i'm wondering if it's possible to get reasonable financing on something like this. i just paid off the gt.......if they managed a way for me to do payments in the realm of what i was paying monthly for the gt, i'd def. jump on this.

annnd.....i'd show up at @louu 's 3guns in it, lololol

I don't remember all of the details but the story goes something like this.  A mold was made from the Barris modified metal body of the Futura which the B mobile was built upon, three fiberglass bodies were then made from that mold. The mold cracked so another mold was made from the body of one of the stunt cars  Two or three more bodies were made.  The guy who made the second mold eventually sold the mold to someone who then started making replicas.  legal battles ensued.  Slight modifications were made, most notably, the iconic Bat logo was changed a little bit, just enough to not infringe on copyright.  Other minor details were modded.

Want to build your very own 66 Barris Batmobile?  Start here.

https://www.gothamcruisers.com/66cruiser.htm