Silphidae

OAKS for Powder?

I'd need to get #8 lbs of VV N320 and would rather not have it show up in the mail.  King's has the #4 lb jugs for $140, thoughts on potential to get this at this weekend's show for a better price?  

I went once during the great powder shortage a few years ago and was unimpressed, but that may not be a fair assessment.  

I'm trying to avoid shipping as I've been on a pretty silly spending spree lately and it's just easier to use cash and keep it off the radar.  

I figure it's about $255 from PV and $280 from King's.  For $25 difference it's worth local payment if at all possible!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lesniewv said:

Thanks, any thoughts if the main powder guys will be there tomorrow or is the weekend best?

I've been to the Oaks show twice on a Friday and from what I recall most of the vendors, including the ones with powder, are there by Friday.

2 minutes ago, Zouave said:

I've been to the Oaks show twice on a Friday and from what I recall most of the vendors, including the ones with powder, are there by Friday.

I think I’ll take a chance and show up tomorrow, thanks for all the input.  

last time the vendor all the way in the back was cheaper than the one infront of him I purchased auto comp from the 1st guy and it was 3 bucks cheaper at the guy in the back. so check both 1st before buying.. I paid 38.00 for auto comp at basspro only one pound wanted to try out my new 650 and bass pro is only 25 min from me.. I think it was 24.00 I paid and the other guy was 21.00 it was cheap..

16 hours ago, MartyZ said:

I tried to buy powder at oaks last year, way over priced. Was looking for 8208 XBR, cheapest for 8lbs was $180

Price on that went way up. $176 even now on PV website.  Switched to TAC with very similar results when PV had it on sale for  $147 del'vd.

8 hours ago, T Bill said:

Price on that went way up. $176 even now on PV website.  Switched to TAC with very similar results when PV had it on sale for  $147 del'vd.

I know the price went up. My point was that it was overpriced at oaks last year, when price was lower, meaning it would be even more expensive this year