Lambo2936

IDF rifle course

Hey fellas, my uncle served in the IDF and wants us (and his 16 year old son; his other kids are 13 and 10 and likely too young) to attend an IDF based training course. We found Cherev Gidon in PA @ 295/person for a 6 hr course (including the 1hr lunch break) but was wondering if there was anything better? Dont mind driving 2hrs to attend, thats no big deal. The 300$ isnt really an issue either, just wondering how they are as far as quality and what not. That is for a basic rifle course BTW which includes ammo.

Didnt read them but their facebook page came up on google with like 3.5 or 3.7 stars so figured id ask around.

Im not sure where would allow that. Im a member of R14 but i doubt they would let it fly?

We're 3 people. Me my uncle and my 16YO cousin. Im sure i could find others who are interested or im sure others on here would be. Would gladly pay for a course, never taken one and my skills are lacking severely. I simply have two little kids with a single income and it hasnt really been a priority, but id certainly consider one if my uncle was already going. He was in some sort of elite idf unit back in the day so id love to hit the range with him sometime, regardless.. Funny because i could never imagine most of my now-overweight family in uniform... little cousin is an officer, have some tank commanders and crap in the family.. father was one of a hand full who worked on the original F16s when they first came to their Air Force (skyhawks until then). 

spoke with my friend, he doesn’t feel comfortable running hot training with real ammo for untrained civilians, mostly because you have to break a firing line during the exercise, this is an example

he suggested very good alternative: dry run with paintball. If we will find enough people it could be interesting.

Btw the video is in Hebrew but it doesn’t matter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Matroskin said:

spoke with my friend, he doesn’t feel comfortable running hot training with real ammo for untrained civilians, mostly because you have to break a firing line during the exercise, this is an example

he suggested very good alternative: dry run with paintball. If we will find enough people it could be interesting.

I speak hebrew fluently; no issue haha.

18 hours ago, GRIZ said:

What makes IDF training better than our Army or Marine Corps?

Different, not better.

For instance, IDF clear rooms differently than US Forces.

The same can be said of US military, Police, and SWAT.

All work, but all work optimally in the optimal scenarios they were created for.

20 hours ago, Matroskin said:

Looks quite similar to US infantry tactics:

Other than the weaponry, not much of a difference.

5 hours ago, DirtyHalfBreedModerate said:

Different, not better.

For instance, IDF clear rooms differently than US Forces.

The same can be said of US military, Police, and SWAT.

All work, but all work optimally in the optimal scenarios they were created for.

The US Army was doing fire and maneuver exercises as part of basic training in 1967.  They still do so.

Yes there are different ways of clearing a room.  You may be introduced to the concept but you're not going to learn how to clear a room in 6 hours.

JMO

The US Army was doing fire and maneuver exercises as part of basic training in 1967.  They still do so.
Yes there are different ways of clearing a room.  You may be introduced to the concept but you're not going to learn how to clear a room in 6 hours.
JMO

Agreed, you won’t be prepped for a battle in 6 or 60 hours but it sure could be fun :). Is anyone on this forum is planning to use that knowledge - I seriously doubt it.