Sign in to follow this  
silverado427

PSA ammo notice for Cali residents

On 12/14/2017 at 9:39 PM, Bully said:

I'm sure that gun shops will be thrilled about having to store ammo that they don't make a profit on.  

They’ll make a profit cause they’re going to charge you making it more in parity with buying theirs.  

Simple question.  What if the online seller, who is in Montana, ships it anyway?  Who gets in trouble and how can they in force it?
Commie states can't do anything criminally to dealers or sellers in free states. They can try and sue them. NJ did just that to a distributor a couple years ago. NJ lost but it cost distributor over $100k in legal fees

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Commie states can't do anything criminally to dealers or sellers in free states. They can try and sue them. NJ did just that to a distributor a couple years ago. NJ lost but it cost distributor over $100k in legal fees

That's what I thought.  Unfortunately the websites that sell the ammo will cave when in fact they can tell the NJSP to go pound sand.  

Also, how can they even enforce this law?  Track your credit card statements?  Open your mail?  It's a law that is unfollowable and uninforceable.

4 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

That's what I thought.  Unfortunately the websites that sell the ammo will cave when in fact they can tell the NJSP to go pound sand.  

Also, how can they even enforce this law?  Track your credit card statements?  Open your mail?  It's a law that is unfollowable and uninforceable.

I don't know.  If its a crime in NJ, can they use federal charges because the post office was used?  How do they deal with pharmaceuticals and sex toys?  They're just a couple of things controlled by local standards.  Good question Ray.  I guess it depends on the gonad size of the shipper and the shipping company.  I know the FedEx driver knows exactly what he's bringing when he drops ammo off here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Simple question.  What if the online seller, who is in Montana, ships it anyway?  Who gets in trouble and how can they in force it?

When they ship aren't the boxes labeled ORM-D. What if,  They created another label for ammo. if it has it cannot be delivered to certain states, can be refused by carrier.

• Like 1

Go to your favorite store that will sell to you

Make the purchase in CASH

Return by a different route

Drive responsibly to not attract attention, take the wife ,kids, etc

Never consent to any type of search , make them get a search warrant

Be Polite too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bt Doctur said:

Go to your favorite store that will sell to you

Make the purchase in CASH

Return by a different route

Drive responsibly to not attract attention, take the wife ,kids, etc

Never consent to any type of search , make them get a search warrant

Be Polite too

Yup

It will be similar to MA. The AG has threatened to sue the ammo distributer who would ship ammo to the state. None of these companies want to deal with that mess but there are a few who secretly will ship it. People's lips are sealed as to who these dealers are tho

On 1/7/2018 at 6:35 PM, 1LtCAP said:

why buy ammo in a way that is easily tracked anyway? 'specially with the possibility that murphy will probably try to limit what/how much we can have on hand?

Unless NJ is now pulling the actual invoices for all online purchases, buying online is the best way to avoid being tracked. 

9 minutes ago, shooter28 said:

Unless NJ is now pulling the actual invoices for all online purchases, buying online is the best way to avoid being tracked. 

even better then me handing you cash and we're both on our ways? i don't think so.