Sign in to follow this  
revenger

lee auto prime shell holders in a frankford hand tool

Does anyone know if the Lee autoprime shell holders will fit a frankford arsenal hand priming tool,   I need the frankford arsenal shell holder for .45 auto rim and they dont seem to exist.  The Lee # 13  "looks " the same but want to be sure before I buy one.

The Frankford shell holders have a diameter of .884  and a height of .245     ,  RCBS diameter is .911, I was thinking of grinding off the flange on a RCBS but the diameter will make it difficult 

thanks

I can't find any of my Lee Shell Holders but if if this is the Frankford hand primer you were talking about the Shell Holders from it fit in this Lee primer so they must be the same thing

20171215_182452.jpg

20171215_182441.jpg

Also I'm selling the Frankford hand primer only used for 100 primers, make offer.

update on shell holders

The Lee shell holder does fit the Frankford Arsenal tool.    As mentioned by Tony the diameter is .811 and will fit into the tool.  The frankford holders are .785     The thickness is a few thousands more than the FA but I should be able to set the adjustment to compensate,  If not i'll just file off a few .000           once I prime some I'll post so if anyone else needs this info.

Update,  I loaded 100 .45 auto rim with the Frankford tool with a Lee autoprime shellholder and all loads fired fine.

Have been using an old RCBS hand primer for the last 30 years ( still works fine ) The handheld auto primers with the primer trays are good as now I just bring my loading kit to work and sit in my truck and prime all my brass during the day without having the primers spill all over.

Thanks for the replies.

• Like 1