gleninjersey

HYPOALLERGENIC DOGS & WHERE TO PURCHASE

Stay away from Labardoodle or Goldendoodle. They are assholes, ugly, and not natural. Also most have other mixes in there as well. Can't take a little dog mind and give it a big body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, capt14k said:

Stay away from Labardoodle or Goldendoodle. They are assholes, ugly, and not natural. Also most have other mixes in there as well. Can't take a little dog mind and give it a big body.

They are just mutts.  But overpriced, designer mutts which I refuse to pay for even if I had the money, which I don't right now.  Some of them are very cute.  But to be hypoallergenic you really need at least a second generation that has been bred with a full breed poodle at least twice.

Full sized poodles aren't small dogs.

The one we are getting is allegedly a poodle and schnauzer mix.  But it's really just a guess.  He's a rescue.  Around one year old.  Currently 28 pounds.  May get a little bigger but hopefully not too much bigger.  My wife never had pets growing up and isn't really a dog person.  But I'm sure she'll become one in short time.

• Like 1

Plus, if people never had a dog due to allergies and they want to own a dog and choose a "doodle dog" then great.  As long as they love it, take care of it and train it.  It's kind of like we want more people owning firearms.  But only if they are safe and follow the rules.  We don't want irresponsible people owning firearms.  Makes the rest of us look bad.

I've also found most asshole dogs are owned by asshole owners.

• Like 3

Plus, if people never had a dog due to allergies and they want to own a dog and choose a "doodle dog" then great.  As long as they love it, take care of it and train it.  It's kind of like we want more people owning firearms.  But only if they are safe and follow the rules.  We don't want irresponsible people owning firearms.  Makes the rest of us look bad.
I've also found most asshole dogs are owned by asshole owners.
Yes owners play a role, but I've seen one lab bite for no apparent reason (was previously owned by a cop and obviously beat by him before friends of mine adopted him) and I have seen 3 doodle mixes (2 golden and 1 lab) bite kids.

Luckily the mixes don't have the size and power of a full size lab. When that lab snapped it was 160 stitches before anyone could react. Reason the dog attacked was the owner rolled up a magazine to take into the bathroom with him. He was making a joke about the damage he was going to do to the toilet and I guess the lab saw the rolled magazine and flashbacked to the asshole cop who beat him as a puppy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, capt14k said:

Yes owners play a role, but I've seen one lab bite for no apparent reason (was previously owned by a cop and obviously beat by him before friends of mine adopted him) and I have seen 3 doodle mixes (2 golden and 1 lab) bite kids.

Luckily the mixes don't have the size and power of a full size lab. When that lab snapped it was 160 stitches before anyone could react. Reason the dog attacked was the owner rolled up a magazine to take into the bathroom with him. He was making a joke about the damage he was going to do to the toilet and I guess the lab saw the rolled magazine and flashbacked to the asshole cop who beat him as a puppy.

Yes owners play a role but....

Then you go on to tell us about the asshole owner. Sometimes the damage done can't be undone. 

• Like 2

Yes owners play a role but....

Then you go on to tell us about the asshole owner. Sometimes the damage done can't be undone. 

True but my real point was that is the only time I've ever seen or even heard of a lab turning aggressive. The stupid designer dogs I've seen 3 and all 3 bit a kid.

This may come as a surprise to some but the majority of dog owners don't know how to train the dog or have the money to pay for training. Thus why the right breed is important.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, capt14k said:

True but my real point was that is the only time I've ever seen or even heard of a lab turning aggressive. The stupid designer dogs I've seen 3 and all 3 bit a kid.

So, since you've seen three, that means all dogs in that breed bite kids?

This may come as a surprise to some but the majority of dog owners don't know how to train the dog or have the money to pay for training. Thus why the right breed is important.

No, the right OWNER is important. Don't get a dog (or a kid) if you can't afford to do the right thing and raise it right.

• Like 2

No, the right OWNER is important. Don't get a dog (or a kid) if you can afford to do the right thing and raise it right.

Nope but it does mean they have a lot higher percentage than labs and they are ugly stupid dogs that it is not natural to breed.

That would be great if irresponsible people couldn't buy dogs or have kids but that isn't reality. It seems many on this forum live in this fantasy world where everyone is responsible.

Yes owners play a role, but I've seen one lab bite for no apparent reason (was previously owned by a cop and obviously beat by him before friends of mine adopted him)

So, you think those previous experiences and memories with the cop were magically erased when the new family adopted it?

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

Nope but it does mean they have a lot higher percentage than labs and they are ugly stupid dogs that it is not natural to breed.

I hate to break it to your sheer knowledge, but Labs, goldens and poodles are the most intelligent dog breeds.

• Like 1

So, you think those previous experiences and memories with the cop were magically erased when the new family adopted it?

No I mentioned the cop because that in our opinion was why the dog snapped. This happens after they owned the dog for 6 years. We think the dog was beat with rolled up newspaper, magazine, etc and once the dog saw the rolled up magazine it had a flashback. I thought I was clear. How about quoting the whole post instead of making yourself look like a douchebag

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

No I mentioned the cop because that in our opinion was why the dog snapped. This happens after they owned the dog for 6 years. We think the dog was beat with rolled up newspaper, magazine, etc and once the dog saw the rolled up magazine it had a flashback. I thought I was clear. How about quoting the whole post instead of making yourself look like a douchebag

You were blaming the dog, instead of the previous owner.

Remember this quote of yours?

Yes owners play a role, but I've seen one lab bite for no apparent reason (was previously owned by a cop and obviously beat by him before friends of mine adopted him)

"No apparent reason" (except the dog's memory maybe)?

• Like 1

"No apparent reason" (except the dog's memory maybe)?

No apparent reason. Til we put together the past history with the rolled up magazine. Thus why you need to quote the whole post to not look like a douchebag. To be clear he didn't go towards the dog with the magazine he went towards the bathroom.

22 minutes ago, capt14k said:

That was completely unclear form your statements. I've seen labs get aggressive. My own did at one point as it got older and it's vision started going. Normally sweet as pie. Would start losing his shit if he got a stuffy nose and someone startled him. Fortunately stuffy noses weren't common. 

9 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Anecdotes are anecdotes. "Natural"? WTF is natural abbot pure bread dogs? Natural would be a world of random mutts banging away incessantly. 

• Like 2

Anecdotes are anecdotes. "Natural"? WTF is natural abbot pure bread dogs? Natural would be a world of random mutts banging away incessantly. 

Unnatural meaning a magestic English Lab would turn it's nose up at a poodle; if given a choice. I don't like poodles either.  

Someone wants a hypoallergenic dog get a dog with hair instead of fur. Shih Tzus are a cool dog. Lhasa Apso can be too but I had a mean one and nice one. Always wanted a Shipperke. Not sure if they have hair or fur.

Any animal dying is going to not be very happy. Goes for humans too. It's not often, if ever, you read about a Lab being put down for attacking a kid walking by.

Thus why you need to quote the whole post to not look like a douchebag.

Nope, people don't need to read your crazy a second time. They can scroll up if they need to.

12 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Anecdotes are anecdotes.

Not with Capt., anecedotes are undesputable facts.

To be clear he didn't go towards the dog with the magazine he went towards the bathroom.

Were you there to see the total interaction to know if the guy made any type of threatening move, smacked the magazine in his hand or wall, raised his voice, etc.?

Hearsay is inadmissible in a court of law, you should know that.

Dogs usually don't attack unless they're triggered by something.

• Like 2

Were you there to see the total interaction to know if the guy made any type of threatening move, smacked the magazine in his hand or wall, raised his voice, etc.? Hearsay is inadmissible in a court of law, you should know that. Dogs usually don't attack unless they're triggered by something.   

As a matter of fact I was there. Feel stupid? So you look like a douchebag for quoting half a post and taking it out of context, and you look like you have a total lack of reading comprehension. Re-read what I wrote. We were all in the living room of a Cape Cod when it took place. Blood everywhere. I used the phrase I've seen.

I think it is a reading comprehension problem. I corrected your reply to Greenday as well on the Kennedy thread.

Fourth day.  So far so good.  He was already house trained.  We woke me two days in a row letting me know it was time to go outside or have a YUGE turn on carpet.  

He has some bad habits such as play biting, pulling hard on leash during walks, jumping up on you, etc that we'll slowly start working on.  He's been through a lot the past six to eight weeks with being found, taken in, given up, placed in pound, then with shelter and now with us.   So not in rush to start hard core on training right away.  First thing is forming a bond and getting him settled in / comfortable with all of us.

Will  have to figure out how to reduce size of pictures to one or two new ones.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Fourth day.  So far so good.  He was already house trained.  We woke me two days in a row letting me know it was time to go outside or have a YUGE turn on carpet.  

He has some bad habits such as play biting, pulling hard on leash during walks, jumping up on you, etc that we'll slowly start working on.  He's been through a lot the past six to eight weeks with being found, taken in, given up, placed in pound, then with shelter and now with us.   So not in rush to start hard core on training right away.  First thing is forming a bond and getting him settled in / comfortable with all of us.

Will  have to figure out how to reduce size of pictures to one or two new ones.

Slow and steady wins the race!

99% of the time you get what you give.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 9:50 PM, High Exposure said:

We looked at Goldendoodles pretty hard. There was too much inconsistancy and too great a chance to grow allergic over time. You have to really track your generations to make sure you don’t get more Golden than Doodle.

Ideally, to avoid issues you want at least a pup from a second generation Goldendoodle that has been bred with a full Poodle.

If you go with a reputable breeder with consistent blood lines you should be fine. We have a Golden doodle and we have friends come over that are allergic and have no problem. They are very smart and sweet dogs. Our breeder is very highly recommended in the Doodle community. PM if you want their info, they are about 4 hours away.

• Like 1