Pew Pew Plates

New lightweight AR barrel offering by White Oak Armament

For those of you who don't know, White Oak Armament has been around a long time and is highly regarded in the High Power rifle match community.

Well, they are now breaking out into other areas!

They just released a sweet barrel geared towards the action sports.  It's an 18", with two features that really set it apart from the competition.

• Custom length gas system.  It is 1" shorter than rifle length, and of course this makes it longer than mid-length.  18" barrels running rifle length can sometimes be fickle, with such a short dwell time.  But, users of the rifle length system in 18" do so for the smother recoil impulse versus the mid-length and shorter gas systems.  This barrel does not give up much in means of added recoil feel, but it will ensure your rifle is healthily gassed for maximum reliability.
  • It's LIGHT!  1.9 pounds on the lightest 18" profile means you'll have your cake and eat it too.  What do I mean?  You'll have the recoil impulse like that of an 18" rifle gassed barrel, you'll have the velocity as well, but it will handle more like a 16"...or less!

I haven't gotten my paws on one to try just yet, but I know John at White Oak would not put out a barrel that doesn't perform.  He reports that groups don't shift with rapid firing even on the lightest contour.  We shall see!

If anyone winds up getting one of these, please let me know how you like it!

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/shop/barrels/varmint-target-informal-competition/3-gun-mk-223-5-56-18-1-8-twist-w-gas-tube.html

• Like 1