Sign in to follow this  
Haddoncoach

Sig P220 Combat

I am interested in getting a Sig P220 in .45.  I have a Sig P226 in 9mm and have been on the fence between a classic W. German old school internal extractor model or the new hi-tech Combat I’m reading up on.  

Does anyone have any constructive thoughts on which way I should go?

thanks!

I have the Combat and I like it. I did put Hogue grips on it to make the pistol a better fit for my hand. I shoot it pretty well.

If I were buying (only one) P220 today and could afford it, I'd be looking hard at the Legion SAO variant. (Apparently they stopped making the standard SAO variant, which was cheaper.)

Shoot the different models if you can. I don't know if any ranges are making Legion pistols available for rent. I haven't seen one myself

I have an older p220R and like it a lot. The legion has a great trigger. If I were looking for a new one, I’d be looking hard at the legion or the stainless elite (if you are good with the weight ) As it is I am thinking about the SRT kit and some new grips... 

I think a lot of the old ones didn’t have a rail if that matters to you. I like the option of putting on a light.

-Jim

4 hours ago, mustang69 said:

I have the sig p220 legion.   To me, the legion series is worth the extra cost when you consider everything that cones with it.

Is yours the DA/SA version, or the SAO?

15 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Is yours the DA/SA version, or the SAO?

My 220 IS THE DA/SA version.   I have a 226 Legion SA.   I also have the 229 Legion DA/SA. Frankly, when range shooting the DA/SA trigger on my 229 and 220 feels better than the trigger on the 226 SAO.

On 12/23/2017 at 0:21 PM, Haddoncoach said:

I am interested in getting a Sig P220 in .45.  I have a Sig P226 in 9mm and have been on the fence between a classic W. German old school internal extractor model or the new hi-tech Combat I’m reading up on.  

Does anyone have any constructive thoughts on which way I should go?

thanks!

If it were I, 220 legion and never blink