Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Peel

104-year-old hunter just keeps bagging deer

OK, now you hunters have a new life goal... to match THIS guy>>>  http://www.guns.com/2017/12/22/104-year-old-hunter-just-keeps-bagging-deer/  

Actually, we could all take a few pointers from him... even us non-hunters.

• He didn't even start hunting until age 65, proving that you're NEVER too old to pick up new skills, hobbies and interests.
  • He has taken at least 1 deer every year since then except for the one year he get seriously injured by a bull, so obviously, he stays young by living a full, active life. (I wonder, was he running with the bulls in Pamplona that particular year? The article didn't say... I'm just guessing! ;))  
  • He has taken 10 deer since turning 100, demonstrating that if you practice a skill regularly, you can retain it well into your later years! 

I'm definitely going to print this article out and share it with my elderly dad! He'll freakin' love it. :D

5 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Peel, you wanna hunt? Hit up @fishnut

Oh, gosh NO! I've come to accept that taking an animal with a clean shot that lived its life free and in nature... is likely more moral (not to mention more healthy)...  than buying the shrink-wrapped flesh of an animal that spent its entire life in captivity, often in filthy, overcrowded and inhumane conditions. 

That said, I still don't want to shoot Bambi! It's those big sad doe eyes! I'd have to be awfully damn hungry to cross that line. Hey, it's not for everyone. Given the choice, I just prefer to let someone else do the killing. 

Good for him! I didn't start until I wa middle age.  Always wanted to try hunting but didn't know anyone who hunted or had land.

Then one of my inlaws got married and their significant other's family had property they hunted on and were happy to have me join them.  

This fall will be my fourth year.  As the 104 year gentleman will probably tell you, each season gives you something to look forward to.  And no two seasons are alike.  

Can't wait for turkey season to start at the end of April!