Zeke

Eotech still has a bad rep?

on the other hand, the parent company cleared house after that incident and reorganized eotech with management and engineering teams from their aerospace division. the new eotechs are quite literally brand new from the ground up and are definitely good to go. i love mine

• Like 1

I believe I have an astigmatism and my preferred optic (Aimpoint) was always blurry to me.. so I switched to Eotech.. no problems to report so far.. and the dot is very clear to me with no distortion... I thought I would hate the ring.. but the ring is actually a nice reference point when shooting... For me its Eotech only now.. 

A lot of people get wrapped around the axle about the dot not being crisp. So what? 

I see a bit of a smear myself in my RDSs -  Aimpoints, Holosun, and RMRs. It doesn’t hamper my ability one bit.

Secret of the universe # 2388: A dot that isn’t crisp doesn’t matter.

First, turn down the brightness a click or two. It reduces the bloom and cleans up the dot.

Then pick a portion of the ‘smear’ or comet or * or whatever you see, and use that as your aiming point. Zero to that point on the reticle.

I pick the 12 o clock position of the top edge of the dot as my precise point of aim - consider it my “crosshairs”. If i need to be precise - I bisect what I want to hit with the top edge of my dot and I am good. If speed is more important than precision I can place the whole dot on my target.

Doesn’t matter if I have a dot, a triangle, a smear, or a comet.

Yes, if I had my druthers, I would choose a clear crisp aiming point in a reliable optic, but I know it isn’t necessary. I will choose a more reliable system with a dot that is less than perfect all day long.

• Like 2

I traded in my eotech during the whole debacle. Used the funds to pick up a T1. I still prefer the eotech reticle but don't have any issues with the aimpoint dot. The major issue to me is battery life. It's not even a competition. I will probably add another eotech at some point but only for a fun gun

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, High Exposure said:

A lot of people get wrapped around the axle about the dot not being crisp. So what? 

I see a bit of a smear myself in my RDSs -  Aimpoints, Holosun, and RMRs. It doesn’t hamper my ability one bit.

First, turn down the brightness a click or two. It reduces the bloom and cleans up the dot.

Then pick a portion of the ‘smear’ or comet or * or whatever you see, and use that as your aiming point. Zero to that point on the reticle.

I pick the 12 o clock position of the top edge of the dot as my precise point of aim - consider it my “crosshairs”. If i need to be precise - I bisect what I want to hit with the top edge of my dot and I am good. If speed is more important than precision I can place the whole dot on my target.

Doesn’t matter if I have a dot, a triangle, a smear, or a comet.

Yes, if I had my druthers, I would choose a clear crisp aiming point in a reliable optic, but I know it isn’t necessary. I will choose a more reliable system with a dot that is less than perfect all day long.

while I appreciate the point you are making.. I have been shooting in the summer.. winter.. sun.. dark.. 25yrd 300yrd with the Eotech.. and have not personally experienced anything to make me question the quality of the optic.. does that mean it won't fail? or course not.. but I can tell you one thing for sure.. and that is I definitely prefer the reticle on the Eotech now that I am used to it.. 

Even if the floating zero issue has been resolved, you still have a badly designed battery box prone to rupturing batteries, shitty battery life when compared to other viable options out there, and a stupid auto shutoff feature that can’t be disabled.

This all graciously provided by a company that purposefully hid known flaws in life saving equipment from users that depended on said equipment to keep themselves and others alive.

No thanks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Even if the floating zero issue has been resolved, you still have a badly designed battery box prone to rupturing batteries, shitty battery life when compared to other viable options out there, and a stupid auto shutoff feature that can’t be disabled.

This all graciously provided by a company that purposefully hid known flaws in life saving equipment from users that depended on said equipment to keep themselves and others alive.

No thanks.

I do not disagree with any point you have raised.. but at the end of the day my personal experience with the performance of a product trumps all.. even if a company is really shitty to people.. but they provide me the best tool for me.. then that is the tool I am going to get.. 

I am obviously not jumping up and down getting behind them in the way they handled things.. OR pretending that they are some reputable group of people.. 

I am just saying the optic.. appears to work really well for me.. thats all.. lol 

• Like 1

I prefer the lack of clutter in my sight picture that a single dot brings. With that being said, the timer showed me there was zero difference in performance between the two for me. My times on the clock were identical with either sight. So if performance was equal, then the next deciding criteria are battery life, durability, reliability and the mounting solutions. In those areas I found the Aimpoints to excel.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 0:49 PM, High Exposure said:

Not necessarily.   It matters a lot to the bullseye shooters  

While the workarounds you describe are all helpful, the brain likes aligning concentric circles, and a crisp round dot helps a lot in precision events  

I simply took my dot sight in to the eye doctor and had them fiddle with the astigmatism correction until the dot was perfect, then had glasses made up with thicker (safety) lenses.    It added a couple of points to my scores immediately.   I’d done the same thing years earlier with iron sights, letting the doc flip lenses around in the machine until the focus on the front sight was perfect. 

The eye doctor I’m seeing now told me he’d had a few people come in with dots or slides over the years. 

They may have cleared house, payed back their customers and said we are sorry.  But Gawd damn their prices are still too damn high.  Especially their scopes.

Bring the price down, have some budget friendly optics (ie, Aimpoint PRO) and try to regain their market share.

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

They may have cleared house, payed back their customers and said we are sorry.  But Gawd damn their prices are still too damn high.  Especially their scopes.

Bring the price down, have some budget friendly optics (ie, Aimpoint PRO) and try to regain their market share.

I do agree with this completely.. they are missing the mark completely..  if I had to pay anywhere near retail I don't know if I would be as all in as I am.. 

• Like 1

$75 rebate definitely helped. Idk, you get a lot for that money. Exps3 is nv compatible with an integrated cowitness qr mount. For $400 ish after rebate vs the $700 or so for a t2 + $$ for a mount it's pretty viable to me. Non nv, non cowitness version I've seen for $350 or so

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Not that I had any issues with my EOTech ever, but had I known about this 6 months ago I would have done the Refund anyways lol. I just switched to a Trijicon MRO, still have my EOTech XPS2-0. Not sure if I'll hold on to it or not for a different rifle, but if anyone is looking for one, PM me I may let it go. Like I said, works fine. I had no issue with it ever on my old rifle using a FSP, but with my current rifle and the flip ups I have some issues with washout, might be a bad battery.