ktd1597

Heckler and Koch P7M8

So you concede that there is a scenario where this is possible! :) We are making progress here as they say. I have a Stevens 30/30 bolt action rifle. I have NO interest in shooting it. I shot it about 40 years ago with my Grandfather that I was very close to. Its just not my thing. But it will never be fore sale even though I do not shoot it. He left it to me passing over his own two sons. His father left it to him. It will always serve as a memory of my grandfather and a representation of him. So it doesn't matter that I don't shoot it. That is not the value that it holds for me.

"I will also add that since it was already shot that the value will not diminish.   "

I thought it was posted at some point in time that it was unfired. Although I don't see that now, it certainly is the implication.

• Like 1

I think my dad was more concerned about value of the firearm and wasn't looking at it like a family possession.  It has become a family possession for me since my dad retired after 31 years (then passed away) and now I'm retiring.  I'll never sell it regardless of how much it's worth so I was kinda leaning toward shooting it.  I figured I would make sure that if I shoot it I'll take extra care of it (not that I abuse any my guns anyway). 

I guess it would take thousands of rounds to wear it out and I'm not likely ever shoot anything close to that much through it.  Kinda like having a Sunday driving car? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ktd1597 said:

I think my dad was more concerned about value of the firearm and wasn't looking at it like a family possession.  It has become a family possession for me since my dad retired after 31 years (then passed away) and now I'm retiring.  I'll never sell it regardless of how much it's worth so I was kinda leaning toward shooting it.  I figured I would make sure that if I shoot it I'll take extra care of it (not that I abuse any my guns anyway). 

I guess it would take thousands of rounds to wear it out and I'm not likely ever shoot anything close to that much through it.  Kinda like having a Sunday driving car? 

I think you found your answer..

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ktd1597 said:

If your dad was here now, and knew that shooting it wouldn't lower the value then he would be fine with you bustin some caps. 

7 hours ago, Shane45 said:

"I will also add that since it was already shot that the value will not diminish.   "

I thought it was posted at some point in time that it was unfired. Although I don't see that now, it certainly is the implication.

It was his duty gun, it had some rounds down range. 

On 12/27/2017 at 7:39 PM, ktd1597 said:

Troopers were allowed to purchase their own P7's separate from the one issued to them. 

My father was by no means a gun guy, but he saw value in the gun so he bought one ($345). 

When he gave it to me he made me promise not to shoot it. 

He said that would reduce the value of the gun.  My father was thinking "re-sale value" where I'm a shooter. 

You can hang me by my fingernails and I would never sell this gun for major sentimental reasons.

@Ray Ray Here buddy. I made a Cliffs Notes version for you. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

EVERYTHING I have said in this thread needs to be disregarded.

Except that the gun will eventually be shot.  

I'm pretty certain you are correct!!  ;)   Except not now.....it's 14 stinking degrees outside!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ktd1597 said:

I'm pretty certain you are correct!!  ;)   Except not now.....it's 14 stinking degrees outside!!

Someone will eventually pop her cherry.  Sorry to ruin your thread with my misinformation.