BlueLineFish

New pc carbine

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

If they do a .45, that can accept Glock 30 magazines... I’m sold.

Actually very happy to see it come from Ruger. They do listen to their customers, so considering they have an SR45, it is likely we may see one like I described.

I can see magwell adaptors for all the big name and popular calibers a hot item.  One rifle that shoots Glock AND S&W AND all the other new hotness right now is a great selling point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, checko said:

That thing is ugly af.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, honestly I find most PCC’s are kind of... well if not ugly at least odd looking. My wife’s cx4 is kind of funky looking to me but runs great. I am looking at a sub2k because I can get it to work with CZ75 magazines but it looks kind of anemically odd to me. Then there is the Hi Point.... well let’s just say it’s unique looking.

I might have to look into this one a bit though. I’d prefer Ruger over Kel Tec generally but the convenience of one magazine type, 4lbs and the fold-ability is a strong pull. The Ruger takedown is a nice feature though and the 10/22 action reliability is legendary...

-Jim

Well, honestly I find most PCC’s are kind of... well if not ugly at least odd looking. My wife’s cx4 is kind of funky looking to me but runs great. I am looking at a sub2k because I can get it to work with CZ75 magazines but it looks kind of anemically odd to me. Then there is the Hi Point.... well let’s just say it’s unique looking.
I might have to look into this one a bit though. I’d prefer Ruger over Kel Tec generally but the convenience of one magazine type, 4lbs and the fold-ability is a strong pull. The Ruger takedown is a nice feature though and the 10/22 action reliability is legendary...
-Jim
True. I actually don't mind the cx4. Even the pistol caliber ar's are funny looking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I can see magwell adaptors for all the big name and popular calibers a hot item.  One rifle that shoots Glock AND S&W AND all the other new hotness right now is a great selling point.

48 minutes ago, Zouave said:

What?!  No love for Sigs? 

New hotness=New hotness

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/28/new-release-ruger-pc-carbine-9mm/amp/#ampshare=http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/28/new-release-ruger-pc-carbine-9mm/

I have had several PCCs over the years.

CX4 was my favorite, but I sold it in a time of need and have not been willing to pay $700 to replace it. Was never a fan of the looks of it or the sights, but it shot great.

Sub 2K in .40 was not pleasant to shoot. Sold it.

Marlin Camp 9 was pleasant to shoot, but I did not care for its quirks. Or cleaning it. Sold it.

This one has caught my attention. Reversible mag release and charging handle, glock magazine adapter included, rails, good sights and..... it's a takedown!!! I love my 10-22 takedown with the magpul backpacker stock. 

Ruger might just get more of my money in the near future.

• Like 1

I stopped at my LGS on the way home from work today to try to order one. He was told by Davidsons GOG that they haven't been released to the distributors yet and probably won't be until after they debut at Shot show. Price should be a little under $600 out the door.

$600 would be approaching a 50% markup. 

I guess they will sell for that for those that NEED one ASAP. 

Wait about one month after hitting the shelves and get one for about $490ish. 

• Like 5

The price he gave me was around $590 "ish" (I don't remember the exact number)  and included tax and NCIS, so not far off from Sportsman once you figure in NICS and FFL transfer fees. The rep from Davidsons said that they got a lot of calls today about the gun and expect it to be a hot seller so who knows if the "Need one ASAP"  guys will drive the price up

If it was in .30 Carbine I would likely buy one. Just so I could pretend it was a M1 Carbine. I really have to get out of this Communist Hell Hole.

I liked the CX4 Storm's accuracy, but it just didn't fit my collection.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Unless Ruger's corporate attitudes has changed, look for a limited supply on the first issue that will sell out early then a long wait until the second batch is released.  It's always been like that.  

1 hour ago, mossburger said:

Scale this up and chamber it in 5.56 or 7.62x39 please

If anything, make a bunch of common magwell adaptors for all the big name pistol companies.  Not just Glock.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Why?  Plenty of proven platforms out there that aren't fugly.

For people in places like CA or NY or god forbid maybe even here, where you essentially cannot have a pistol grip. Those monster man grips are stupid, I've tried them out of curiosity and at that point would rather just have a regular stock.