BlueLineFish

New pc carbine

11 hours ago, T Bill said:

Supposed to start shipping next week. Don't know if that includes ban state model.

Yes, sites I've checked are currently taking pre-orders.  

I have the older version, which they discontinued, and I absolutely love it.  Came with an RDS (Tasco, which I replaced with a Sig Romeo 5), a sling, and three 15 round mags.  I believe even with the new laws we're expecting, it should be OK, except for the mags.  

BTW, I have six shotguns, all Mossbergs.  Four are 500's in varying configurations, and the other two are a 590 A1 and a 930, which came with 18.5 and 28" barrels.  FWIW, I have replaced the cheap plastic safeties on all of them with the enhanced metal ones. 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2018 at 10:24 PM, T Bill said:

Supposed to start shipping next week. Don't know if that includes ban state model.

One of my distributors got some of the "non compliant" models in on Wednesday. My sales reps said he didn't call me until after they were gone because he thought we weren't allowed to have threaded barrels in NJ :facepalm:

He thought they were going to get the "compliant" models in soon, possibly Thursday, but then it snowed (there as well) so I don't know what's going with that yet....

Wait, can we get a regular PC carbine or are we forced to get the compliant model?

I don’t see the rules any different than the 10/22.... no butchering it which is why I may buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, can we get a regular PC carbine or are we forced to get the compliant model?

HGW posted one with a threaded barrel on Facebook... and quickly sold it. So, I’ll take that as either model is good to go, judging the magazines are compliant (the one with the threaded barrel is 17 rounds).

8 minutes ago, Screwball said:

HGW posted one with a threaded barrel on Facebook... and quickly sold it. So, I’ll take that as either model is good to go, judging the magazines are compliant (the one with the threaded barrel is 17 rounds).

So they have a model with a threaded barrel and crappy 10 round mags?

So they have a model with a threaded barrel and crappy 10 round mags?

Non-threaded comes with 10 rounder. Threaded comes with 17 rounder. Either have the high capacity one pinned or swapped out.

The magazine is a Ruger SR9 magazine... not like it comes with Glock magazines. It just comes with a magazine adapter for Glock magazines.

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

Non-threaded comes with 10 rounder. Threaded comes with 17 rounder. Either have the high capacity one pinned or swapped out.

The magazine is a Ruger SR9 magazine... not like it comes with Glock magazines. It just comes with a magazine adapter for Glock magazines.

Can we please refrain from calling standard capacity magazines "high capacity"? It fits THEIR narrative........Not OURS!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Can we please refrain from calling standard capacity magazines "high capacity"? It fits THEIR narrative........Not OURS!

Absolutely.  If the manufacturer ships a gun with a 30 round mag, that makes it a standard magazine.  I think we should start calling 15 round magazines "infringed capacity magazines".

• Like 2

No... because per NJ law, which was being discussed, the 17 rounder is high capacity. It is actually “large capacity ammunition magazine,” but I’m not writing that out each and every time.

If you really think that calling it something different will change their views, I’m sorry... but it isn’t going to matter much when the 5 round limit comes rolling up. The only way they won’t vote on that is if less than five comes up.

I understand your point, but not making that much of a difference to scold people on the same side about it.

9 hours ago, Screwball said:

No... because per NJ law, which was being discussed, the 17 rounder is high capacity. It is actually “large capacity ammunition magazine,” but I’m not writing that out each and every time.

If you really think that calling it something different will change their views, I’m sorry... but it isn’t going to matter much when the 5 round limit comes rolling up. The only way they won’t vote on that is if less than five comes up.

I understand your point, but not making that much of a difference to scold people on the same side about it.

I am sorry if you took it as scolding. That was so not my intention at all! We have gotten used to calling any mag over 15 high capacity here in the PRNJ when it's really a standard capacity mag anywhere in free America. I feel if WE keep calling the over 15 rounders hi capacity long enough, we may start to believe that lie ourselves!

• Like 2

I am sorry if you took it as scolding. That was so not my intention at all! We have gotten used to calling any mag over 15 high capacity here in the PRNJ when it's really a standard capacity mag anywhere in free America. I feel if WE keep calling the over 15 rounders hi capacity long enough, we may start to believe that lie ourselves!

Didn’t take it any specific way... but it reads very clear.

I’ve heard people say that same thing countless times. But when it comes down to it, there are high capacity magazines. They are magazines over a specific limit within a jurisdiction... NJ being over 15, CA being over 10, etc. A 17 rounder, as we were talking about, is high capacity for NJ, as the legal limit is 15 for semi-auto firearms. If you have the same magazine in PA, which does not have a magazine limit, it is not high capacity. When I leave NJ and move to NM/TX, there isn’t a high capacity magazine, due to their legislation not having a limit on magazine capacity.

The argument about “standard” or “normal” capacity magazines is just something that goes along the lines of “clip” verses “magazine”... just there really isn’t a “correct” answer with this one. It is only brought up between people on the same side, which if anything, turns people away from fighting/standing with you for the 2nd Amendment. As I said... someone who wants to take your guns away isn’t going to give a damn what you call a specific magazine. That just isn’t an argument that will sway their views. It will just go to, “if that is standard capacity, we should just get rid of all guns that use magazines!”

Stating that, you are definitely entitled to your opinion. However, with Murphy about to be sworn in... I think the fight should be focused elsewhere.

I was simply making a point! I was not suggesting this should be the focus of any fight. You have chosen to make a mountain out of a molehill!

Quote Screwball, "The argument about “standard” or “normal” capacity magazines is just something that goes along the lines of “clip” verses “magazine”... just there really isn’t a “correct” answer with this one."

Now you asked for it!  a magazine feeds the firearm, and clips feed magazines which then feed the firearm. Quite a distinction between the 2 very different objects! Much like the distinction between a standard capacity magazine and a high capacity magazine which is a  magazine capable of holding more than the standard number of rounds commonly provided by the manufacturer. Such high capacity magazines are often unreliable. 

Now to our 15, 10, 5 round magazines in New Jersey........These SUB standard capacity magazines are simply unconstitutional and the logic behind them in simply nonexistent!

1tahchY.jpg

• Like 2

I was simply making a point! I was not suggesting this should be the focus of any fight. You have chosen to make a mountain out of a molehill!

You can make your point all you want, but if it was important enough for you to bring up... I can at least answer it. Don’t like my answer/view, I’m sorry for that. But really, I’ll continue to call it high capacity... as it is correct for the laws being discussed.

Now you asked for it!

Reread that sentence you quoted... I compared the “high capacity” argument to the clip/magazine one... then stated there isn’t a correct answer for “this one.”

“This one,” which doesn’t have a correct answer, is the “high capacity” argument. You might noticed I continued to talk about that one, and not clip/magazine, after that statement... right?

I didn’t ask for it because you misread it. And being I have a very large background in surplus rifles, I am very aware of that. But thanks for the refresher.... [emoji106]

I usually just refer to the magazine by size. 10 round, 15 round, 20 round, 30 round etc. Many firearms only have one size. For instance a Argentine FN-49 only came in 20 round. My 15 round Argentine FN-FN-49 magazine if anything I refer to it as neutered.
@Screwball I thought you were heading North? If you go to NM there is a good group of collectors in the Albuquerque area.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

[mention=4929]Screwball[/mention] I thought you were heading North? If you go to NM there is a good group of collectors in the Albuquerque area.

Have two positions that really comes down to my decision... CBP in Houlton, MA or BPA in NW/West TX.

MA is nice, but a little too cold for my liking. I originally liked it because of the area... but might as well try for Alaska, in regards to being out in the sticks. Some of the postings were in “towns” with less than 200 people. After this past storm, I’m done with the snow like this. Going north would be an adjustment, and I know I could do it, but boring and snow that I rather not deal with.

Border Patrol is a little more dangerous, but also gives my fiancé plenty of job opportunity... considering she works with horses. With all the push with Trump and that border, I think there will be more opportunity than over the past years. Plus, BP does do a lot with horses, so might be able to find a civilian position that she would like.

Pay-wise, I’ll be making a little more going south... with A LOT more room to advance. Had two cousins that went BP... one didn’t like it, became a teacher; other is currently in DEA (worked in San Juan, and currently in Philadelphia). Personally feel it is a better fit for me, considering the Agents I’ve met/talked to (a couple on Pistol-Forum). Cost of living is roughly the same for each. 2nd Amendment is still alive in all three states, so I’m fine with them (that TAC-14 I got may get a tax stamp for adding a stock, along with a SBR/suppressor for a CZ Scorpion).

CBP, which BP is part of, needs people up in MA. BP needs A LOT of people on the Southern border. Qualified for both, get the higher grade due to education/GPA, so there isn’t much difference between the two applications... plus, things like medical and polygraph are lumped together for both.

@Screwball you meant Maine (ME) correct? Personally I would have gone North just because I prefer the cold and change of seasons. Which I guess you can get in NM. Not so much in South Texas. Also after seeing Breaking Bad not sure how crazy I would be about dealing with Cartels. No family, No problem. Having family I would be too nervous. Good Luck to you wherever you ultimately end up and stay safe.

@Screwball you meant Maine (ME) correct? Personally I would have gone North just because I prefer the cold and change of seasons. Which I guess you can get in NM. Not so much in South Texas. Also after seeing Breaking Bad not sure how crazy I would be about dealing with Cartels. No family, No problem. Having family I would be too nervous. Good Luck to you wherever you ultimately end up and stay safe.

Yep... I should just write it out. Abbreviations default to MA on my iPhone, since she is from there. Guess you write it in text enough, it starts to remember it.

I specifically opted for NM and West Texas over South Texas. Other option was CA... which no way would I go there.

Going into L/E, figured there is always going to be some risk.

Thanks. [emoji106]

On 2/6/2018 at 10:43 PM, gfl216 said:

So, did anybody get their hands on one of these yet?

I'm wondering the same thing. Has anyone added one to their safe yet?

Any thoughts?

I'm looking for a 9mm carbine, and the PC Carbine is on the list, one major reason, I can use my existing SR9 mags.... that's a plus.

Also looking at the CZ Scorpion, but then again, will require new mags. I'll really getting tired of buying new mags for any new "present".

The last one on my list is a Wilson Combat AR9. I should just pull the trigger and get it, even though the price is up there. After all, I'm worth it (at least that's what I tell my wife). :)

Got one two days ago.... previously had the cx4 which was a great shooter but the look of it and coupled with the need for berretta mags I ended up selling it for more then I paid for it. Shot the ruger today and ran 200 asst rounds including HPs and  reloads it ran flawlessly not one issue. Set it up for the controls minus the safety to run from the left side. Accuracy was really good even out to 100 yds on Q targets with the iron ghost ring sight. Ran Glock mags even though I do not own a Glock. Hopefully someone (ruger) will make additional adapters. As previously mention given this states laws and what might be coming this is a great gun and I will by another. Cost was 529 and NICS.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, redwings9 said:

Got one two days ago.... previously had the cx4 which was a great shooter but the look of it and coupled with the need for berretta mags I ended up selling it for more then I paid for it. Shot the ruger today and ran 200 asst rounds including HPs and  reloads it ran flawlessly not one issue. Set it up for the controls minus the safety to run from the left side. Accuracy was really good even out to 100 yds on Q targets with the iron ghost ring sight. Ran Glock mags even though I do not own a Glock. Hopefully someone (ruger) will make additional adapters. As previously mention given this states laws and what might be coming this is a great gun and I will by another. Cost was 529 and NICS.

I got mine a few days ago from Jersey Sportsman, the new FFL in downtown Lacey. Bill and Linda are awesome people. Check them out sometime. $549 plus tax and NICS. Perhaps if I waited a few months, I coulda got it for closer to $500, but I would rather support the new shop in town and have the gun now. Delaying gun gratification has never been one of my strengths.

He got in 3 last week, 2 were spoken for and this one sat on his shelf for 7 days!  I had it home Wednesday afternoon after a 3 hour NICS check. I have not shot it yet, but I really like the feel of the gun...very solid. I also have it set up for left side controls. The sights are fantastic... at least they seem that way as I aim at my shed out the window. I am thinking about a tiny laser for the short picatinny out front. I haven't owned a laser yet, but this may be the right platform to try it on.

I think Ruger is hitting lots of home runs lately.... 10/22 takedowns, precision rifle in centerfire and .22, Security 9, and that 8 shot .357 Redhawk looks fantastic. The company seems to be willing to take risks that others don't. They also seem to pay attention to trends and react much faster than other companies. If Marlin woulda made a decent updated Camp 9, they woulda sold thousands of them.

If Ruger doesn't make magwell adapters for just about everything out their, they are fools. I would buy Beretta 92 and Sig P320 inserts in a heartbeat. As it stands, I will pick up a couple Glock mags soon, probably G26 mags. No sense buying 15s at this point, IMHO. Not saying I won't buy proper G17s at Cabellas to hide away.

I am also hoping that caliber conversions are coming. With the barrel, magazine well and the bolt face all super modular, this seems a no brainer. .45 ACP? 10mm? Yes please!

Oh, forgot to mention. The PC fits perfectly in my 10/22 takedown bag and my Marlin Papoose bag.

Yeah, I am on a takedown kick lately.

Really hoping Magpul makes a backpacker type stock for the PC.

• Like 1