BlueLineFish

New pc carbine

You Will love shooting it. Plus one for the sig mags as I have a ton. Broke down and ordered more Glock mags which got here right after I got back from shooting. Love the takedown feature and cleaning is a breeze. Tried for years to get a marlin camp carbine but everyone wanted crazy money for them. Good luck.

4 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

I have the old Ruger PC 9 (Police Carbine).  Picked it up used a couple of years ago.  The thing is great!  Easy to shoot, runs like a beast.

Trying to decide if I need the new version.  

Yes, and so am I when I can find it.  Fits in a 10/22 takedown bag, awesome. Another use for Glock mags, too!

I was able to get to my indoor range today with my Ruger PC Carbine and all I can say is..... WOW!

Sights are right on out of the box. One big, ragged hole at 25 yards. The ergos on this gun are fantastic. So much better than the Beretta Storm, IMHO. The sights make the gun. Not a single failure in 300 rounds of mixed-mag FMJ and HP ammo using Glock 19 mags. This thing is amazing!!!

I also brought along my Stainless Ruger 10/22 TD, resting in the Magpul FDE backpacker, equipped with Tech Sights. Again, perfect zero out of the box. I then dialed in the Bushnell TRS25 to co-witness with irons. This is the 4th set of Tech Sights I have purchased. I highly recommend them.

If Magpul makes a backpacker for the PC Carbine, I will be the first in line with an open wallet.

I am loving the takedown rifle lifestyle!

I picked up a used Marlin Papoose last month from Cheyenne that will be my next pet project....cheap, light, packable.

7 minutes ago, tuktuk said:

sign me up ... 

recommendations for a good muzzle break for it ?

the one that doesn’t make everybody deaf around you and doesn’t throw them around :) 

I bought the compliant model....no threaded barrel, 10 round mag. 

I see no need for a muzzle brake. It is 9mm out of a 18" barrel. Very soft to shoot and no muzzle blast at all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

Where did you get it? I can't find one anywhere.

I got very lucky.

I got mine from Jersey Sportsman on Rt. 9 in Lacey.

Bill, the owner, posted on FB that he took in 4 PCs, 3 were spoken for, 1 was put on the shelf. I stopped into look at it and it was still there 5 days later when I had the cash to make the deal. I could not believe it lasted that long.

Bill and his wife Linda are very good people. Stop in to see them & buy a box of ammo. I like having local gun shops around and try to support them as much as possible.

2 hours ago, dajonga said:

If you want to try it out, let me know and we can meet up at GSSC.

Very generous offer. I just may take you up on it. I had knee today so I will be out of action for a few weeks but when I heal up I will reach out

Just now, gfl216 said:

Very generous offer. I just may take you up on it. I had knee today so I will be out of action for a few weeks but when I heal up I will reach out

Heal well and let me know when you are ready to shoot.

2 hours ago, dajonga said:

Heal well and let me know when you are ready to shoot.

Thank you, and I'm definitely going to check out  Jersey Sportsman. Funny, I just saw that place for the first time last week. I must have driven past it 100 times and never knew they were there.

1 minute ago, gfl216 said:

Thank you, and I'm definitely going to check out  Jersey Sportsman. Funny, I just saw that place for the first time last week. I must have driven past it 100 times and never knew they were there.

They have only been a FFL for a short time. They have been there selling ammo for awhile.

1 hour ago, dajonga said:

I bought the compliant model....no threaded barrel, 10 round mag. 

I see no need for a muzzle brake. It is 9mm out of a 18" barrel. Very soft to shoot and no muzzle blast at all.

copy.

i just like the way muzzle break looks on a gun , just a personal preference for esthetics  :) 

On 3/5/2018 at 5:51 PM, Junior said:

Anyone been able to locate one in NJ? Been calling different shops on and off for 2 weeks. Nothing yet

Had a couple in the last few weeks.

If you are still looking just sign up for my emails and you'll get notified

Can someone opine if we go more evil features laws in NJ will this rifle fall into scope?  It is not a pistol grip.  And if you go crown barrel that is not a brake issue.  

Would it just be a semi auto rifle with detachable mag?   Would that never be an assault rifle?

1 hour ago, Barms said:

Can someone opine if we go more evil features laws in NJ will this rifle fall into scope?  It is not a pistol grip.  And if you go crown barrel that is not a brake issue.  

Would it just be a semi auto rifle with detachable mag?   Would that never be an assault rifle?

Who knows for sure. None of the proposed new laws if enacted would change the non threaded PC Carbine's status.