BlueLineFish

New pc carbine

Under the upcoming AWB modifier bill, since this has a detach mag that's all you could have, the bill in its present form says no brake and retains the flash hider prohibition, so you would probably be limited to a fluted barrel or straight barrel. 

9 hours ago, SJG said:

Under the upcoming AWB modifier bill, since this has a detach mag that's all you could have, the bill in its present form says no brake and retains the flash hider prohibition, so you would probably be limited to a fluted barrel or straight barrel. 

So now tell me please, under (2)(a)(iv) of A3697, where will your non-trigger hand be during use of this semiauto rifle?

If it is gripping any part of the rifle, I'm afraid that the gunbanners here in the PRNJ will say that you've utilized ANOTHER EVIL FEATURE and the rifle IS THEREFORE AN ASSAULT WEAPON under the new definitions.

"(2)   Any firearm manufactured under any designation which is substantially identical to any of the firearms listed above, and including, but not limited to:

(a)   a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:

(i)    a folding or telescoping stock;

(ii)   a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action  of the weapon;

(iii) a thumbhole stock;

(iv) a second hand grip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;

(v) a bayonet mount;

(vi) a flash suppressor, muzzle break, muzzle compensator, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor,  muzzle break, or muzzle compensator; or

(vii) a grenade launcher; "

Read the entire text of the bill HERE

IMHO if A3697 (the AW Redefiniton Bill) becomes law, ALL SEMIAUTO RIFLES that accept detachable mags will become Assault Weapons. We will be screwed royally. WE MUST FIGHT THIS.

So as of now with NJ laws the threaded barrel is allowed because there is no pistol grip.  Is that correct?   And can any brake be put on it?   Not welded?   Please just remind me again the reasons why this threaded barrel is NJ legal?   Don’t want to be a pain we are just so programmed to believe rile + threaded barrel = illegal 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 11:47 PM, Barms said:

So as of now with NJ laws the threaded barrel is allowed because there is no pistol grip.  Is that correct?   And can any brake be put on it?   Not welded?   Please just remind me again the reasons why this threaded barrel is NJ legal?   Don’t want to be a pain we are just so programmed to believe rile + threaded barrel = illegal 

Yes you can put a brake on it. Your allowed 2 evil features. Detachable mag and threaded barrel. Since there is no pistol grip your good to go. 

38 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

So what is the general opinion on these? I've seen both good and bad reviews.

I'm thinking about picking one up but not sure. Anyone who owns one I would like to here what you think.

I have one. Sadly, I have only had it out twice in the past 5 months for a total of about 300 rounds. It is a lot of fun to shoot. I have had no failures of any kind. I run Glock mags in it. I really like the ghost ring sights. 

If you want, we could meet up at GSSC and you can try it out. 

42 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

So what is the general opinion on these? I've seen both good and bad reviews.

I'm thinking about picking one up but not sure. Anyone who owns one I would like to here what you think.

I'll give you my opinion in the next few days.  Just picked mine up today.

• Like 1

I got one last weekend (from the great Monmouth Arms) and ran 250 flawless rounds through it using Glock mags. I love it. Super fun to shoot, great trigger, and accurate. I had a new shooter with me and he really enjoyed it as well. Can’t wait to take it out again this weekend.

Took my PC9 to the range today.  Fired about 6 different kinds of ammo at 50yds. 200 rds total. Best group was Federal 115 FMJ about 1 1/2".  Worst was a lead bullet reload at 2 1/2".  The rest was NATO FMJ, Speer Gold Dot, WW Silvertip, and Federal 124 gr Nyclad.  They all shot 2" groups. This was with the iron sights on the gun and Glock magazines.  Nice trigger on the gun and sights easy to acquire fast.

The lead reload often causes failures to eject and stovepipes due to low velocity (good for training clearing malfunctions though).  These and all other rounds functioned flawlessly.

Depending on ammo about 3" high at 50 yds gives you a 100 yd zero. 

My only dislike is you need 2 sizes hex wrenches.  One to field strip the gun and another to adjust the sights.  One usually has a screwdriver on a multi tool or Swiss Army knife but most of us don't  carry around hex wrenches.

For as good as the gun is I'll get over the hex wrench issue.

• Like 3

I have one, using plastic Glock mags, Romeo5 Red Dot, made aluminum risers to get the stock iron sights to co-witness with the Red Dot, guns runs perfect. Did have the Red Dot come loose during a competition, that made things interesting. Tried to keep it where it belonged with one hand while shooting with the other. That is the reason I now have the sights co-witnessing. The Romeo5 hid the stock sights in their stock location.

I put a brake on there, useless. Put a large mag release on it, very useful, but have to remember it's location and size when swapping mags, can easily be hit by accident, but once you are used to it, very worthwhile to have.

Why there is no bolt release is beyond me. For normal shooting, no issue. For competition and you forget your round count and run it dry, pain in the butt. When fractions of a second matter, a bolt release like my CX4 has would be very nice!

I use it for Knockdown Steel, nice little gun, but kinda long and heavy compared to my CX4.

I find myself very interested in this Ruger PCC during the great guns and ammo shortage of 2020.  I've managed to locate one online. I'll also try our local NJ FFLs if I decide to go ahead with the purchase.   I'm liking the threaded barrel version and I was thinking of adding this KVP linear comp when I get it:

https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/KVP-Linear-Compensator-p/kvp-linear-blk.htm

In the video it shows an -8db sound reduction on 9MM which is impressive. 

If anyone has any further thoughts on the PCC or the linear comp, I'd love to hear them.  Also, why is 9MM ammo going for $1/rd on gunbroker?  Strange times.

(P.S.  Sorry to resurrect an old thread. )

Having shot the Ruger PC Carbine and PC Charger - it's a great gun.  The KVP Comp is fine - just make sure you get the 9mm version.  The 1/2x28 threading is correct on the Ruger PCC.  Honestly it's not really needed though - the PCC does not recoil that much.

• Like 1

I was at Heritage Guild in Easton PA today.  They had a couple of Ruger PC Carbines in stock (model 19100 - threaded barrel, 17 round mag)

I asked about buying one and having them keep or discard the magazine and they said they couldn't do it.  Even so, they said the threaded barrel made it illegal in NJ.  I countered that it was only one "evil" feature and much like the pistol grip on ARs, one feature was allowed in NJ.  In any case I couldn't buy it there so I asked about having it shipped to my NJ FFL and they could pin the mag and deal with the barrel "if needed" and Heritage Guild said mag pinning was also illegal in NJ after Dec 18, 2019.

Also, I tried buying an AR15 stripped lower and they said that too couldn't be sold to me in PA but I could buy it in their NJ branch.

I am really confused at this point. Anyone really clear on the issues above? ( I think they were wrong about the threaded barrel.  I am not sure about the other points brought up by them.)

1 hour ago, StarGazer said:

I was at Heritage Guild in Easton PA today.  They had a couple of Ruger PC Carbines in stock (model 19100 - threaded barrel, 17 round mag)

I asked about buying one and having them keep or discard the magazine and they said they couldn't do it.  Even so, they said the threaded barrel made it illegal in NJ.  I countered that it was only one "evil" feature and much like the pistol grip on ARs, one feature was allowed in NJ.  In any case I couldn't buy it there so I asked about having it shipped to my NJ FFL and they could pin the mag and deal with the barrel "if needed" and Heritage Guild said mag pinning was also illegal in NJ after Dec 18, 2019.

Also, I tried buying an AR15 stripped lower and they said that too couldn't be sold to me in PA but I could buy it in their NJ branch.

I am really confused at this point. Anyone really clear on the issues above? ( I think they were wrong about the threaded barrel.  I am not sure about the other points brought up by them.)

They are right about the receivers, receivers and handguns can only be picked up at an FFL in the state you reside. 

I think they are wrong about the threaded barrel on the PC and pinning of magazines. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, areacode201 said:

This looks cool but I still have my eyes on a Beretta CX4 as I already have 92 mags.  Has anyone seen a CX4 in stock lately new or used?

Gunbroker always has a few up for sale. I beleive they stopped or slowed production of them to the US to fulfill contracts for the time being.

• Like 1

Jack's suggestion is probably best; although GunBroker pricing is making NJ FFLs seem like 5&10 discounters.  I've traveled around the state visiting FFLs looking for the Ruger PC 9 carbine and never saw a CX4.  I did see a H&K USC 45 ACP Carbine at Heritage Guild in Branchburg and Cheyenne in Bordentown, this week.  I know it's not in the same caliber or price point; but throwing out there for the wider audience.

38 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

I just had an ADHD moment and it looks like a Ruger PC carbine is heading to my local FFL :clapping:

I started down that path and now I'm due to go look at a Kriss Vector next week instead. Well done for stopping at Ruger money.

2 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

I started down that path and now I'm due to go look at a Kriss Vector next week instead. Well done for stopping at Ruger money.

Kiss vector ain't worth it, the entire system was designed for full auto..

I'd rather go with a scorpion or mpx, or if you really just can't help yourself, splurg on an mp5