BlueLineFish

New pc carbine

56 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Kiss vector ain't worth it, the entire system was designed for full auto..

I'd rather go with a scorpion or mpx, or if you really just can't help yourself, splurg on an mp5

An MP5 has been on my dream list since I was a kid watching the SAS storm the Iranian Embassy.  However, I can't stand the look of an MP5 with a 16" barrel - it's just wrong.

The Scorpion's direct blowback design is no better than the Ruger PC Carbine. I shot one and it wasn't as good as I would expect. 

The MPX is gas/piston operated so is much better, but has a reputation for being very gassy and the mags are more expensive than if they had HK written on them.

The other option was a CMMG Resolute.

My thinking is the delayed blowback of the Vector still applies in semi auto so I'm going to give it a try.

I also kinda like the odd looks of the Vector so if it works I'd prefer it over another AR looking rifle.

A bonus is that I already have Glock mags that will run in the Vector (also applies to the Ruger and CMMG)

Do you know of any particular issues with the Vector to watch out for when I go for a test drive?

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

I'd rather go with a scorpion or mpx,

I second the Scorpion. I originally looked at the PC carbine, and even though I like Ruger, it was just too "Plain Jane" for me. So, I went with the Scorpion, which actually has a bunch of options, and is cooler (and shoots like a dream).

th?id=OIP.P32C5QLedwbXpQz2Q0qn7wHaFj%26p

5 hours ago, StarGazer said:

This is not a bad way to spend $600, or whatever the going rate is for the Ruger, these days.

They gotten a little pricy. Bout $700 with out all the shipping and extortion (taxes, NICS and transfer) added on. Definitely not the sub $500 carbine it once was but again had an ADHD moment and figured why the hell not, I need an other PCC in my life and an other takedown long gun for out of state travel purposes. Now I need 9mm Glock mags and a  9mm Glock handgun. Down the rabbit hole I go!

9 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

They gotten a little pricy. Bout $700 with out all the shipping and extortion (taxes, NICS and transfer) added on. Definitely not the sub $500 carbine it once was but again had an ADHD moment and figured why the hell not, I need an other PCC in my life and an other takedown long gun for out of state travel purposes. Now I need 9mm Glock mags and a  9mm Glock handgun. Down the rabbit hole I go!

Which version are you getting? When I was looking on GB there we several of the NJ legal chassis style - model # 19126 - which is what I was interested in. Then I started looking at alternatives.

I have shot the pistol version too - the PC Charger - and it was great, especially suppressed. The owner was especially careful to check he still had it when I left the range that day :ninja:

40 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Which version are you getting? When I was looking on GB there we several of the NJ legal chassis style - model # 19126 - which is what I was interested in. Then I started looking at alternatives.

I have shot the pistol version too - the PC Charger - and it was great, especially suppressed. The owner was especially careful to check he still had it when I left the range that day :ninja:

I got the fixed stock version with the mlok hand guard. I did not get the chassis model because the conventional sporter stock makes a good candidate for an out of state travel long gun.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 11:44 AM, areacode201 said:

This looks cool but I still have my eyes on a Beretta CX4 as I already have 92 mags.  Has anyone seen a CX4 in stock lately new or used?

I owned one. Got rid of it. A bit of a pain in the ass to clean not to mention that did not run that smoothly even when cleaned after about 100 rounds during any range outing. 

On 4/1/2021 at 9:41 AM, always_an_eagle said:

I got the fixed stock version with the mlok hand guard. I did not get the chassis model because the conventional sporter stock makes a good candidate for an out of state travel long gun.

The fixed stock version handles a lot like an M1 Carbine.  Not as much power but will work out to 100 yards or farther.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2021 at 9:24 PM, Sniper said:

I second the Scorpion. I originally looked at the PC carbine, and even though I like Ruger, it was just too "Plain Jane" for me. So, I went with the Scorpion, which actually has a bunch of options, and is cooler (and shoots like a dream).

th?id=OIP.P32C5QLedwbXpQz2Q0qn7wHaFj%26p

I hate you for putting the idea in my head!  Now it's only a matter of time...

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

I hate you for putting the idea in my head!  Now it's only a matter of time...

Ha...

Remember, he who dies with the most toys wins!!!

I just turned my Scorpion into a bullpup.. that's the great thing about them, you can customize and modify them so many different ways!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GRIZ said:

The fixed stock version handles a lot like an M1 Carbine.  Not as much power but will work out to 100 yards or farther.

I would love to own an M1 Carbine but NJ says other wise 

9 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

I would love to own an M1 Carbine but NJ says other wise 

Had one, once upon a time (in prehistoric NJ).  Get an AR; better rifle in every respect.

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Or better yet.....Get 10 ARs!:)

I already got 4 ARs they get a little boring after a while. Why only drive just one car in life when there is so many different cars to get behind the wheel.

• Like 1

I bought a PC Carbine online that came with a threaded barrel and my FFL is saying that it has to be pinned and that no long guns in NJ can have threaded barrels. Is that true? I thought that the barrel would be considered as only one of the banned and can't figure out what the second one is?

2 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

I bought a PC Carbine online that came with a threaded barrel and my FFL is saying that it has to be pinned and that no long guns in NJ can have threaded barrels. Is that true? I thought that the barrel would be considered as only one of the banned and can't figure out what the second one is?

If you got the chassis style PC Carbine with the pistol grip, yes the thread protector or muzzle device has to be pinned. If you got the traditional rifle stock version without the pistol grip no pinning is required.

• Agree 1

Just now, Mr.Stu said:

If you got the chassis style PC Carbine with the pistol grip, yes the thread protector or muzzle device has to be pinned. If you got the traditional rifle stock version without the pistol grip no pinning is required.

Traditional stock. 

5 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

Find a new FFL.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mr.Stu said:

1 hour ago, gfl216 said:

Traditional stock. 

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Find a new FFL.

And please ID the FFL who is steering you wrong so we all can avoid him.

7 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

And please ID the FFL who is steering you wrong so we all can avoid him.

Let me see how it plays out first. I have used this guy a few times before and he was always great. I'm hoping that its just a misunderstanding and the transfer will go smooth. If it goes South I'll definitely let everyone know.