M1152

and so it happens again

28 minutes ago, BobA said:

I believe the Frenchtown cops are NJSP Kingwood Barracks.  Not gun friendly.  

No Frenchtown has their own police and the chief is not gun friendly. The thing that really sucks about this case is she was on bridge street so she could see PA while getting arrested. 

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I’m curious... how was the cop able to see her CCW while she was getting her license?  How did that end up in a search that found the handgun?

As the poor woman was fumbling nervously with her papers, the Cop noticed the CCW permit.  The permit raises the question, "Do you have a gun?".  This question needs an answer.  Most law-abiding citizens don't lie to Cops & NOBODY wants to get drawn-down on, lookin' into a muzzle of a nervous cops' gun, so....  And from there all of the Philly lawyers on this forum will bicker as to whether or not the Cop had "probable cause" to search. 

NOT pointed at you specifically, just a general comment:

After the DEBATE (that somehow always needs to take place here & waste a ton of time) is over, can we PLEASE WORK TOGETHER to help this lady???

A good friend of mine, Rich Petkevis,  was #2 in command of NJ2AS during the Fiamingo administration as the groups' Executive Director.  Earlier today on social media Rich summed-up this tragic incident with this speed-trap analogy:

"NJ is a state sized rights trap. Just like a dumpy little borough that drops the speed limit to 35MPH on a road that’s 55MPH in the name of revenue generation, NJ does it to impose their liberty sucking will on all who pass through. Here’s yet another example to send to Washington so HR38 can get passed in the senate."

Rich hit the nail on its' head!  EVERY Victim of UNCONSTITUTIONAL NJ gun law is more ammo for S446 to clear the Senate.  As crazy as his voting record was, even a RINO like the late Arlen Specter, US Senator from PA, would vote in the affirmative so his constituents would no longer be subjected to such draconian laws!  

Let's use the power of the forum to build a 2A Army instead of a debating society, shall we?  Leave the minutia to the lawyers.  If you wanna type something to get out yer frustration, type a letter to all of the Legislature so they better understand what they do has a direct effect on people's lives.  Send it to the media, use it when you call-in on NJ101.5fm when they bring up the topic!  There are a ton of ways to HELP other than merely typing HERE......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

No Frenchtown has their own police and the chief is not gun friendly. The thing that really sucks about this case is she was on bridge street so she could see PA while getting arrested. 

As I read your words, I can see in my mind the entire sick scenario playing-out, over & over again, with her head turned towards FREEDOM as the Cop slaps the bracelets on this poor grandma, the next living example of why we need to change our NJ gun laws AND pray that National Reciprocity passes the Senate EARLY next year!.  Makes me wanna PUKE!

• Like 1

----

While she was searching for her license, officers spotted a concealed weapons permit, according to a press release.

An investigation revealed Gracey had the handgun in her purse, authorities said.

---------

Lets hope a competent lawyer would have it thrown out, unless the law abiding answered questions fully and honestly. We will see. 

On 12/29/2017 at 9:25 AM, jackandjill said:

----

While she was searching for her license, officers spotted a concealed weapons permit, according to a press release.

An investigation revealed Gracey had the handgun in her purse, authorities said.

---------

Lets hope a competent lawyer would have it thrown out, unless the law abiding answered questions fully and honestly. We will see. 

Why would it be thrown out? After seeing the CC permit, the officer probably followed up with “are you carrying a Weapon?”  If she said yes, game over, good collar. 

On 12/29/2017 at 8:23 AM, Smokin .50 said:

As the poor woman was fumbling nervously with her papers, the Cop noticed the CCW permit.  The permit raises the question, "Do you have a gun?".  This question needs an answer.  Most law-abiding citizens don't lie to Cops & NOBODY wants to get drawn-down on, lookin' into a muzzle of a nervous cops' gun, so....  And from there all of the Philly lawyers on this forum will bicker as to whether or not the Cop had "probable cause" to search. 

NOT pointed at you specifically, just a general comment:

After the DEBATE (that somehow always needs to take place here & waste a ton of time) is over, can we PLEASE WORK TOGETHER to help this lady???

The debate on this arrest already happened in this thread.....HERE

5 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

The debate on this arrest already happened in this thread.....HERE

Yes indeed.  You're 100% correct!  When someone wasn't getting the desired response on this thread, they started another thread on the SAME subject.  Thanks for the link.  Have a Happy New Year Johnny!

• Like 1

BUMP!!!

GO FUND ME ACCOUNT NOW IN PLACE FOR THIS WOMAN FROM FLORIDA THAT GOT JAMMED-UP:

https://www.gofundme.com/donna-gracey-nj-weapon-defence  

Donna Gracey, the 59 yr old Seminole, Fla woman arrested for her ccw in Frenchtown, NJ has a go fund me page.  Please help if you can & thanks!

Rosey

CNJFO

http://www.cnjfo.com 

• Like 1

NJ101.5 has Shaneen Allen on this AM, The host was asking about her NJ horror story.   I was able to call in and explain to the call taker about the Frenchtown case, They knew nothing about it and said they would look into it,       Before I could say anything else they put me right on the air and I explained it to the host on the air so hopefully the case gets some attention.

• Like 1