Howard

NJ arrests another one, this time from FL

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon/index.ssf/2017/12/florida_woman_arrested_after_cops_find_loaded_hand.html

Woman arrested after cops find loaded handgun in her purse

A Florida woman was arrested after cops found she was carrying a handgun loaded with hollow point bullets in her purse during a traffic stop, Frenchtown police said.

Cops stopped Donna Marie Gracey, 59, of Seminole, Florida, on Tuesday for having tinted windows and a view obstruction on Bridge Street in Frenchtown. While she was searching for her license, officers spotted a concealed weapons permit, according to a press release.

An investigation revealed Gracey had the handgun in her purse, authorities said.

Though Gracey had a permit to carry the gun in her home state, New Jersey's strict gun laws require weapons to be stored unloaded and locked in the trunk. 

While legal to possess hollow point ammunition, there are heavy restrictions in N.J. regarding transporting and using the bullets. 

it is also illegal to possess hollow nose or hollow point bullets unless you are engaged in one of the activities that are considered "exemptions." These include: hunting, fishing, and target shooting.

Gov. Chris Christie has pardoned a number of out-of-state residentswho were caught with weapons, but is against a GOP-led bill that would allow gun owners with state-issued concealed-carry permits to carry in states that allow concealed weapons.  

Christie is against the change, noting it's a state's rights issue that the federal government should stay out of.

Gracey was charged with possession of a loaded handgun and possession of hollow point bullets and summonses for tinted windows and view obstruction. She was released pending court.

Sophie Nieto-Munoz may be reached at [email protected]. Follow her at @snietomunoz. Find NJ.com on Facebook.

Cop who disregards the Constitution made his big bust of an old lady because he was so observant and saw her CCW Permit. Then she was of course probably dumb enough to tell him or give him permission to search. Those people on YouTube that crack their window and hand a pre printed piece of paper to cops and don't say a word maybe on to something.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Tinted windows? Was she driving a NJ licensed vehicle? Police can't enforce out of state registered vehicles having equipment violations.

What's wrong with these Police nowadays? Have the driver put it in the trunk and move on.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Tinted windows? Was she driving a NJ licensed vehicle? Police can't enforce out of state registered vehicles having equipment violations.

What's wrong with these Police nowadays? Have the driver put it in the trunk and move on.

drug runners from florida to new york.

Exactly their stop was bad. Hopefully so was their search and this gets thrown out. Another example of cops not upholding the Constitution and instead acting like Stormtroopers or the Gestapo and enforcing the laws of the party.

Frenchtown is a another po-dunk NJ town that has lost 10% of their residents but added police. There are at least 7 officers and a chief.

http://frenchtown.com/police/

The two that made the big bust aren't listed in link above.

https://frenchtownboro.com/police/news-events/police-blotter/

That is the same chief who hired a cop who was previously employed by Roxbury PD and was in a drunk driving accident.

http://www.newjerseyhills.com/roxbury-cop-placed-on-paid-leave-following-drunk-driving-allegation/article_83af21d9-215e-5114-87b0-e36b125fed86.html

That same cop then got arrested by the real police while in employment of Frenchtown. $200k of our federal tax dollars paid the clowns salary yet the chief is still employed.

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2010/12/frenchtown_cop.html

People should run for town council and Mayor on the platform of reducing the size of police departments to save taxpayers money for salary, benefits, and pensions.

drug runners from florida to new york.

Is not probable cause, nor a reason to pull someone over who has out of state plates

I can't wait to find out she had full tints and the obstruction they didn't see til after they pulled her over was rosary beads.

I swear I don't know who is the bigger badge bunny on here. Defending the police no matter what does not fix the problem. 

yaknow? regarding cops, you're almost as bad as avb is regarding trump.

i ain't defending shit. what i'm saying is that it's common(or was) for fla plated cars to be running drugs between ny and fla. thus they get stopped. whether or not what was done afterwards i didn't even mention.

yaknow? regarding cops, you're almost as bad as avb is regarding trump.   i ain't defending shit. what i'm saying is that it's common(or was) for fla plated cars to be running drugs between ny and fla. thus they get stopped. whether or not what was done afterwards i didn't even mention.

No you can't stop someone for their plates. This is not Nazi Germany. Should Florida Residents have to show papers and maybe NJ Residents will wear stars?

Funny thing is I support the police and as I have said have many friends who are police officers but I will not be silent and support those who disregard the Constitution and Civil Rights of Citizens.

I am also a true Conservative who does not see the need for a police state and the amount of tax dollars wasted on every single one of the 550+ towns in NJ having a PD and a Chief. Especially when they waste my federal tax dollars hiring drunk drivers. Frenchtown has a NJSP barracks down the road. They do not need their own police department.

• Like 3

Median Municipal Cop Salary in NJ is $105k+. The lowest paid department in most counties exceeds the Median Income for Residents of the County. The lowest paid in most counties are departments that shouldn't even exist. Camden is one of the few exceptions.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2017/05/the_lowest-paid_police_department_in_each_nj_county.html

Even more disgusting is the highest paid departments in the state. With Hillbilly Howell Township (no offense meant just stressing most of the town is woods and open land) having one of the highest paid Police in the state at $135k median salary. Notice most of the towns have a violent crime rate of .3 per 1000 or almost non existent. No the police didn't make the violent crime rate lower in those towns. It never existed.

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2017/05/the_25_towns_with_the_highest_police_salaries_in_nj.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

i ain't defending shit. what i'm saying is that it's common(or was) for fla plated cars to be running drugs between ny and fla. thus they get stopped. whether or not what was done afterwards i didn't even mention.

They used to pull over cars with black drivers for the same reason.

I have heard of this before in other non friendly states they look for your fid or ccw cards as you go through your wallet etc.. looking for your DL ins card reg etc.. if they notice your ccw or fid they will ask about weapons.. Officers that do this just want another mark in their belt to brag to their buddies. Separate your driving privileges from your 2A documents.

3 hours ago, capt14k said:

Those people on YouTube that crack their window and hand a pre printed piece of paper to cops and don't say a word maybe on to something.

This 

3 hours ago, PK90 said:

And this

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SW9racer said:

You know, just about every highway into Virginia has a sign "radar detectors illegal", nj should be required to have a "second amendment does not apply" sign on every bridge 

Better yet” US Constitution does not apply here “

40 minutes ago, SW9racer said:

You know, just about every highway into Virginia has a sign "radar detectors illegal"

That pisses me off too.   International and US law both hold that it is legal to receive any frequency you want (if the transmitter wants privacy, the burden is on them to encrypt).    Transmission can be regulated. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 10X said:

That pisses me off too.   International and US law both hold that it is legal to receive any frequency you want (if the transmitter wants privacy, the burden is on them to encrypt).    Transmission can be regulated. 

It's a $100 ticket for a radar detector, vs $1000 for speeding.

I'll take the detector ticket all day long.

• Like 2

Woman from Florida is in the clear she obviously had no intent to break NJ Law so she can use the H&H Defense (Hillary & Huma). Even the FBI agrees.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/29/politics/huma-abedin-state-department-email-release/index.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bt Doctur said:

You are not required to give any additional information other than your DL, reg, and ins.

Never, ever consent to a search

This is incorrect! In most states that issue concealed carry permits you are either automatically required to notify an Officer you are armed during any encounter, or you are required to notify if asked by an Officer during an encounter. 

Not consenting to a search is fine, but if the Officer sees a gun when a woman opens her bag, not consenting to a search will not work at that point.

This is incorrect! In most states that issue concealed carry permits you are either automatically required to notify an Officer you are armed during any encounter, or you are required to notify if asked by an Officer during an encounter. 
Not consenting to a search is fine, but if the Officer sees a gun when a woman opens her bag, not consenting to a search will not work at that point.
Officer didn't see gun he saw permit.

Though you are correct certain states do have a duty to inform.

I had a similar thing happen in 1990 as far as a LEO seeing my FID,   I was re-entering the US from canada in VT,   I think it was Alsburg but I dont remember.    I was profiled because I was a white single male.   I was naive and never thought that cops really profile people probably because my father was a cop his whole life as well as many relatives,  I always game them the benifit of the doubt {back then )   they had me pull into the area where they search your car, They asked if I had any weapons which I said no,  they searched my car opened my fishing tackle box and took out an old rusty pocket knife that wouldn't even close anymore and the guy said in his meanest voice that " I thought you said you have no weapons"   I laughed and explained to the scholar that its an old rusty knife not a weapon.    well they got done with my truck and didnt find anything that could have used as an excuse to stomp my guts out and I had to go inside and empty my wallet and there it was mixed in with all my pocket lint and standing out like a neon sign was my NJ FID ,  well i had to explain to the douche what it was and than the whole episode started all over again.

Lucky for me probably I had just purchased the truck about 2 weeks earlier and didnt have time to get all my spent .22s stuck in the crevasses yet or rolling all over the bed.   Now a days we know better and I  am no longer intimidated by the heros and tell them exactly what I have to and now more.   

as far as this FL womens case I hope she gets a lawyer that is schooled in 4th amendment and traffic stops and maybe we should should all call into the AG's new "safe stop" program or what ever they call it and demand that the charges be dropped due to the false reason for the stop and search and civil rights violations. 

18 hours ago, SW9racer said:

You know, just about every highway into Virginia has a sign "radar detectors illegal", nj should be required to have a "second amendment does not apply" sign on every bridge 

this would be a good idea for the nj2a associations to possibly put on billboards on highways entering the state.

11 hours ago, revenger said:

I had a similar thing happen in 1990 as far as a LEO seeing my FID,   I was re-entering the US from canada in VT,   I think it was Alsburg but I dont remember.    I was profiled because I was a white single male.   I was naive and never thought that cops really profile people probably because my father was a cop his whole life as well as many relatives,  I always game them the benifit of the doubt {back then )   they had me pull into the area where they search your car, They asked if I had any weapons which I said no,  they searched my car opened my fishing tackle box and took out an old rusty pocket knife that wouldn't even close anymore and the guy said in his meanest voice that " I thought you said you have no weapons"   I laughed and explained to the scholar that its an old rusty knife not a weapon.    well they got done with my truck and didnt find anything that could have used as an excuse to stomp my guts out and I had to go inside and empty my wallet and there it was mixed in with all my pocket lint and standing out like a neon sign was my NJ FID ,  well i had to explain to the douche what it was and than the whole episode started all over again.

Lucky for me probably I had just purchased the truck about 2 weeks earlier and didnt have time to get all my spent .22s stuck in the crevasses yet or rolling all over the bed.   Now a days we know better and I  am no longer intimidated by the heros and tell them exactly what I have to and now more.   

as far as this FL womens case I hope she gets a lawyer that is schooled in 4th amendment and traffic stops and maybe we should should all call into the AG's new "safe stop" program or what ever they call it and demand that the charges be dropped due to the false reason for the stop and search and civil rights violations. 

every  human being on the planet that encounters other human beings profiles. this includes cops, salesmen, mechanics, watress's, etc. EVERYone. if you think you or anyopne you know dowesn't do this, you're still naive. shit....back in the day, i was constantly profiled. skinny white dude with long hair(VERY long), beard wearing jeans and boots.....leather jacket in the winter.....yea. i was profiled CONSTANTLY. it happens.

• Like 1