Howard

NJ arrests another one, this time from FL

It's a $100 ticket for a radar detector, vs $1000 for speeding.
I'll take the detector ticket all day long.
I've been thru Virginia many times and my Valentine V1 stays on and functioning.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

This is incorrect! In most states that issue concealed carry permits you are either automatically required to notify an Officer you are armed during any encounter, or you are required to notify if asked by an Officer during an encounter. 
Not consenting to a search is fine, but if the Officer sees a gun when a woman opens her bag, not consenting to a search will not work at that point.
I know in Alaska, if pulled over, you must immediately tell the officer you have a firearm.

every  human being on the planet that encounters other human beings profiles. this includes cops, salesmen, mechanics, watress's, etc. EVERYone. if you think you or anyopne you know dowesn't do this, you're still naive. shit....back in the day, i was constantly profiled. skinny white dude with long hair(VERY long), beard wearing jeans and boots.....leather jacket in the winter.....yea. i was profiled CONSTANTLY. it happens.
I agree. Everyone profiles one way or the other, whether they want to admit it or not. Just as everyone is profiled by others.

It's call "first impressions".

I would love to see a pro- american governor in the United States (United  States) declare that NJ driver licenses will no longer be accepted as proof of being a licensed driver as Nj's drivers tests are not as stringent as their own as well as NJ being a sanctuary state ( criminal state ) . NJ citizens wishing to operate a motor vehicle in such a state shall produce verifiable documentation of citizenship and be required to take a local driving exam at a point of entry to make sure they understand  the motor vehicle laws of such a state.   since it is constantly drilled into our heads that driving is a privilege let NJ and the supreme court chew on that. 

Maybe that should be a line in HR-38  something to the tune of:    A professional / legal  license issued to a citizen of any state shall be accepted by any of the 50 states and territories as having the rights and powers of that license as that of the issuing state as long as the license holder is an american citizen and not prohibited by federal law.  

Doctor from NH can practice in VT

Civil Engineer in KS can build briges in WY

Lawyer in PA    well forget the lawyers screw them.

Gun owner in AL has same rights in NJ  etc.etc.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, revenger said:

I would love to see a pro- american governor in the United States (United  States) declare that NJ driver licenses will no longer be accepted as proof of being a licensed driver 

When I moved to NJ years ago, NJ refused to recognize my Idaho drivers license when I had to surrender it and get a NJ license.  The genius at the NJ DMV said it wasn’t valid here because Idaho wasn’t a state (WTF!!) and the words “Drivers License” didn’t appear on it, even though it was issued by the Idaho DMV and had checkboxes on the back for motorcycle operator, daylight only, corrective lenses required, etc.   They told me I couldn’t drive here until I got training and passed a road test with their examiner.

i had to argue the point up through two levels of supervisors before they finally agreed I had a valid license and didn’t need a road test. 

When I moved to NJ years ago, NJ refused to recognize my Idaho drivers license when I had to surrender it and get a NJ license.  The genius at the NJ DMV said it wasn’t valid here because Idaho wasn’t a state (WTF!!) and the words “Drivers License” didn’t appear on it, even though it was issued by the Idaho DMV and had checkboxes on the back for motorcycle operator, daylight only, corrective lenses required, etc.   They told me I couldn’t drive here until I got training and passed a road test with their examiner.

i had to argue the point up through two levels of supervisors before they finally agreed I had a valid license and didn’t need a road test. 

How many years ago was that and how old was the employee? 1960 and the guy was 80 years old? Did he believe there were only 42 States?

Or was it when DMV was still state run? Government employee not being very bright makes sense.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I had a MVC clerk tell me that Denville wasn't a subdivision of the state or county when I was getting my CDL. I wanted to self-certify instead of getting a DOT physical. I just asked for a supervisor and showed her the documents on MVC letterhead that clearly stated subdivision of state or county, intrastate only and no passenger endorsement means no physical necessary.

She agreed and then had to call over 2 other supervisors to figure out how to process the license without the physical form.

This will be fun every 2 years. You can't renew a CDL by mail. 

2 hours ago, revenger said:

brucin

a medical card is now required,  there is no more self certifying.     I'll bet your CDL has been downgraded until you show a medical cert.   I used to do the same thing but no more.

This is a new federal requirement.  

When did this start. I renewed this year, and had filed self certified years before. Nobody asked for med card when I renewed in person.

OK, after a little Google-Fu seems a Cat 4 exemption is still valid in NJ.  So no med card required.

I know federal regs now require all drivers of commercial vehicles 10,000lbs and over to have medical cards - whether they have a CDL or not. And all commercial vehicles 10,000lbs and over must have US DOT numbers, even if used only intrastate. Enforcement of this supposedly started at the beginning of this year.

I hope they throw the book at her. Let her rot in prison. Help from NJ won't come from within. It will come from outside. Enough old ladies from down south sitting prison, maybe some senators and federal judges will finally step in. It's not fair to us any other way. Unless you're OK sitting here playing internet lawyer over what you can and can't do, meanwhile some guy in AL can put a "arm brace" on his "Ar-15 pistol" and "CCW" it on the way to shooting up old cars in a field. And laughing apathetically at people like us.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2017 at 10:47 AM, xXxplosive said:

IMO, the best way to see NJ is from your rear view mirror going over the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

For me, it would be (and was) the I-78 bridge over the Delaware Riv. into Easton PA.  :D

55 minutes ago, mossburger said:

I hope they throw the book at her. Let her rot in prison. Help from NJ won't come from within. It will come from outside. Enough old ladies from down south sitting prison, maybe some senators and federal judges will finally step in. It's not fair to us any other way. Unless you're OK sitting here playing internet lawyer over what you can and can't do, meanwhile some guy in AL can put a "arm brace" on his "Ar-15 pistol" and "CCW" it on the way to shooting up old cars in a field. And laughing apathetically at people like us.

I get why you want to take this approach, but I'm not so sure it would be all that effective, and it would cost the "object of the exercise" their liberty while waiting for that magic to happen. The help certainly won't come from any of the Govts. of those Southern States.  Heck, here in FL, we couldn't even get OC passed nor any significant pro-2A legislation passed last year and won't again this year.... all because of one FL Senator who wants to run for Mayor of Miami-Dade gumming up the works in the Judiciary committee.  This with help from MDA, the FRF (Florida Retail Federation) and "The Rodent..." As more liberals migrate from up Northeast and into Miami from Puerto Rico, Florida turns more blue every day. Many of the FL House or Reps are carpetbaggers from NY and two of them are retired NYPD detectives...  And, besides, the libertarian in me would not want to see anyone jailed, losing their liberty just to prove a point that probably can't be proven.  

I think the best approach is education. I'm on my Florida gun forums every day, warning people not to bring weapons into NJ... unless they are "in transit" via FOPA rules or moving here permanently, per NJ law exemptions. The problem being, most people who live in and were raised in "Free states" simply can't comprehend what it's like to live in NJ and be subject to all these restrictions. It just doesn't occur to them that a State Govt. could act like this. They live in "denial."  Then they get caught. It sucks.

But having a bunch of "sacrificial lambs" is not the way, either. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2017 at 8:31 AM, PK90 said:

Tinted windows? Was she driving a NJ licensed vehicle? Police can't enforce out of state registered vehicles having equipment violations.

What's wrong with these Police nowadays? Have the driver put it in the trunk and move on.

That is not totally true.. Some equipment violations can be enforced on out of state vehicles if it involves obsuring of licensing and/or vehicle safety. So far Tint is not one of them. Windsheilds are still questionable in most states.   

18 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

in nj it is without a medical card. and there are only 3 grades allowed. just because it doesn't fail inspection anymore doesn't mean it's suddenly legal. that just means that they don't do the safety inspection anymore.

They are talking about outta state vehicles. 

• Like 2

i know rhey are. many states you are subject to that states regs, regardless of where you're from. i wouldn't doubt that nj is one of those. if we're not, got a link showing such?

i know i was ticketed in pa for expired inspection sticker.....

well that was easy. :::::::::::::: As the State argues, a law enforcement officer cannot ascertain whether an out-of-state licensed vehicle is owned by a resident of that state without checking the registration credentials for the vehicle. It is not unusual in this day and age for a resident of one state to register his car in another state. See Bidnick v. Hanover Ins. Co., Inc., 230 N.J.Super. 111, 552 A.2d 1023 (App. Div. 1989). In the latter situation, under the plain language of the statute, the exemption would not apply. Consequently, entitlement to the exemption of N.J.S.A. 39:3-15 cannot be determined until the registration credentials confirm the vehicle in question is owned by an out-of-state resident and properly registered there. The only practical way for that confirmation to occur is for the police officer involved to review the appropriate credentials. Accordingly, N.J.S.A. 39:3-15 does not proscribe the officer from making a stop or the officer from requiring the driver to produce registration and driving credentials when a police officer observes an out-of-state licensed vehicle with an equipment violation. See Delaware v. Prouse, 440 U.S. 648, 99 S.Ct. 1391, 59 L.Ed.2d 660 (1979). :::::::::::::::::::

https://www.leagle.com/decision/1993328265njsuper631323

On 12/30/2017 at 8:54 AM, this_is_nascar said:

I've been thru Virginia many times and my Valentine V1 stays on and functioning.

I know in Alaska, if pulled over, you must immediately tell the officer you have a firearm.

As much as I hate the "captain america" self righteous super cop attitude of alot of them out there, its always a good idea to use common sense when in an encounter with the police. You have rights, yes, but anything you can do that can de-escalate the situation and make them more calm, lessens the risk of you getting shot/tazed etc. You can yell about your rights all you want but if you got a trigger happy cop it wont make a difference once he starts shooting. While me or my brother have never been pulled over with weapons in the car either transporting from the store or going to the range, even if I did get pulled over, I would still inform the officer that I had them in the car and let him make the judgement call of what hes most comfortable with. The minute you start catching an attitude is when you have a problem. There are plenty of reasonable steps that don't diminish the fact that you have rights, that one can take to keep everyone calm. Being well spoken, respectful and calm, while still being smart about the encounter is the best way to go.

On 12/29/2017 at 11:46 AM, tony357 said:

I have heard of this before in other non friendly states they look for your fid or ccw cards as you go through your wallet etc.. looking for your DL ins card reg etc.. if they notice your ccw or fid they will ask about weapons.. Officers that do this just want another mark in their belt to brag to their buddies. Separate your driving privileges from your 2A documents.

Heard Maryland is famous for this. Heard of one case they pulled over a NJ resident and his family who were on their way for a family vacation officers made them all get out of the car and searched every inch of their car and bags because he had a NJ FID  card and kept asking him where his guns were just because he was from out of state.

Maryland has been/is "data mining" constantly.  This involves millions of dollars of high tech computer equipment and connection to every database other states allow them to search.  The case mentioned in the prior post was not a NJ resident, is was a Florida resident traveling through Maryland on his way to visit relatives in NJ.  He has a Florida resident CCW and Maryland knew this from running his plate through their data base.  Believing he was carrying, they where out to get him.  It didn't work, he knew better and left it home.

3 hours ago, T Bill said:

Maryland has been/is "data mining" constantly.  This involves millions of dollars of high tech computer equipment and connection to every database other states allow them to search.  The case mentioned in the prior post was not a NJ resident, is was a Florida resident traveling through Maryland on his way to visit relatives in NJ.  He has a Florida resident CCW and Maryland knew this from running his plate through their data base.  Believing he was carrying, they where out to get him.  It didn't work, he knew better and left it home.

Ah, yes, the case of Mr. John Fliippidis.  Actually, he was on his way home to FL from visiting his relatives in NJ. He made the mistake of traveling down I-95 through the Harbor tunnel area, where the MTAP were using ALPR cameras to tag people and link them via that MCAC data as firearms owners.  And, even though Mr. Filippidis did leave his weapon at home, they still gave his vehicle the "Shake & Bake..."  for 2 hours out in the cold, simply because of an inconsistent statement from his wife (they asked her separately "Where is his weapon?..." and she said, "I don't know... maybe in the glove box..." or something to that effect...) which was all the PC they claim to have needed.

Lesson learned - Don't travel down I-95 through the Harbor Tunnel area. There are several alternatives. You can go down US 301 via the Eastern Shore and across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, if you're looking to get to DC.  If you want to go straight to FL (and you're near I-78 in Hunterdon County), you can take the route I used:

1)  I-78 W through PA to I-81 south.

2) I-81 South all the way through PA, MD (for a very short 10 minutes), WVa and VA.  It's a really nice, scenic drive through the Shenandoah Valley.  Drive through to I-77 S near Roanoke.

3) I-77 S  through Southern VA and into NC, through NC and cross over into SC.  You'll find a very nice Cabella's waiting for you right on the SC state line. Proceed South to I-26 E.

4) I-26 E  to I-95 S. 

5) Continue on I-95 S (just near Charleston) and on to Fl.  Only 40 miles longer than taking I-95 all the way down, and you avoid all the hassles of i-95 traffic, etc. And you avoid the Harbor tunnels.

As for Maryland "data mining," it's possible that MCAC was able to get the data on CWFL carriers a few years ago (perhaps when Mr. Filippidis got his CWFL), but FL passed legislation that makes CWFL holder's data "confidential." The FL DOACS cannot release it without a court order (in re: a specific request for a given holder), or "in bulk" at all. So anyone that got their CWFL after that legislation passed may not be part of MCAC's mining effort...  not through that channel, anyway.

On 12/29/2017 at 8:31 AM, PK90 said:

Tinted windows? Was she driving a NJ licensed vehicle? Police can't enforce out of state registered vehicles having equipment violations.

What's wrong with these Police nowadays? Have the driver put it in the trunk and move on.

You really need to ask?  the profession has been going downhill for some time.  I think loggers might be a smarter group