MichaelDiggs

Red Dot - Alternative to Aimpoint Micro H2?

I am getting another red dot for my dad. I have the Aimpoint Micro H2. It's a great little red dot, battery lasts a very long time and is very small and light. The lowest price I could find is $593. I was wondering if anyone knows an alternative model/brand in that price range that is just as good? I could just get the same one, but figured I'd mix it up and try another brand. Like Trijicon, Vortex?

Thanks. I'll have to check it out. I also saw Primary Arms advertising a new Red Dot of their own for $149. Looks just like the Aimpoint Micro H2. Can't beat the price, but I'd want it to be made in the USA. The Primary Arms magnifier I received was made in China. Most firearms hardware is made in the USA, so maybe PA took the less road traveled by. Not %100 sure.

I have the vortex strike fire on my AR, can change from red to green dot and the intensity according to lighting battery lasts long time. the new one is strike fire 2. 

been good red dot sight never had any issues..

EDIT: one thing I did just remember it is a 4moa red dot out at 100 yards it is little big may want to take that into consideration depending on your target you may want something with 2moa dot especially if your shooting long distance paper target.

1 hour ago, SW9racer said:

I picked up a Holosun 503bu for a great price during black friday. It has 2moa dot with a larger circle, you can turn the circle off as well. It has great reviews 

some feed back on how long the battery lasts would be great once you try it out..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

I got mine last year for Xmas. Use it almost every week for an hour. I'll swap out the battery just because its been a year but its still going strong. YMMV

That's good info the older red dots that had the 2032 batts would go dead within few hours use. 

I put a Burris AR-F3 on my 9mm AR rifle. It is a 3 MOA FastFire III in a special AR mount. I really like it, I wanted a open window miniature sight instead of something bulkier, I think this is perfect and the mount provides good protection.